Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Uboat said:

Just booked Hotel Yup in Hasselt.
    Wife not amused.
    As she's already pissed off I might as well travel in style on Eurostar.

Spaces available in our carriage
  • Can't wait to get onboard. Planning to bring sausage sandwiches for those on the SE7 coach. Who wants brown sauce? (Brown sauce is Chris Powell's preferred condiment according to his appearance on Danny Baker's sausage sandwich game)

Will there be a coach for Vegans?
    I will be on my vegan unicycle. I would have gone by coach but as it was £25 I would have had to have one of those fivers mentioned on another thread..... However, Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages are vegan :smiley:
    You probably thought the £25 was too expensive.
    Quite the opposite my chum. Joking aside, I think £25 is very cheap. A small price to pay to show what I think about the demise of my club.

I can't see why anyone who wants Roland out wouldn't take this opportunity to go. Going to Northampton is supporting the team -yes- but here is a one off chance to show our passion for the past and future of our club.

Change your mind about going to Northampton and I'll sponsor your coach seat.
    I'll buy you a beer too :smile:
  • edited February 2017

If there's room in the van after packing the band's gear, you can come in that @ElfsborgAddick. Stereo only has speakers in the front so if we don't want to be able to hear you we can just turn the volume up.

Thanks for the offer, but my beloved will not stand for this. I'm off to Prague for three nights on the 16th March.
  • jamescafc said:

Can't wait to get onboard. Planning to bring sausage sandwiches for those on the SE7 coach. Who wants brown sauce? (Brown sauce is Chris Powell's preferred condiment according to his appearance on Danny Baker's sausage sandwich game)

Will there be a coach for Vegans?
    I will be on my vegan unicycle. I would have gone by coach but as it was £25 I would have had to have one of those fivers mentioned on another thread..... However, Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages are vegan :smiley:
    You probably thought the £25 was too expensive.
    Quite the opposite my chum. Joking aside, I think £25 is very cheap. A small price to pay to show what I think about the demise of my club.

I can't see why anyone who wants Roland out wouldn't take this opportunity to go. Going to Northampton is supporting the team -yes- but here is a one off chance to show our passion for the past and future of our club.

Change your mind about going to Northampton and I'll sponsor your coach seat.
    I'll buy you a beer too :smile:
    Plural required in this sentence.
  • edited February 2017
    Uboat said:

So to get back to the roll call, I'm coming on the Eurostar with all my Charlton mates!

(Ticket for one, please.)

The Charlton Special to Sint-Trudien will be departing from:
    Platform 1, 4, 2......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n0g8S3aA0o
  • Looks brilliant Mutts - any discount for bulk purchase?
  • Uboat said:

While you're there, Davo, how do I book the buffet?

We haven't gone so far as to block-book the entire buffet car, at least not on the 09.15

:-)

• Sponsored links:

• Yes, for say 150cm x 100 cm we can do 5 of the same design (your preferred design text) for £100 exc VAT. Can quote for different permutations.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Davo55 said:

Wot, no one sky diving in yet??

I did look into hiring a Helicopter, but at £2.2k each way....... might be cheaper if I jump out, no landing fees, although not sure how I'd get back on to go home........
    Well you just jump back up to the Helicopter!!
  • edited February 2017

If there's room in the van after packing the band's gear, you can come in that @ElfsborgAddick. Stereo only has speakers in the front so if we don't want to be able to hear you we can just turn the volume up.

Thanks for the offer, but my beloved will not stand for this. I'm off to Prague for three nights on the 16th March.
    TBH Elfs it's a pretty poor excuse. The day trip coach is cheap. You'd be going on an away game anyway so your Mrs has already given you a pass, and you'd probably get back in a better state than she's used to considering you've got more time to sober up.
    Sod going by road, I'd need to stay overnight either way.

I'll give you the final comment though.........

I could always carry the WAR protest to Northampton, do you have any outfits?
  • would be nice if those going to Northampton could do some sort of protest to show solidarity with those of us in Belgium

Protests at the aways are a bit of a problem now.

Bolton and Wimbledon there was not a peep.

• Don't think I can get out of Northampton, so I'll get the protests going with you there, if you like, Elfs? (Unless you give in to the Belgian lure of @Arsenetatters - in which case, don't let me stop you!)
  • Don't think I can get out of Northampton, so I'll get the protests going with you there, if you like, Elfs? (Unless you give in to the Belgian lure of @Arsenetatters - in which case, don't let me stop you!)

Northampton it is, with or without costume.
  • cafcwill said:

Unfortunately, after planning the logistics, bribing baby sitters and finally convincing my partner to come, I won’t be able to attend the Unity Protest in Belgium. This is due to my partners health. She had meningitis at the back end of last year and it has wiped her out. The doctors say it will take a year for her to fully recover and she has her good days and bad days but as a result of this she doesn’t want to risk the long journey in case she gets rushed to hospital.

However I will have sponsored a place and have sent the money over this morning so someone else can help with the protest.

I'd still like to contribute in some form and make some banners for the protest. They won’t be as shiny as the printed ones but it will help get the message across. I have already emailed CARD about the bulk ones i plan to make for it (roughly 20+ banners). Some even in Belgian (if anyone knows Belgian/Flemish I'd be grateful for an message, as I want them to be as accurate as possible).

If anyone wants one making, DM me and we can discuss details etc. (look on my twitter @willbollcafc for idea of what they will look like)

Let me know about the banners

#WeWantOurCharltonBack

Will, we are def interested , i will PM you.
  • Sponsored links:

We'll have our own little mini "Solidarity with Unity" protest there, then. All starting to sound a bit Eastern European retro to me!

We'll have our own little mini "Solidarity with Unity" protest there, then. All starting to sound a bit Eastern European retro to me!
    Get the bedsheet sorted Weegie!

• A few going by train......this one's for you lot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2syR4On4xDI
  • Have designed a flag for the trip (see pdf) - If anybody wants to buy one:

100cm x 30 cm would be £25 exc vat
    150cm x 100cm would be £30 exc vat
    225cm x 150 cm would be £40 exc vat

Our flags fit perfectly well on all standard flag poles. The flag comes with a looped cord on the top left and a straight cord (thin rope) on the bottom left of the flag, which are sewn into the flag.

We can personalise with your own message too if you want.

Happy if anybody wants to use the design, even if they don't do through us.

I'll be at Northampton celebrating my youngest birthday - i've emailed supporter liaison at Northampton to see rules on flags/banners etc.........
  • Rob7Lee said:

Don't think I can get out of Northampton, so I'll get the protests going with you there, if you like, Elfs? (Unless you give in to the Belgian lure of @Arsenetatters - in which case, don't let me stop you!)

I'll be at Northampton celebrating my youngest birthday - i've emailed supporter liaison at Northampton to see rules on flags/banners etc.........
    Probably not many going by what Coventry did the other week.
  • Looking forward to this immensely. Roland Duchatelet, we're coming for you !!