Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• cafcwill said:

So Dutch is the most common language in Sint Truiden? Need to know for the banners i'm doing tonight. Also anyone good with Dutch?

@Lewis Coaches is your man
  • cafcwill said:

So Dutch is the most common language in Sint Truiden? Need to know for the banners i'm doing tonight. Also anyone good with Dutch?

I wouldn't make any banners in a language that you aren't familiar with unless the wording is checked by someone that is - Google translate wont help you avoid a "Ich bin ein Berliner" moment !
  • Its getting close !

10 day weather forecast now slipped in this morning for next Saturday, and shows a very small chance of rain - highs of 55 and lows of 42 - sounds like perfect protesting weather...

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/BEXX0406:1:BE
  • They all speak English very well.
  • edited February 2017

They all speak English very well.

well tell them that the chant roughly translates as We are St Truiden and we don't fucking dance!
  • Herge was a complicated character to understand in the context of today and definitely a man of his time - but Tintin was a great creation and Asterix and Tintin were my treats as a child. I'll defend him to the hilt!
  • Without the aid of the estimable Muttley I wouldn't have a banner to take.
    Doffs cap.
  • It is going to be nearly 7.5 ft wide and 5 ft tall so should be noticeable!
  • It is going to be nearly 7.5 ft wide and 5 ft tall so should be noticeable!

Ahaa so we're having a ' mine is bigger than yours ' competition!.... Actually guessing ours might be identical to yours.
  • Sponsored links:

• My flag says "We want our Charlton back". Do I need to translate that or will RD understand do you think?
  • I have my st George's flag with Roland Out written on it in marker pen.

I'd quite like something that says

'Our club, not yours'

• Il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace et toujours de l'audace !!

(Good enough for Gen Patton ....)

• My flag says "We want our Charlton back". Do I need to translate that or will RD understand do you think?

I think he should get the gist.
  • ' ROLAND OUT ' merchandise is still available , zip up hoodies available in all sizes including kids. Also pin badges but hats have sold out. We also have a limited number of protest shirts still available. To order visit www.coveredendchoir.co.uk. Orders will be dispatched same day if ordered before 2pm.
    Two of us on the Ebbsfleet coach staying at ' The Yup ' Hassalt.
  • edited February 2017
    As mentioned on Billy thread, Billy the Barmy Army Trumpeter sent a message yesterday saying he wont be able to make next Saturday, but wishes us the best in 'getting that lot out'.

Real pity.
  • Hoya... what's the deadline for sign up? Thanks
  • Forgot to mention , every penny from the sale of the Roland Out merchandise goes straight to the protest fund after paypal fees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hoya... what's the deadline for sign up? Thanks

Thought youd already sorted yourself out Siv ? - cmon get your backside in gear !

There's no deadline mate - however, if you want coach/hotel/buffet then you might want to get your skates on.
  • More from STVV.. (not sure about the phew,phew, Badger bit - but i'm sure you get the gist.)....

"A little empathy and goodwill RD, a little bit, instead of the cool refrigerator ...
    Then there is no problem, no nagging, and no nagging ...
    That can be really not an insurmountable problem ...

THE question that continues to occupy me: what inspires the man still on his 70th?
    It is yet to run against the wall with your head, let's be honest ...
    How can you now so exist? Phew phew phew, badger really about as a club owner, come say !!! "
  • Mametz said:

More from STVV.. (not sure about the phew,phew, Badger bit - but i'm sure you get the gist.)....

"A little empathy and goodwill RD, a little bit, instead of the cool refrigerator ...

THE question that continues to occupy me: what inspires the man still on his 70th?
    How can you now so exist? Phew phew phew, badger really about as a club owner, come say !!! "

Does Professor Stanley Unwin write their stuff?
    Had to google him, but...yesssssss, clearly he does. !
  • Mametz said:

More from STVV.. (not sure about the phew,phew, Badger bit - but i'm sure you get the gist.)....

You had to google him?

Shame on you.
  • Anyone interested in a ' KM WRONG UN ' t-shirt inbox me. Available in M , L and XL , £12.95 inc p&p.

That's fantastic!
  • Mametz said:

You had to google him?

Shame on you.
    Yep mate, one of those situations where as soon as you saw the face, then bingo, of course!