Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• @3blokes

Eurostar group discount

Attn. @Big in Brasov, @foresthillred

It's too bad they took so long to get back to me, but it appears that Eurostar will offer a group discount of around 25% for 10 or more people. Too late for @TCE and I, I guess, but if this is of interest maybe best to mail me and I will pass on the email from Eurostar

G*Ts, I'll book another ticket to save myself some money. (a bit of SMT logic there!!) ;)
  • Just a reminder but if your questions remain unanswered on here contact
    charlton.card@yahoo.co.uk
    I believe there is an update coming out tomorrow
  • @PragueAddick thanks for the heads-up but travel arrangements already made.
  • @PragueAddick thanks for the heads-up but travel arrangements already made.

Hi mate, you are welcome. Please don't take this as a criticism, because I can see that the organisation behind this is seriously impressive, but I only found out the travel possibilities once I had contacted charlton.card@yahoo.co.uk. And by that time I had already made my arrangements (but that's OK because I'm a Eurostar junkie :-) )

I expect that there are still a lot of people thinking of going, but undecided. So, do you recommended those people to contact CARD first, so they can find out what arrangements you can offer them?

Sorry if that seems bleedin' obvious but I wasn't the only one last week not to have appreciated that.

To those still undecided. This is a very well organised trip, and CARD have options which are not expensive, you will be looked after, and I am sure it will be a weekend you will put among your Charlton highlights in years to come.
  • There is a clue in the thread title, @PragueAddick!
  • There is a clue in the thread title, @PragueAddick!

Doh !!

:-)

• Just booked my Eurotunnel crossing. Only £60, much cheaper than I expected.
  • Me too.
  • From bitter experience the pricing for the eurotunnel goes up steeply in the last two weeks before the travel date.

now it is £30 each way. In the week before travel it goes up to as much as £120 each way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like a hotel in Hasselt the best option? Looks like Sint Tuiden is banged out for some reason ;-))
  • Hasselt is selling well too. Don't delay.
  • Looks like a hotel in Hasselt the best option? Looks like Sint Tuiden is banged out for some reason ;-))

I found a b&b in Gingelom (sp) that had rooms yesterday when I booked. Might be worth a shout. info@regalys.be
  • edited February 2017
    T.C.E said:

Looks like a hotel in Hasselt the best option? Looks like Sint Tuiden is banged out for some reason ;-))

I found a b&b in Gingelom (sp) that had rooms yesterday when I booked. Might be worth a shout. info@regalys.be
    wish I'd read that five mins ago. Just booked Holiday Inn Express in Hasselt so not too bad.

Rooms there look very romantic TCE - hope you and Prague have a nice weekend away ;-))
  • Are any of the Charlton live regulars going? Probably not Louis as palace are probably at home that weekend, just wondered if it would be covered on the Sunday show.
  • I would hope so. I know a few people going, I guess it what you mean by regulars. I know a few poeple also unable to go.
  • Just a reminder, air bnb can have amazing deals
  • T.C.E said:

Looks like a hotel in Hasselt the best option? Looks like Sint Tuiden is banged out for some reason ;-))

wish I'd read that five mins ago. Just booked Holiday Inn Express in Hasselt so not too bad.

Rooms there look very romantic TCE - hope you and Prague have a nice weekend away ;-))
    Im no longer in the same hotel as Prague, I got a phone call saturday night to say they'd double booked my room (Truth be known, I think Prague had me slung out.) ;) Although it didn't take me long, Im hoping @3blokes is joining me at my new location. I'll take my Barry Manilow LP along just incase he does. ;)
  • edited February 2017
    If you contacted charlton.card@yahoo.co.uk for further details you should have them in your inbox now, if not drop the email a line as they won't be appearing in full on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to advise that, due to high demand for places, the Protest Fund has provided additional funding for coaches to the Unity Protest. More places are now available at a cost of only £25 per person

Excellent news, well done to one and all :+1:
  • excellant planning, very detailed, thanks to all involved.
  • Long shot but I'm planning on the day trip, don't suppose anyone fancies letting me sleep on a sofa for the night? Beats sleeping at a station waiting for the first train to get back to Guildford!
  • For those have difficulty finding accommodation in Sint-Truiden, can anyone recommend a modest, budget hotel somewhere near the station in Hasselt?

I've stayed in Hasselt twice in the past 8 months. I stayed in "Hotel The Century" in December. Single room, small but did the job, clean and comfortable. Its above a restaurant, short walk from the train station, maybe 15 minutes.

Stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in July, twin room, little further from the train station, its on the ring road around the town. Its a Holiday Inn Express so you know what you're getting. Its fine.
  • Also for those who like their beer and will be in Hasselt I reccommend Hemelrijk. Its a quiet bar, with slow service but the qality and selection of beer was top notch (almost all bottled). Bierpunt was good too, bit more lively, large tap selection.

The Irish Times was good fun, we were there on a football trip (Genk v Cork City) and they welcomed us in large numbers before and after the game.
  • We do banners and flags if anybody wants to order some. We'll do a special price including design/set up.
  • edited February 2017
    https://twitter.com/TheBelgium20/status/829007654680981504

Food and drink etc. Dunno how to embed the Twitter thing here...
  • edited February 2017
    ffs!