Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Sacked (pg 1)/De Boer Sacked (pg 25)

Comments

• Options
    Palace will get out of it.

Anyone know if there are odds on them staying up?

I am prepared to bet on this in the hope that I keep up my usual losing record when i actually bet hard cash. Take one for the team and all that.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

There is no evidence whatsoever to support the notion that they have "good players" who can get them out of it. We've got over a year's worth of results that completely undermine that. Their "best players" are all rejects from clubs who thought they weren't good team players, some of whom were relegated with previous clubs!

It's hard to be objective cos I hate them so much, but I think if I was being objective is have to say, Palace and Sunderland look utterly fucked.

I really hope so mate, but if I had to pick now I'd go with Hull, Leicester and Sunderland.
    Allardyce to do what he does.
    As Fortune82nd says, the bugger is that they have three key battles at home, and sooner or later they're gonna win one.

I read some comments from Hull players and they really believe in the new manager. He's got them properly drilled, so I have faith that they're on the up. It's funny to see Silva doing so well after the way Merson and co. spoke about him too.

But we badly need Bournemouth and Leicester to wake up.

• Options
    Even if they win all four of 'Boro home, Watford home, Leicester home and Hull home, they'll still need some points from elsewhere, and I don't think they will win all four of those matches, although no doubt they'll pick up a couple of unexpected results elsewhere.

My head still says they'll get out of it, but my head also says that they're in deep, deep trouble and they'll need points or results to go in their favour on the last day of the season.

Obviously my heart says that they won't win another game all season and that The Sun is just waiting for the right moment to release a selection of kiss and tell photos of Big Sam and Pardew enjoying a sordid orgy with Jo Brand and Eddie Izzard.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

There is no evidence whatsoever to support the notion that they have "good players" who can get them out of it. We've got over a year's worth of results that completely undermine that. Their "best players" are all rejects from clubs who thought they weren't good team players, some of whom were relegated with previous clubs!

It's hard to be objective cos I hate them so much, but I think if I was being objective is have to say, Palace and Sunderland look utterly fucked.

I really hope so mate, but if I had to pick now I'd go with Hull, Leicester and Sunderland.
    Allardyce to do what he does.
    As Fortune82nd says, the bugger is that they have three key battles at home, and sooner or later they're gonna win one.

I read some comments from Hull players and they really believe in the new manager. He's got them properly drilled, so I have faith that they're on the up. It's funny to see Silva doing so well after the way Merson and co. spoke about him too.

But we badly need Bournemouth and Leicester to wake up.

They've been shite at home though.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Even if they win all four of 'Boro home, Watford home, Leicester home and Hull home, they'll still need some points from elsewhere, and I don't think they will win all four of those matches, although no doubt they'll pick up a couple of unexpected results elsewhere.

My head still says they'll get out of it, but my head also says that they're in deep, deep trouble and they'll need points or results to go in their favour on the last day of the season.

Obviously my heart says that they won't win another game all season and that The Sun is just waiting for the right moment to release a selection of kiss and tell photos of Big Sam and Pardew enjoying a sordid orgy with Jo Brand and Eddie Izzard.

While it would be fun to see Palace lose every match between now and the end of the season, it would far more satisfying to see them relegated on the last day a la Jonathan Fortune, and going down by 1 point!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Whether they go down or not this season will still be a massive anti-climax for them. When they signed Bentekke for 32 mill they was all gloating and one palace acquaintance was talking about "top ten easy". To be fair the happy clappy ****'s are made for the premier league. But they're Against Modern Football don't you know? Lol

Just been reading through this thread. 32 million for that Belgian joke!. (Not the first) they deserve to go down just for that. If you were neutral which we're not but if you were it reminds me of Aston villa chucking money to try and stop their demise this season. That's why I was so happy to see Ipswich beat them last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whether they go down or not this season will still be a massive anti-climax for them. When they signed Bentekke for 32 mill they was all gloating and one palace acquaintance was talking about "top ten easy". To be fair the happy clappy ****'s are made for the premier league. But they're Against Modern Football don't you know? Lol

Just been reading through this thread. 32 million for that Belgian joke!. (Not the first) they deserve to go down just for that. If you were neutral which we're not but if you were it reminds me of Aston villa chucking money to try and stop their demise this season. That's why I was so happy to see Ipswich beat them last week.
    The strange thing is, that you'd have thought Big Sam would have been the perfect manager to exploit Benteke's aerial ability, yet other than one match when he looked really good, they've been really poor up front.
  • Options
    B@llocks I want them relegated as soon as possible.
    Keep thinking they will get out of it but then I think where.
    Give them 6 wins . 5 at home and 1 away puts them on 37 they would only need to lose to someone like Leicester or Boro and they would be 5 or 6 points behind them as it is.
    Most of the teams around them also have to play each other, for Bournemouth to be dragged in they would mean them dropping points to teams around palace.
    Just hope there are not many draws when the others play each other.
  • Options
    They be fooked i tell you
    Big Sam has inherited a squad totally wrong for how he likes to play.
    Plus he is a broken man following his England disgrace.
    To many of his key players are underperforming and they ARE going down.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

While it would be fun to see Palace lose every match between now and the end of the season, it would far more satisfying to see them relegated on the last day a la Jonathan Fortune, and going down by 1 point!
    On goal difference - celebratory scenes on the pitch at Selhurst at the full time whistle followed by the shock news that Sunderland have scored a crucial third goal in the 9th ninth minute of stoppage time after the referee slipped over and accidentally smashed it into the top corner.
    Nah - I want them to stay up by two clear points.

Then have a three point deduction for fielding an ineligible player two weeks later whilst they are all on their holidays celebrating.

Sounds good but would mean no last day Sky TV camera panning a of crying Nigel's which would be a shame.
  • Options
    They dived their way into that division, they can plunge back out of it!

Have I told anyone that I hate the jammy stripey pajama wearing plastic sparkly turds?
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut7Zd8o6vBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjlxdBp8tiA

hadnt watched either of these for a while always worth a chuckle
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the Alan Sugar, 'You're Fired!' Brilliant!
  • Options
    Good start to the day with Bournemouth getting a point at moan utd
  • Options
    Both Swansea and Hull winning... Making another bit of a gap for Palace to try and close again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Both Swansea and Hull winning... Making another bit of a gap for Palace to try and close again

Now both games are tied. Don't really know who it would be best to win in the Leicester/Hull game.
  • Options
    Palace 2 nil up, they're staying up im afraid.
  • Options
    Palace are only 3 pts outside the relegation zone. They have 11 games to play including Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.

Far from over.
  • Options
    I had this as West Brom banker, definitely a bonus 3 points for them :-(
  • Options
    west brom lost blew my acca which was annoying coupled with that mobs 13th penalty of the season #WHENITRAINSITFUCKINGPOURS
  • Options
    Have faith. They will win a couple, no more!

Believe.
  • Options
    Will be confirmed as Norwich manager in next 48 hours. Delia's husband better keep an eye on him.
  • Options

Will be confirmed as Norwich manager in next 48 hours. Delia's husband better keep an eye on him.

Please tell me you are joking that he is being confirmed as Norwich manager.
  • Options

Na he's holding out for the PSG job..