Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• I should really get my deposit and and get booked now.

I will do Day trip coach unless somebody has a room in ST that will go unused (due to their change of plans etc.). Please PM me if you have/may soon have such a room.

Cheers

Ps. Is there a deadline for sign up?

Siv,check out cafcwill's earlier post re spare room at Belrom hotel.
  • I saw somebody already jump on that. Will enquire anyway
  • I saw somebody already jump on that. Will enquire anyway

Or else PM @jamescafc .
  • One thing to be aware of is that there is no ATM at Stayen ground complex (unless its been recently installed) ,the closest is at the station, a good 10 minute walk away - and certainly when i was there the first time, many sections of the ground didnt accept card payment - therefore make sure you have some Euros with you for the march.
  • edited February 2017
    Any idea how many plan to go to the ST game?
  • Uboat said:

Any idea how many plan to go to the ST game?

dunno but I'm still undecided. If there is to be a lot of anti Roland chanting it would be worth giving him a few of my Euros to participate, if not I won't bother.
  • T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Looks like a hotel in Hasselt the best option? Looks like Sint Tuiden is banged out for some reason ;-))

I found a b&b in Gingelom (sp) that had rooms yesterday when I booked. Might be worth a shout. info@regalys.be
    wish I'd read that five mins ago. Just booked Holiday Inn Express in Hasselt so not too bad.

Rooms there look very romantic TCE - hope you and Prague have a nice weekend away ;-))
    Im no longer in the same hotel as Prague, I got a phone call saturday night to say they'd double booked my room (Truth be known, I think Prague had me slung out.) ;) Although it didn't take me long, Im hoping @3blokes is joining me at my new location. I'll take my Barry Manilow LP along just incase he does. ;)
    A twin room in Gingelom (sp) about 5 miles away from Sint Truiden will be available as soon as they confirm my cancellation. Nice romantic location, floral bed linen etc. (3blokes had a better offer) truth be known I think my new friends in Se9 have marked his card. Lol
  • Don't forget to make your protest banner. If you need some advice on how to go about it you might want to take some inspiration from Malevich. So why not pop into the Royal Academy and see the Revolution exhibition and then check out their website
  • Sponsored links:

• What a fantastic link.

• The Club's counter protest in Northampton seems to be going well.

"Meanwhile, more than 1,000 tickets have been sold for next month’s trip to Northampton Town."
  • No application for demonstration against Roland Duchâtelet

"There is no official request yet," said Chief Constable Steve Provost. "We also note that is organized on the Facebook profile CARD anything, but officially there is still nothing. Only when an official request, we will assess whether we can guarantee safety. "

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20170220_02740254/nog-geen-aanvraag-voor-betoging-tegen-roland-duchatelet

• Het Belang van Limburg
    Vandaag om 03:00
    Stadsbestuur en politie geven groen licht voor betoging tegen Duchâtelet
    Vandaag om 03:00

SINT-TRUIDEN - Een 200-tal fans van Charlton zakken op zaterdag 4 maart naar Sint-Truiden af om te protesteren tegen het beleid van clubeigenaar Roland Duchâtelet. Burgemeester van Sint-Truiden Veerle Heeren en korpschef Steve Provost hebben de Coalition Against Roland Duchâtelet (CARD) onder strikte voorwaarden de toelating gegeven om een vreedzame betoging te organiseren.
    “De verzamelplaats bevindt zich op de Veemarkt. Van daaruit gaat het naar het station via het Stationsplein tot aan de brug op de Tiensesteenweg/Fabriekstraat. Ze krijgen geen toelating om voor het stadion te demonstreren”, aldus burgemeester Heeren.Sint-Truiden

I have tidied up the rough Google translation to read as follows:

Het Beland van Limburg(newspaper)
    Today (ie Tuesday 21st Feb 03.00 am)

City council and the police give the green light to rally against Duchâtelet
    Around 200 Charlton fans are to to protest against the policies of club owner Roland Duchâtelet in Sint Truiden on Saturday 4 March. Mayor of Sint-Truiden (Veerle Heeren) and Police Chief (Steve Provost) state that the Coalition Against Roland Duchâtelet (CARD) have been permission to organize a peaceful demonstration, but under strict conditions
    "The meeting is on the Cattle Market. From there it goes to the station and from the Station to the bridge on the Tiensesteenweg / Fabriekstraat. They have no permission to demonstrate in front of the stadium, "said Mayor Heeren.
  • edited February 2017
    Then includes a Duchatelet quote saying the same old rubbish about bitter ex employees...
  • "It is a few hot heads who previously worked directly or indirectly for the club and who were shown the door due to their rebellious and rowdy attitude. They also don't like the fact that I give Katrien Meire my support. The decision and consequences for the demonstration lie at the feet of the mayor and police chief."
  • Interesting to note that the police chief must have been working night shift and that CARD were too, given the complete rewrite from the original article....
  • Roland in veiled threats to the Mayor and the Chief of Police (who I assume are his mates)?
    'consequences'
  • Sponsored links:

• "It is a few hot heads who previously worked directly or indirectly for the club and who were shown the door due to their rebellious and rowdy attitude. They also don't like the fact that I give Katrien Meire my support. The decision and consequences for the demonstration lie at the feet of the mayor and police chief."

What a complete arrrrs that man is
  • I think this calls for a few banners for the protest.. "We are all bitter ex-employees"
  • Mayor Veerle Heeren is indeed one of his buddies, don't know about the cheif of Police though
  • Snippets from their announcement: (Translated)

Who are we and what do we want?

We also request that Duchâtelet undertakes:
    To make the football really competitive on the field
    to express a healthy ambition for the club to pursue sporting successes
    If Duchâtelet can not undertake here, we ask that he is actively looking for a suitable buyer for the club, which will give us the opportunity to grow and be successful.

Sounds familiar doesn't it!

• I think this calls for a few banners for the protest.. "We are all bitter ex-employees"

Or ones saying "I've never worked for CAFC in my life"

Or ones saying "I've never worked for CAFC in my life"
    Yes, the Belgians don't get irony!
  • How about :

Rowdy & Rebellious but never a CAFC Employee.
  • bloke's an arse, trotting out the same old shit. Giving Meire your support just shows how out of touch you are with reality.