Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Robinson get?

Comments

• Options
    After 5 games we have scored 2 goals, only 1 in the league and that looked a touch fortunate, (offside maybe?). There is something clearly not right with the setup of the team, they are collectively better than average for this division. Last night was awful, beaten by a team that isn't blessed with lashings of talent but never stopped trying.
    I don't much about football coaching, I'm only a life long customer. Its probably best if these difficult tactical decisions are left to our Dear leader. I would imagine his live last night didn't make for good viewing and his finger was hovering over the panic button once again.
  • Options
    I don't buy this KR not doing the team work and that its all Barker. Barker has managed himself and wouldn't follow Robinson if he didn't respect and want to work with him again.

KR inherited a demoralised inadequate squad with problems on the playing side and club in general.

It ridiculous that we should be talking about him going. Give him the support in the transfer window and I think he will slowly turn it around.

The club is a footballing joke and us fans are rapidly following suit with nonsense like this.
  • Options

I don't buy this KR not doing the team work and that its all Barker. Barker has managed himself and wouldn't follow Robinson if he didn't respect and want to work with him again.

KR inherited a demoralised inadequate squad with problems on the playing side and club in general.

It ridiculous that we should be talking about him going. Give him the support in the transfer window and I think he will slowly turn it around.

The club is a footballing joke and us fans are rapidly following suit with nonsense like this.

we'll never know why Nugent wasn't appointed, I have written elsewhere that he should have been 'begged' to take the job .. during his brief tenure, Nugent had the team in good fettle, it was Robinson's appointment that saw a decline in morale .. I am sure the players did not want him, they wanted Nugent .. a good manager should not keep on about 'who he needs to bring in', he should be capable of wringing a performance from a group of professionals .. so far Robinson has not done that, and I doubt that he ever will truly tap the potential in this half decent squad of players
  • Options

we'll never know why Nugent wasn't appointed, I have written elsewhere that he should have been 'begged' to take the job .. during his brief tenure, Nugent had the team in good fettle, it was Robinson's appointment that saw a decline in morale .. I am sure the players did not want him, they wanted Nugent .. a good manager should not keep on about 'who he needs to bring in', he should be capable of wringing a performance from a group of professionals .. so far Robinson has not done that, and I doubt that he ever will truly tap the potential in this half decent squad of players
    The little matter that Nugent said he didn't want the job might impact on this.

• Options
    Maybe a few months in post both him and Slade realised what they were up against with these people? All the begging in the world wouldn't persuade me to work for people like this.
  • Options

no points from the next three will see us about 10-12 points from the play offs at which point RD decides to write this season off and not waste money strengthening in January. We limp along until end February when we are about five points from relegation at which point RD ditches KR and parachutes in COL. It's written in the stars.

Really can't see them backing KR sufficiently for a play off push. They will sell whomever they get an offer for and replace them with others in the mould of Crofts and Foley.

Welcome to the madhouse Karl, it's your own fault though.

this! playoffs was a minimum for this season, now i dont think weve got a chance unless we seriously make some purchases in the transfer market.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

indeed.. my point is that every effort should have been made to change his mind .. I doubt that was the case.. did Nugent say this knowing that he was not in the frame ? .. who knows .. my point is valid, morale has nosedived since Robinson's arrival
  • Options

no points from the next three will see us about 10-12 points from the play offs at which point RD decides to write this season off and not waste money strengthening in January. We limp along until end February when we are about five points from relegation at which point RD ditches KR and parachutes in COL. It's written in the stars.

Really can't see them backing KR sufficiently for a play off push. They will sell whomever they get an offer for and replace them with others in the mould of Crofts and Foley.

Welcome to the madhouse Karl, it's your own fault though.

this! playoffs was a minimum for this season, now i dont think weve got a chance unless we seriously make some purchases in the transfer market.
    Bolton (1-1) | Bradford (0-0) | Rochdale (0-1) | Peterborough (0-2)

Having seen three of the matches we've played against the current Play-Off teams we dont stand a chance of winning them... Finish around 10th this season and we can get longer to concentrate on fighting off relegation next season!!
  • Options
    And someone needs to explain to him that pleading the 5th is about

The question is why didn't he want the job?

REgardless when Robinson took over we'd lost on in about 13 and had just got 7 points from a possible 9. The team was on an up.
  • Options
    The blokes a chancer, as another person said 'a poor mans Pardew'
    A quote from the article above

"I don’t see any signs of improvement at the moment."

Er Karl, that is what you have been brought in to do, improve us, you know, make us better, maybe win a game of football.

Sack him.
  • Options

indeed.. my point is that every effort should have been made to change his mind .. I doubt that was the case.. did Nugent say this knowing that he was not in the frame ? .. who knows .. my point is valid, morale has nosedived since Robinson's arrival

And someone needs to explain to him that pleading the 5th is about

The question is why didn't he want the job?

REgardless when Robinson took over we'd lost on in about 13 and had just got 7 points from a possible 9. The team was on an up.
    Well of course we' ll never know why he didn't want the job but we also don't know how much effort went into trying to persuade him.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    He should be given the season without any real consideration unless it all goes proper Fraeye-style wrong, and if you were trying to detach your emotions from it all, he should not be judged on his time so far.

However (and this is coming from someone who rated him at MK Dons).....

All I have observed so far since his arrival is....

- He is a blagger. Behind all the bubbly positive energy and desire to be in front of a camera, its just soundbyte words to impress from someone with a high confidence base that have so far shown zero evidence of any positive follow-through

- Player performances have regressed since arrival. Yes there are injuries, but we are not playing (from what people say) as well as we were during Nugent's little run. Everything is smacking (AGAIN!) of 'unhappy camp' and no pick up under a new management / coaching team

- Players are frequently playing out of their best position, and constant shift in tactics seems to be achieving nothing other than confusing ourselves.

This is not a squad Robinson put together but its ringing a few alarm bells how little of a positive uplift he is getting from them. The only real forward is the club giving him backing to make a huge amount of changes in January over the next 8 months, starting in January.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

KR inherited a demoralised inadequate squad with problems on the playing side
    and club in general.

Did he? "Inadequate" I'll agree. I don't think Slade was great but he had done some basic things right. So far things have got sharply worse since Robinson arrived. He could easily go his first seven games without a win - entering Parkinson 2008 territory.
  • Options
    End of January unless he pick up some wins
  • Options
    Robinson has clearly bought in to the Roland philosophy which I am not sure Slade entirely did which seemed to hamper him pre season. I am sure there was more to his sacking than just results. Sure when there is little respect for a manager from his employer it must have a knock on effect on morale among players. Robinson is in my opinion just a puppet! Roland must think were stupid!!! Wait err ...... :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

He needs to shut up and sort it out. In the last two games, his lack of tactical nous has been exposed. He is coming across as a show-pony with nothing to back it up. It wouldn't have taken long for the dressing room to think WTF is he talking about? I get the impression that Barker does all the team work and he picks the team. So he's been exposed over the past five games when he's had to do it himself, with help from the in-experienced chief sneak Congo Chris.

Oh for a Tony Pulis type manager with the experience and character to organise a football team. All Kevin Nugent did, was keep it simple and get them organised. The pre-match interview before Bradford City away set alarm bells ringing for me. Not only being trying to be clever, by announcing to the opposition how his team was set up, but over complication to the extent of asking players to do too much. Does he think he is a top coach who can instill a system mid-way through the season. You need a pre-season to do that.

Football is a simple game, over complicated by idiots.. Bill Shankley.

Whilst i agree with pretty much everything you've said in your overall post, it's interesting what you say about the Bradford game because we played well there!
    In fact the most surprising thing for me of KR's reign has been that we actually played really well at bradford and by all accounts were unlucky not to win and their fans said we were the best team to go there this season yet 10 days later we've been dumped out of the cup and suffered 2 league defeats. How/why has KR not built on the Bradford game?
  • Options
    Milton Keynes Dons 10 May 2010 23 October 2016 346 147 81 118 42.5 [19]
    Charlton Athletic 28 November 2016 Present 5 0 2 3 0.0

I would assume it took a while for him to get MKD playing his way too.
  • Options

KR inherited a demoralised inadequate squad with problems on the playing side
    and club in general.

Did he? "Inadequate" I'll agree. I don't think Slade was great but he had done some basic things right. So far things have got sharply worse since Robinson arrived. He could easily go his first seven games without a win - entering Parkinson 2008 territory.
    KR didn't inherit a team which had gone on a long run of games without a win (which is often the case with new managers), indeed he inherited a team which was on a mini revival

Instead he's creating his own long run of games without a win...
  • Options

I have been very critical of Robinson, in fact I have used his appearance and his manner of speech to ridicule him. Unfair, he's just trying to make a living the best way he can, he is what he is and should be judged on that alone.
    Truth is that he's a poor manager and should never have been appointed, whatever worked for him and his owner at MKD is not gonna work here.
    Meire is totally to blame for the appointment, proof that she knows nothing about how football is played even though she might have the economics and cash flow patterns down pat. If someone like me could see that Robinson was an accident waiting to happen, then .....

Our squad need a reality check, a rabble rouser as a manager, we're too soft, too fragile, last night we were just out-bottled and outfought, nothing to do with skill or patterns of play. Cosy individual chats will make the situation worse, will cause confusion and possible dissent. What's needed is a whole squad meeting where the truth can be told, where the players can get at each other's throats if necessary. We have a pile of injuries yes .. but, as examples, weakened teams got a big win at Bristol and a point at Bradford, we beat the division leaders, albeit in the cup. It's not who is playing it's HOW and WHY they are playing. Nugent seemed to be able to get that across, alas poor Robinson .. I don't think he's able to walk, let alone run, as well as he talks .. a great pity for our club .. I fear we're stuck with him for at least the rest of the season .. I can forgive poor patterns of play, poor selections, poor tactics, but I (and we all) can't forgive lack of effort and tenacity, the current squad, even the toughest are falling into bad ways, and this is a managerial fault.
    I await with anticipation to see who arrives in the next transfer window

Final paragraph Lincs, are we talking players or managers?!
  • Options
    I'm not saying he should be sacked at all. But if the clubs first priority is getting promotion this year then how long will he get? Or is that another lie from the regime.
    Russel Slade is not a great manager, but he wasn't able to bring in enough players in the summer to make a promotion challenge. We are an average league 1 team at best. Lessons have not been learnt and we find ourselves in yet another mess.
    How many transfer windows does it really take for a manager to get the right players in? Whoever it is needs time, there is no quick fix
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    If KR keeps banging on about buying players he'll be gone with the xmas turkey.
    In what parallel universe does he think he's gonna get to spend any of roly's money? Even if he did would it be on anyone he's keen on or just the usual driesens's digital daydreams and network nuisances needing a new niche?
    Is KR a dribbling halfwit or does he think we are?
    With Barker's arrival we've got more coaches than players at the moment.
    With the effect he's had on performances I'm not sure I want to find out how he gets on with attempting to assemble an adequate squad.
    Fortunately I now probably can't get to a game until February. I just hope there's still a club to support then.

Slade sure loves getting on the gravy train at basket case clubs, greedy fat loser tucks in at Coventry.

• Options
    I have a feeling that it's not going to work out at Charlton for Karl, I want every manager at Charlton to succeed as it means the team does but there is just something about him that I just don't like/get.

To answer the original question of how long does he get? Three inches every time he visits uncle Roly