Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Addickted said:

No nuts in Belgium beer.

Just stick to that.

They make so many different flavours - are you sure they don't do a nutty beer!
  • Canters - in all the times I've been to St Truiden I have not met one person who doesn't speak English.

Also, a slight complication to your cunning plan re Flemish and French is that ST are playing Eupen that night who come from the German speaking part of Belgium ! ( yes i didn't know either) - so just in case you come across a Eupen supporter in a Nurses outfit and you want her to grab hold of your nuts
  • Canters - in all the times I've been to St Truiden I have not met one person who doesn't speak English.

Also, a slight complication to your cunning plan re Flemish and French is that ST are playing Eupen that night who come from the German speaking part of Belgium ! ( yes i didn't know either) - so just in case you come across a Eupen supporter in a Nurses outfit and you want her to grab hold of your nuts

Hahaha think I'm gonna have to hire a multi lingual translator to make the trip with me! :p

Yes the bit of Germany the Belgians took after WW2.

More relevant they are owned by Aspire, the same people who own Paris SG.

So if you see any very rich looking Qateries be polite and suggest they might want to invest in Charlton.

Hahaha think I'm gonna have to hire a multi lingual translator to make the trip with me! :p
    Don't worry just say:
    Ich bin allergisch gegen Nüsse

and just to be on the safe side as the Romans used to say:
    Ego sum allergic ut nuces

Don't worry just say:
    Ich bin allergisch gegen Nüsse

and just to be on the safe side as the Romans used to say:
    Ego sum allergic ut nuces
    Amendment

Ich bin allergisch gegen Nusse, Roland aus

Or in Latin

Ego sum allergic ut, Roland ex
  • el-pietro said:

I'm a member/owner of Cork City, I was half tempted to get someone from City to send STTV an email asking for a comp ticket for me.

Is it a fan-owned club?

Yes, we took over in 2010.

Disappointed with the lack of cunnilingual jokes after this post.
  • This should be kept on page 1.

Any predictions for how many Addicks in Belgium on the 4th?
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

I'm struggling to find direct flights, I don't want to spend 8 hours getting there via Amsterdam :(

take a fast train direct from Schiphol when You land, they are pretty frequent.

• edited February 2017
    Surely there's room for one more @The_President

• Sint-Truiden are playing against Eupen on the evening of the protests.

For the benefit of those who'd like to attend the match, tickets should be freely available from a kiosk close to the Stayen Hotel.
  • Any idea on ticket prices and where best to sit?
  • edited February 2017
    Imagine the Valley, Stayen is remarkably similar from what I've seen.

The north stand is where their fans who like a bit of atmosphere sit. They are conducted by a guy with a megaphone which does add a bit of sound.

The east stand is where the hardcore fans who are getting a bit older tend to sit.

The west stand is where the corporates and pop in support sits, Roland will probably knock about there if he is in town.

After the game, the west stand night club opens up. Dance away until your heart's content.

Not sure about prices for the different stands.

I think if you want an east stand ticket you need a different vending booth, one round to the left of the stadium if you are looking from the Main Street.
  • I know from Protest Fund data who's signed up to go to the Unity Protest on the official coaches, but there's a lot who are going travelling independently.

What about a bit of a roll call - who's going, what form of transport, how many in your group?
  • Me and Roo will be going in the campervan taking a lot of the equipment for the 2percent.

We may have space for additional passengers but are not banking on it. 2 for us by Eurotunnel.
  • I'll be going courtesy of a lift from Addictedoldgit, hopefully with an extra special guest passenger!
  • Me and threadkiller by eurotunnel
  • Sponsored links:

• Me with my nephew with the ferry via Dunkirk.

The other five 2pc band members travelling separately but via same route.
  • Who's going by train?

Who's going by plane?

Who's going by car/van/lorry?

Anyone going by motorcycle?

Any cyclists in Lycra?

Hitchhikers?
  • Flying carpet!
  • I booked mine last night.

Coach and Hotel in Haslett paid up.
  • Son and I looking forward to this, will still be desperate for a win at Northampton but making our feelings known in St Truiden, coach places and hotel booked.
  • Two of us on the day coach
  • 3 by car on Le Shuttle
  • on the overnight coach, on my tod