Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Many thanks to the Lifers who have donated £25 (and more in some cases) to sponsor a fellow addick to come o the trip.

As @Curb_It says above, please quote "Sponsorship" on the payment reference.

Now - the next part....

If you would like to come on the Unity Protest but are on a very tight budget, please do apply for a sponsored place.

You can do that, strictly privately, by sending me a PM. I will do a quick check of posting history to ensure we aren't using sponsor money to pay for someone who is strongly anti-protest to come along!

Of course, the sponsored place will be for the coach fare only - which suggests the "there and back same day" option. Anyone on a sponsored place going for the two days will still need to find and pay for their own accommodation.

Righto. I posted this very hurriedly this morning before being dragged out round the shops in Windsor by the fair Mrs Davo.

Let me put a bit more flesh on the bones:

1. The protest fund is subsidising the coach travel to enable individual fares to be limited to £25 return.

2. Separately, a number of fans (many of whom would love to come but just can't make the Belgium protests personally) have paid £25 or more into the protest fund to "sponsor" a fellow addick who would like to go but is on too tight a budget.

3. We will use this sponsorship money to pay the £25 fare for deserving fans.

4. Such sponsored places will be allocated subject to availability on the "there and back" same day coach(es). Note: This coach will not arrive back to SE7 until about 2am. It is not anticipated that sponsored places will be available on the two day options - as the cost of accommodation will preclude that possibility for people needing sponsorship.

5. Sponsored places will only be given to Charlton Life members for whom I can check posting history. This is simply to ensure that places are not taken by anyone who is anti-protest and is seeking to disrupt the protest arrangements. Sorry to sound a bit of dictator but my decision will be final - I'm looking after other people's money and will be very careful not to waste it.

6. I will take a £10 deposit from each person given a sponsored place, which I will hold and refund once hey have travelled/protested. This is to discourage "no-shows".

7. If we receive more money in sponsorship than there are places available, any residual balance will be put into the protest fund and help to offset the cost of the coaches.

8. Anyone wishing to apply for a sponsored place, please PM me. This will be strictly private and confidential.
    Are you a referee!
    Yellow card :wink:
  • Looking at cheap options to get there from France
  • Looking at cheap options to get there from France

Cycle?
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Essex_Al said:

Hold on, you're going the wrong way!

imageimage

Nope were off to set up early for the 2019 Champions League game away at Liege thanks to our wonderful leader, things have never been so good COYA!
    Apparently Madrid and Baku, Azerbaijan are in the mix for 2019 - good luck with that - my viamichelin won't even let me do it! TWWW to score a hatrick?
  • Did I imagine it or does the 2% gig have to be pre booked?

• Dansk_Red said:

Is the any truth in the rumor that RD is arranging Northampton game to be beamed live on a big screen in the main square of ST :smile:

I've heard that Roland has decided to attend his first game in 3 years, I understand he we actually be at the Northampton game:))
  • Davo55 said:

Many thanks to the Lifers who have donated £25 (and more in some cases) to sponsor a fellow addick to come o the trip.

As @Curb_It says above, please quote "Sponsorship" on the payment reference.

Now - the next part....

If you would like to come on the Unity Protest but are on a very tight budget, please do apply for a sponsored place.

You can do that, strictly privately, by sending me a PM. I will do a quick check of posting history to ensure we aren't using sponsor money to pay for someone who is strongly anti-protest to come along!

Of course, the sponsored place will be for the coach fare only - which suggests the "there and back same day" option. Anyone on a sponsored place going for the two days will still need to find and pay for their own accommodation.

What - no breakfast?
  • edited February 2017
    Onlyme said:

Dansk_Red said:

Is the any truth in the rumor that RD is arranging Northampton game to be beamed live on a big screen in the main square of ST :smile:

I've heard that Roland has decided to attend his first game in 3 years, I understand he we actually be at the Northampton game:))
    More chance of that than of him sitting in a window seat of a restaurant in Sint-Truiden.

The stupid idiot will probably leave the country but he's hoping to make it back for the last dance
  • Hope the DJ is up to scratch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nutz55 said:

Did I imagine it or does the 2% gig have to be pre booked?

If this is correct, where can you pre-book?
  • See above, not pre-booked
  • stonemuse said:

See above, not pre-booked

Cheers @stonemuse
  • Wouldn't want him to be sent home after two tracks because it wasn't danceable enough.
  • What's this 2 percent gig all about?
  • Saw the 2percent twice at the White Swan, very good SKA band.

Last time they trialled a couple more new tracks that were charlton focussed and I know they have more to play. Not heard all the new songs but what I have heard have been very good. Super catchy tunes with great lyrics we can all relate to.

If the last two times are anything to go by, there will be dancing.

Well I will be dancing anyway if my lad can stay up late enough....

• Roland loves to dance. Do you think that he will make a guest appearance?
  • Would love to see Roland, Katrien and Karl, with the rest of the SMT out for a decent interaction with the fans.

I won't be betting the house on it as I would expect many of them to be in Northampton.

Well some of them anyway.

I hope we win there and will be following even without @Redmidland. Maybe we can do a match thread for him.
  • edited February 2017
    Now there's an idea. A protest match thread.
  • I was wondering what would happen with this event should an announcement be made between now and the Belgium protest that RD has decided or has sold the cloob and/or KM has handed in her resignation. Does the protest go ahead but turn into a full scale party and the Belgium 20 take a box of Thornton's chocolates or Cadbury's whole nut to KM's parents as a thank you?
  • Sponsored links:

• It wouldn't be a blow would it!
  • I sent my info in and paid by paypal on Wednesday. I asked for acknowledgement yesterday but haven't heard from CARD since Wednesday. Is it just me or is this usual?
  • Sorry about that. Ive not been replying to any paypals because too many and I only go straight into the account, rather than read the emails. Mainly because I cant get gmail on my computer.

Another organiser asked me to send the names of people paid to start acknowledging so you will probably get one very shortly.

• Roland loves to dance. Do you think that he will make a guest appearance?

I have it on good authority that Roland is a very good dancer. Not as good as @Alwaysneil mind you....
  • But I've checked and cant see any emails from anyone asking.
    Can you inbox me your real name?
  • HarryLime said:

Solidgone said:

I was wondering what would happen with this event should an announcement be made between now and the Belgium protest that RD has decided or has sold the cloob and/or KM has handed in her resignation. Does the protest go ahead but turn into a full scale party and the Belgium 20 take a box of Thornton's chocolates or Cadbury's whole nut to KM's parents as a thank you?

Of course the protests will continue, they are all about getting Henry Irving's and Airman Brown's jobs back remember.
    Is this where I have to point out I've never been employed by the club and am not part of CARD?

Some people seem to struggle to understand simple facts (not you @HarryLime)
  • HarryLime said:

Solidgone said:

I was wondering what would happen with this event should an announcement be made between now and the Belgium protest that RD has decided or has sold the cloob and/or KM has handed in her resignation. Does the protest go ahead but turn into a full scale party and the Belgium 20 take a box of Thornton's chocolates or Cadbury's whole nut to KM's parents as a thank you?

Of course the protests will continue, they are all about getting Henry Irving's and Airman Brown's jobs back remember.
    Is this where I have to point out I've never been employed by the club and am not part of CARD?

I've been brainwashed, so I believe that you were employed by the club.
  • HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

Solidgone said:

I've been brainwashed, so I believe that you were employed by the club.
    You also still me £100, surely you remember that *brainwash, brainwash*
  • Belgium Buffet paid for , I suppose as it is a paid for buffet we don't have to worry about Sue Perks getting there first and hoovering it all up ?