Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Sacked (pg 1)/De Boer Sacked (pg 25)

Comments

• Options
    Another easier game chalked off for Palace and still they remain in the relegation zone. I have to admit I thought they would be outside of it by now building a small cushion for themselves before they face Spurs at home the beginning of there fixtures taking a turn for the worst.

If they've not escaped the relegation zone by the time they face Spurs it's going to take something special to keep them up. They may seem to good to go down but West Ham 2003 were far better and they went down.

• Options
    cabbles said:

Went into the dons bar after the game as I have a close friend who is a Wimbledon fan. Speaking to a couple of his mates who said they were are a guardian football podcast back in Dec. They were saying some pretty slanderous things about Pardew's shagging exploits whilst at Palace. Wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons it all went so badly

You can't leave it like that!
  • Options

cabbles said:

Went into the dons bar after the game as I have a close friend who is a Wimbledon fan. Speaking to a couple of his mates who said they were are a guardian football podcast back in Dec. They were saying some pretty slanderous things about Pardew's shagging exploits whilst at Palace. Wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the reasons it all went so badly

CL doesn't have the capacity for a War And Peace type account - especially if all those other alleged goings on at his previous clubs are recounted too!
  • Options

cabbles said:

Just excessive shagging
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Just excessive shagging
    How much is excessive?
    Twice a week is enough for me so anything more is excessive
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Just excessive shagging
    With himself?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Just excessive shagging
    I don't believe there is such thing
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Not just at palace........... allegedly
  • Options
    garfield said:

cabbles said:

Yup, allegedly at Southampton, West Ham, us and Newcastle.

Oh, Dulwich and Sutton too... allegedly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

garfield said:

cabbles said:

Yup, allegedly at Southampton, West Ham, us and Newcastle.

Oh, Dulwich and Sutton too... allegedly.
    What about Reading ?!
  • Options
    Their last two home games are huge.
  • Options
    Still reckon they will get out of it. Their better players will click in enough games to get through. 19 points from 25 games yet only 2 points from safety shows there are some seriously shit teams in the PL this year.
  • Options
    Well he is a prize prick and a total c*** so it could be that he is shagging himself.
  • Options
    Odds on to go down now ...
    Still think there's enough guff down there for their decent players to wake up at some point and drag em away from it
  • Options

Still think there's enough guff down there for their decent players to wake up at some point and drag em away from it

I think that's the issue - sometimes players think they are too good to go down but don't actually do anything about it until it's too late. Which it why Clubs in that situation are better with an overall less talented but unified squad (Burnley for example) than a more gifted bunch of individuals such as at Palace. It's probably the same reason why Arsenal haven't won the PL recently.

Equally, you do need big characters who are going to galvanise the team. Where, nowadays at Arsenal for example, are the characters such as Adams or Veira who are going to grab the "shirkers" by the throat at half time when things aren't going to plan?
  • Options

I think that's the issue - sometimes players think they are too good to go down but don't actually do anything about it until it's too late. Which it why Clubs in that situation are better with an overall less talented but unified squad (Burnley for example) than a more gifted bunch of individuals such as at Palace. It's probably the same reason why Arsenal haven't won the PL recently.

Equally, you do need big characters who are going to galvanise the team. Where, nowadays at Arsenal for example, are the characters such as Adams or Veira who are going to grab the "shirkers" by the throat at half time when things aren't going to plan?
    The players you'd class as their better players (Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye etc) don't need to worry too much anyway as they'll quite likely find other clubs if they went down.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    There is no evidence whatsoever to support the notion that they have "good players" who can get them out of it. We've got over a year's worth of results that completely undermine that. Their "best players" are all rejects from clubs who thought they weren't good team players, some of whom were relegated with previous clubs!

It's hard to be objective cos I hate them so much, but I think if I was being objective is have to say, Palace and Sunderland look utterly fucked.
  • Options
    Yes - Swansea 1 up. Think it will be best if they win this game, allowing them to move 5 points clear of Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now 2-0 to Swansea.
  • Options

Yes - Swansea 1 up. Think it will be best if they win this game, allowing them to move 5 points clear of Palace.

Yes, one team at a time. First Boro, now Swansea then hopefully Leicester next time to all pull at least 3 points clear of Palace with superior GD with the idea being that not even a win being enough for Palace to move out of the relegation zone. Once this happens it gets extremely difficult to get out of it. I said after they beat Bournemouth they won but they didn't get out of the bottom 3 and they're still in it since.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

There is no evidence whatsoever to support the notion that they have "good players" who can get them out of it. We've got over a year's worth of results that completely undermine that. Their "best players" are all rejects from clubs who thought they weren't good team players, some of whom were relegated with previous clubs!

It's hard to be objective cos I hate them so much, but I think if I was being objective is have to say, Palace and Sunderland look utterly fucked.

I really hope so mate, but if I had to pick now I'd go with Hull, Leicester and Sunderland.
    Allardyce to do what he does.
  • Options
    Yep need one team to win these games please no draws
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I really hope so mate, but if I had to pick now I'd go with Hull, Leicester and Sunderland.
    Allardyce to do what he does.
    Sadly tend to agree with you. But that new Hull manager has come in and got them playing a bit and they might just have enough about them to pick up some points.

That said, unfortunately, Middlesbro' , Leicester and Hull all still to go to Sellout.
  • Options
    Leicester look appalling and are in big, big trouble
  • Options
    I bet Vardy is well pleased he turned down Arsenal now.
  • Options
    Boro will draw their way to safety. Hull have the easiest run in and despite yesterday's result seem to be playing with a bit of belief. Swansea, Bournemouth both have too much about them. Leicester are imploding (will be interesting to see how we'll do against them on Saturday and what side they'll put out). I'm going Sunderland, Leicester palace bottom three in that order.
  • Options
    I still think Bournemouth will be dragged into it, as they're defence is hopeless at the moment, and they can't grind out results.