Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Great news!
  • edited February 2017
    SX_Addick said:

I don’t imagine there are many Charlton supporters – if any - that are happy with the way the club is at the moment. But it seems that we all have different views on what action we, as supporters, should take to affect the situation. Some will carry on regardless, some will boycott or complain on social media, and others will actively protest. Everybody has a right to their views and take the action they see fit.

I was looking forward to seeing Charlton play at Northampton. It would have been my 131st ground following Charlton over many years. But as I’ve got older I’ve recognised that it’s not the number of grounds that I have been to that’s important, but more the experiences and memories that following Charlton have given me.

Saturday 4th March will be another new experience for me. It should have been at Northampton, but I’ll be driving to Belgium instead. Hopefully, if we stay up, I can go to Sixfields next year. Being with the group of supporters protesting in Belgium will be a different experience, and in the wider scheme of things far more important. Whether the protests are successful or not, I’ll have the memories of a weekend knowing I helped try to change the situation. It could be an ‘I was there’ moment if the owner does sell up.

I hope others feel the same and join the protests, foregoing the experience of Sixfields for those in Sint Truiden. It might help banish the memories of last night.

Well said mate. Those who do nothing when they can do something, however little, can't complain when nothing changes. Having been to St Truiden a couple of times before - supporting the team in pre-season, I can say there are worse places to go. As you said, you can always do Northmapton next year.
  • With best wishes from our mates down the road. I've just been sent this.

Ah,what a coincidence thats about.......
    Wednesday
    1.00/2.00 IT studies Feltham Young Offenders prison. ;)
  • SX_Addick said:

I don’t imagine there are many Charlton supporters – if any - that are happy with the way the club is at the moment. But it seems that we all have different views on what action we, as supporters, should take to affect the situation. Some will carry on regardless, some will boycott or complain on social media, and others will actively protest. Everybody has a right to their views and take the action they see fit.

I was looking forward to seeing Charlton play at Northampton. It would have been my 131st ground following Charlton over many years. But as I’ve got older I’ve recognised that it’s not the number of grounds that I have been to that’s important, but more the experiences and memories that following Charlton have given me.

Saturday 4th March will be another new experience for me. It should have been at Northampton, but I’ll be driving to Belgium instead. Hopefully, if we stay up, I can go to Sixfields next year. Being with the group of supporters protesting in Belgium will be a different experience, and in the wider scheme of things far more important. Whether the protests are successful or not, I’ll have the memories of a weekend knowing I helped try to change the situation. It could be an ‘I was there’ moment if the owner does sell up.

I hope others feel the same and join the protests, foregoing the experience of Sixfields for those in Sint Truiden. It might help banish the memories of last night.

Ditto, except I'll be on a coach.
  • Sponsored links:

• new song for the lads in Belgium. (I presume they speak French there)

Nous sommes St Truiden et nous Ne pas putain de Danse

You're going to have to learn that in Dutch......

You wont get very far speaking French in St Truiden i'm afraid - a bit like walking into a Glasgow booza speaking in your best Oxbridge accent.
  • Another comment from STVV forum..

"Hopefully penetrates the message that we are a football club and not a dance hall ..."

I'm not too keen on any penetrating on the trip if I'm honest...

"Hopefully penetrates the message that we are a football club and not a dance hall ..."

Canters, you're back !
    Did you see we're trying to get Billy the Barmy Army trumpeter to come ? Apparently, he's an Addick.
  • Davo55 said:

new song for the lads in Belgium. (I presume they speak French there)

You're going to have to learn that in Dutch......
    Ah screw it, Stupid country anyway with all their multilingual people.

new song for the lads in Belgium. (I presume they speak French there)

No disrespect, your french could do with a bit of brushing up.

Translation into (despised) french would have been : Nous ne sommes pas une salle de danse, nous sommes Saint Trond!

In this case, the word putain is the translation of fcking.

Oh, unfortunately as pointed out earlier, Sint Truiden is in the Flemish part of the country and the language is virtually indistinguishable (in the writen form although there is a dialect on spoken form) from Dutch.

Travellers interested in speaking the local languahe should brush on the Dutch rather than the French language options.

Here is a basic example (google not local translate)

We are Sint Truiden and we do not like this dance.

we zijn Sint Truiden en we houden niet van deze dans

Easy.
  • edited February 2017

Another comment from STVV forum..

Canters, you're back !
    Did you see we're trying to get Billy the Barmy Army trumpeter to come ? Apparently, he's an Addick.
    Just seen! It's a brilliant idea! Hope he comes along. Should get the drummer to come too. Let's go full salvation army on Roland! :p
  • Sponsored links:

• If anyone is driving to ST and can potentially take a few extras with them, can you please PM me
  • jamescafc said:

If anyone is driving to ST and can potentially take a few extras with them, can you please PM me

@Alex Wright

Canters, you're back !
    Just seen! It's a brilliant idea! Hope he comes along. Should get the drummer to come too. Let's go full salvation army on Roland! :p
    We've already got a few drummers coming.
  • edited February 2017
    Will you be able to get Fosters over there?
  • seth plum said:

This is the banner I shall be taking to Sint Truiden:

Wot? No Singing Nun?
  • Would be good to see Floyd and Harvey make the trip if they can break out of their prison cells!
  • seth plum said:

This is the banner I shall be taking to Sint Truiden:

I'm not so sure Hergè was such a "good man"...
  • So Dutch is the most common language in Sint Truiden? Need to know for the banners i'm doing tonight. Also anyone good with Dutch?
  • cafcwill said:

So Dutch is the most common language in Sint Truiden? Need to know for the banners i'm doing tonight. Also anyone good with Dutch?

ask WeegieAddick