Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Rob7Lee said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Posted this pic previously on an earlier thread. However no apologies for reposting, as the fantastic organisation for this trip has rightly been compared to a military operation.

My dad and comrades in a liberated Belgium 1944.

That a good pic, it shows a Warrant Officers/Sergeants Mess group and a mixture of cap badges Artillery, Argyle's, Cameron Highlanders, Black Watch, KOSB and Gloucester's
    Yes he was in the Royal Artillery. First as a regular -signed on for 6 years in April 1933. Demobbed April 1939 and then called up again on outbreak of war!
    Here's a page from his Service/pay book and a Record Card if it is of any help.

• olster said:

Not coming to ST, but just chucked in £25 to the protest fund to sponsor someone in my place.

Edit - As long as it's not @Addickted2TheReds

Can you sponsor me instead @olster ?
  • Ha, ha, nice one! Watch out, Roland...
  • It must be an omen....
  • jamescafc said:

olster said:

Not coming to ST, but just chucked in £25 to the protest fund to sponsor someone in my place.

And me, do £50
  • jamescafc said:

olster said:

And me, do £50
    Great idea @ElfsborgAddick

Thanks @olster
  • jamescafc said:

olster said:

And me, do £50
    Elfs was your mum or dad a scouser
  • clb74 said:

jamescafc said:

olster said:

And me, do £50
    Elfs was your mum or dad a scouser
    No, why?
  • Sponsored links:

• What about yours?
  • Curb_It said:

And if you are just putting money in to sponsor people please make sure it says sponsorship otherwise your name goes on the list of the attendees. I don't know what your real name is olster so I cant tell.

This is going to be very confusing.

Mr Dick put sponsorship on his so makes it nice and easy.

It's Twatty McTwatface.

Or Twatty McCouldn'tGetATicketForWimbledonFace
  • Have those who sent the form & paid yesterday had a response...?
  • RedPanda said:

Have those who sent the form & paid yesterday had a response...?

In a similar vein, has anyone had a response from TheBelgium20 regarding the Pre-Protest Buffet?

• RedPanda said:

Yes - efficient as ever, confirmed receipt within a few hours.
  • RedPanda said:

In a similar vein, has anyone had a response from TheBelgium20 regarding the Pre-Protest Buffet?

Yes to both, quality Charlton service.... oh wait a minute!! Just hoping to get to the buffet before @Addickted
  • RedPanda said:

Yes to both, quality Charlton service.... oh wait a minute!! Just hoping to get to the buffet before @Addickted
    You won't get to the buffet before @Addickted but he'll never get to the bar that quick
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017
    sammy391 said:

The club are putting on free coaches to Northampton now , wonder why :sweat_smile: </blockquote

Perhaps they will also lay on free coaches to Sint-Truiden.

• Just had confirmation on the Belgian 20 buffet as well. Looking forward to this.
  • WSS said:

sammy391 said:

The club are putting on free coaches to Northampton now , wonder why :sweat_smile:

And free breakfast!
    Whats all that about. Still, protest is working well already, so the club are having to pay the coaches and now free breakfast. I reckon sooner or later they'll be a raffle for a seat on the bench, sort of job share with RoJo, he never gets on either.
  • Scoham said:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-karl-robinson-northampton-3565050.aspx

Charlton boss Karl Robinson has praised the club’s away support at Bolton Wanderers and has asked for the same again in our upcoming clash against Northampton Town on Saturday, March 4th.

It will be our first competitive game at Sixfields Stadium and with that in-mind the club requested and have received the maximum allocation of 1,430 tickets for the game.

In addition, for the third time this season the club will put on free coaches – having been in operation for our fixture at Bolton Wanderers and the upcoming game against Rochdale – and on this occasion supporters can also enjoy a free breakfast from The Valley.
    2 coaches for Bolton
    2 coaches for Rochdale
    The same number to Northampton?
  • edited February 2017
    Free breakfast? Mind you you'll need some sustenance if it's the usual 2 hours of pick ups in South East London and Kent. Well done the club :smirk: