Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Rob7Lee said:

WSS said:

sammy391 said:

The club are putting on free coaches to Northampton now , wonder why :sweat_smile:

And free breakfast!
    Whats all that about. Still, protest is working well already, so the club are having to pay the coaches and now free breakfast. I reckon sooner or later they'll be a raffle for a seat on the bench, sort of job share with RoJo, he never gets on either.
    I sense the hand of our highly paid PR gurus behind this. For not much outlay the club get to point to a few free coaches going up to Northampton as evidence they are engaging fully with supporters.
  • Rob7Lee said:

MrLargo said:

WSS said:

sammy391 said:

The club are putting on free coaches to Northampton now , wonder why :sweat_smile:

And free breakfast!
    What time are they serving breakfast? Can I stop off for the free breakfast on my way to the free buffet?
    Lol, do you have to buy a ticket to book a place on the coach & breakfast? They'd never be that silly I guess........ i'll check in the morning ;-)

Sadly I have a confession, i'm going to Northampton, but then i'd promised my youngest daughter at Christmas we'd go to Northampton as it's her Birthday.

On a brighter note thats one less tea totaller on the trip and i've just bunged £50 in the Protest fund.
    You're taking your daughter to watch Charlton on her birthday, blimey she must have been a naughty girl last year. I've never forgiven my Dad for indoctrinating me you know :wink:
  • No free coach, no free breakfast, but will be using train tickets booked weeks ago
  • RedChaser said:

Free breakfast? Mind you you'll need some sustenance if it's the usual 2 hours of pick ups in South East London and Kent. Well done the club :smirk:

Are CAST organising the coach travel!
  • So can we get a free breakfast at The Valley and then jump on the Unity coach to Belgium ?
  • RedPanda said:

Have those who sent the form & paid yesterday had a response...?

In a similar vein, has anyone had a response from TheBelgium20 regarding the Pre-Protest Buffet?

Yes to both, quality Charlton service.... oh wait a minute!! Just hoping to get to the buffet before @Addickted
    Don't you start.

Rather pleasant Italian just off the square will probably be getting our custom - @SoundAsa£ is too sophisticated to do a 'buffet'.

• RedPanda said:

In a similar vein, has anyone had a response from TheBelgium20 regarding the Pre-Protest Buffet?

All now sorted. Money paid and place at the buffet confirmed.

Looking forward to the food and drink and to meeting like-minded fans before the main event of the day.
  • RedChaser said:

Free breakfast? Mind you you'll need some sustenance if it's the usual 2 hours of pick ups in South East London and Kent. Well done the club :smirk:

Are CAST organising the coach travel!
    What makes you think I'm ITK about CAST's plans?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Yes to both, quality Charlton service.... oh wait a minute!! Just hoping to get to the buffet before @Addickted
    You won't get to the buffet before @Addickted but he'll never get to the bar that quick
    Always happy to get the first round in. It's the third round that's a problem as by then you are usually on the Kir Royal and gone all native.

• Be careful everyone, the Belgian beer seems to start at 5%, normally 7% and some 'special beers' anywhere up to 13%.

• edited February 2017
    Onlyme said:

Eurostar, Hotel, & now buffet all confirmed. Can't wait !!
    Well done to all involved in organising this.

Have to echo your comment. It must have taken weeks and months of preparation to get to where we are today. Very well done to everyone involved.
  • Be careful everyone, the Belgian beer seems to start at 5%, normally 7% and some 'special beers' anywhere up to 13%.

Some very special beers at the brewery.w

• Like the brewery, have to say the beers served by wim are in my experience better than anything I've drink at the brewery.
  • edited February 2017

So can we get a free breakfast at The Valley and then jump on the Unity coach to Belgium ?

Please tell me the coaches are going
    RedChaser said:

Rob7Lee said:

MrLargo said:

WSS said:

sammy391 said:

And free breakfast!
    What time are they serving breakfast? Can I stop off for the free breakfast on my way to the free buffet?
    Lol, do you have to buy a ticket to book a place on the coach & breakfast? They'd never be that silly I guess........ i'll check in the morning ;-)

Sadly I have a confession, i'm going to Northampton, but then i'd promised my youngest daughter at Christmas we'd go to Northampton as it's her Birthday.

On a brighter note thats one less tea totaller on the trip and i've just bunged £50 in the Protest fund.
    You're taking your daughter to watch Charlton on her birthday, blimey she must have been a naughty girl last year. I've never forgiven my Dad for indoctrinating me you know :wink:
    I've told her at Charlton there are up's and downs, she keeps asking when she'll see any of the up's...... I'm surprised i've not been reported to the NSPCC.....

In all seriousness, her Birthday list has 5 items on it, No 1 is "Northampton away tickets"........
  • Sorry, being slightly crap here but can someone responsible tell me what the Paypal details are if I want to sponsor the Belgium trip please?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm in.... coach and buffet ticket booked up
  • From the club's blurb promoting free travel to Northampton:

We know how important it is for fans to visit a new stadium

Really?

Most of them are surely, but in Belguim!

• Sorry, being slightly crap here but can someone responsible tell me what the Paypal details are if I want to sponsor the Belgium trip please?

Usual protest fund details M. But make sure you say you're sponsoring otherwise you're on that coach!

Protestfund@gmail.com

Please please tick you're sending a gift or else we lose a fee.

• Addickted said:

RedPanda said:

Don't you start.

Rather pleasant Italian just off the square will probably be getting our custom - @SoundAsa£ is too sophisticated to do a 'buffet'.

I'll hava da full Eeeenglish please Luigi!
  • From the club's blurb promoting free travel to Northampton:

We know how important it is for fans to visit a new stadium

Really?

I bet da cloooob do not offer unlimited coaches in line with the allocation.
  • Rob7Lee said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Posted this pic previously on an earlier thread. However no apologies for reposting, as the fantastic organisation for this trip has rightly been compared to a military operation.

My dad and comrades in a liberated Belgium 1944.

That a good pic, it shows a Warrant Officers/Sergeants Mess group and a mixture of cap badges Artillery, Argyle's, Cameron Highlanders, Black Watch, KOSB and Gloucester's
    Yes he was in the Royal Artillery. First as a regular -signed on for 6 years in April 1933. Demobbed April 1939 and then called up again on outbreak of war!
    Here's a page from his Service/pay book and a Record Card if it is of any help.

Thanks, couldn't see the regiment. Will double check but my grandfather was RA 8th from memory.
  • edited February 2017
    Slightly late to the party but what's the cheapest option still available for this?

I have deadlines for the Monday afterwards so might have to cancel on it last minute so would want to keep as cheap as possible?
  • Would love to have gone to this but I'm away most of March. Excellent idea and can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories.