Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Robinson get?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
    dickplumb said:

He has got to be given time and money to manage. The constant change of Managers has not worked. We need stability and he needs time to implement changes.

Dick, I know that, you know that and anyone with an ounce of knowledge about how to run a professional football club knows that. However a mad, deluded. arrogant, disrespectful, know it all, old fool with a twitchy trigger finger is calling the shots.

Please feel free fellow Lifers to embellish any of the Douchbag's traits I may have omitted.
  • Options
    But surely even the most stupid person can see that constantly changing Managers has not worked.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

I really hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling this appointment is comparable to Carol.

He appears to be an attention seeking arse licker and I understand not particularly well respected by the players.

You just can't pick an "attacking team" without proper ball winning midfielders, which we haven't got. There is absolutely no balance in the team he picked Saturday.

Unless results improve quickly reckon he could be gone by end of Jan, just as the transfer window closes which means the next one in (almost certainly the Irish spy in the camp) will have little to deal with.

The sorry circus rolls on.

To be fair no appointment, in English football history, has been or ever will be comparable to Karel, yet.
    Fixed that for you mate best not to underestimate how stupid some people can be, huh :wink:
    Good point, is there a fifth tier in Belgian football ?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

But surely even the most stupid person can see that constantly changing Managers has not worked.

He can go very low in the 'Domme Mensen' stakes mate, never mind us, as he is continually proving.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He has got to be given time and money to manage. The constant change of Managers has not worked. We need stability and he needs time to implement changes.

I actually don't think he needs too much money. I maintain that - on paper at least - we have a top six squad minus a couple of player, he should be given enough to go and fill those holes but no more than that or else we run the risk of a big turnover in players in January which will set us back even further.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Everyone bar the "stupid person" who makes the decisions it seems.

Even Meire learnt not to pin her colours to yet another new manager's mast as shown by her complete silence on the new boss.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Even Meire learnt not to pin her colours to yet another new manager's mast as shown by her complete silence on the new boss.
    Good point, it hadn't clicked that she did not speak this time.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

She is under instruction to keep her yap shut in public.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

I actually don't think he needs too much money. I maintain that - on paper at least - we have a top six squad minus a couple of player, he should be given enough to go and fill those holes but no more than that or else we run the risk of a big turnover in players in January which will set us back even further.
    I think the following players are good enough for a top six finish.

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

The rest are under the quality we need.

• Options
    Life should mean life.
    Let him suffer like we who still go suffer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

Really ? Ulvestad ? Phillips ? Even Chicksen has looked good enough in recent performances.
  • Options
    Phillips is still learning, Ulvestad has not impressed me. Chicksen is Ok.
  • Options
    Ulvestad is a fetch and carry player and not a very good one at that, his tackling isn't strong enough. Zero creativity from him.
  • Options
    KR will get about as long as any of Roly's saps hitherto: 6 months tops and only then if he starts pulling rabbits out of hats and summoning up miracles from the rag tag rabble of misfits, piss takers and schoolboys he is left with after roly's end of January fire sale. The squad is currently inadequate and will be weakened at the end of the transfer window. When results continue to reflect the resources KR will inevitably carry the can and collect his cards as roly once again "makes the right decision and improves the club's position" by recruiting the next dupe.
    The whole thing is nauseating
  • Options
    If by nauseating you mean actually makes you physically sick, I agree.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Phillips is still learning, Ulvestad has not impressed me. Chicksen is Ok.

Missed It said:

Ulvestad is a fetch and carry player and not a very good one at that, his tackling isn't strong enough. Zero creativity from him.

Fair enough - IMO there probably aren't many better players in his position than Ulvestad in other League One squads.
  • Options
    If Robinson gets bad results over the next few weeks, with Roland's love of dancing, I can see him sacking Karl and giving the job to Wayne Sleep
  • Options
    edited December 2016

If Robinson gets bad results over the next few weeks, with Roland's love of dancing, I can see him sacking Karl and giving the job to Wayne Sleep

More likely to be a Wayne Kerr mate (alias C O'L):wink:
  • Options
    se9addick said:

RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

I really hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling this appointment is comparable to Carol.

He appears to be an attention seeking arse licker and I understand not particularly well respected by the players.

You just can't pick an "attacking team" without proper ball winning midfielders, which we haven't got. There is absolutely no balance in the team he picked Saturday.

Unless results improve quickly reckon he could be gone by end of Jan, just as the transfer window closes which means the next one in (almost certainly the Irish spy in the camp) will have little to deal with.

The sorry circus rolls on.

To be fair no appointment, in English football history, has been or ever will be comparable to Karel, yet.
    Fixed that for you mate best not to underestimate how stupid some people can be, huh :wink:
    Good point, is there a fifth tier in Belgian football ?
    Don't know about that but there are plenty of tears in SE7 football at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

An absolute juggernaut of a game for Robinson on Wednesday.

Win that and he'll buy a fair bit of time from the fan base at least.

Win on Wednesday and we'll be in touch with the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope to see what the process is for getting him elevated to Sainthood.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    dickplumb said:

Nope. Stupid is as stupid does. He'll never accept it's down to him, so he'll always sack the manager.
    dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

Exactly what I've been saying. We can't continue to "carry" Fox, Crofts, Foley (in midfield), Jackson (ok as a sub), Ajose & Novak.

PS Chicksen is good enough for a top 6 finish & Ulvestad is ok.
  • Options

An absolute juggernaut of a game for Robinson on Wednesday.

Win that and he'll buy a fair bit of time from the fan base at least.

Win on Wednesday and we'll be in touch with the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope to see what the process is for getting him elevated to Sainthood.
    Let's assume beating 'wall is possible this week:
    A victory over that lot will earn KR many brownie points among many Addickted.
    All sadly irrelevant.
    Cos it won't count for shit with roly. That septuagenarian shit for brains will hand KR his cards at whatever predetermined point he already has mapped out or sooner if roly has an epi like after his recent birthday.
    Not that any tears should be shed or sleep lost for KR. The chatty scouser took the job with his eyes and ears open, he chooses to sup from roly's poisoned chalice. On your head be it Karl, when you lay down with dogs...etc...
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Nope. Stupid is as stupid does. He'll never accept it's down to him, so he'll always sack the manager.
    dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

Exactly what I've been saying. We can't continue to "carry" Fox, Crofts, Foley (in midfield), Jackson (ok as a sub), Ajose & Novak.

PS Chicksen is good enough for a top 6 finish & Ulvestad is ok.
    Not having any criticism of Chicksen, he's a star !
  • Options
    I'm not sure that evaluating individuals ability is the best pointer for promotion chances. Do you think if you went through the squad names of AFC Wimbledon, Southend, Bristol Rovers or even Scunthorpe , that you would be remarking at how fantastic they all are? The sum of the parts is much more important and a good manager is the heart of that. I think Robinson could be the man but he'll need time-unfortunately I don't see him getting that from the board nor the majority of the fanbase.
  • Options
    I don't think we will get promoted or see any expected success with this bloke.

Even if we had new owners and he had a year to build "his team" with realistic but decent incoming transfer freedom.

We might scrape 6th, at the very best.

You have to have faith...But I believe the new manager only looks good, because his employer's look so bad.

Nothing against him personally, I think he has a bright future in coaching and he would have learnt a lot by the time he's in his mid 40s. He's a young manager. Sky's the limit.

I'm sure Robbo would disagree....And I hope I'm wrong. I hope he brings the football to Charlton that we all desire. But....

Roland will, indirectly, make Karl's job more difficult then it is. You can't have that.

In my opinion. Robinson should have taken a job from a league 2 club....With an ambitious chairman that will be thinking alike.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

So: we've got 8-9 first teamers that we all rate. (I'd also add Botaka and Ulvestad to that list).

Look at the other teams in the League. Most, including several in the top 6-8 have got 3-4 players of that quality by comparison. Some have none. (I'd be hard put to suggest any of the Peterborough squad were particularly brilliant).

Therefore we should be in the top 6. Barring maybe a new full back I can't see that another massive influx of newcomers in January would help.

This is Robinson's shout - he got to get results out of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

So: we've got 8-9 first teamers that we all rate. (I'd also add Botaka and Ulvestad to that list).

Look at the other teams in the League. Most, including several in the top 6-8 have got 3-4 players of that quality by comparison. Some have none. (I'd be hard put to suggest any of the Peterborough squad were particularly brilliant).

Therefore we should be in the top 6. Barring maybe a new full back I can't see that another massive influx of newcomers in January would help.

Hang on half of them players listed are not fit and unlikely to be available for selection all of a sudden. By the time they are all available we could be well adrift of the play off places by the end of January if reinforcements have not been signed let alone what outgoings there might be.

Robinson will only be able to work with what he has got and it's unlikely the squad will stay injury free until the end of the season. Sorry but I just don't buy into your leap of faith until we see what fully fit players we have available after the transfer window shuts. The squad is unbalanced, thin on the ground and Is likely to remain so as we have come to expect.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

What is your basis for saying most of our players are better than the opposition ?

I find it hard to believe, that you know enough about our opponents, to say whether their players are better than ours.

For instance, run through the Peterboro team now and rank them all, to demonstrate you are correct in what you say.

Alternatively, are you saying this because you know very little about the opposition players and assume ours are better because you don't know them ?

PS The Peterboro players may not have been particularly brilliant, but they played us off the park for 70 mins.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

Hang on half of them players listed are not fit and unlikely to be available for selection all of a sudden. By the time the are all available we could well adrift of the play off places by the end if January if reinforcements have not been signed let alone what outgoings there might be.

Robinson will only be able to work with what he has got and it's unlikely the squad will stay injury free until the end of the season. Sorry but just don't buy into your leap of faith until we see what fully fit players we have available after the transfer window sits.

dickplumb said:

se9addick said:

dickplumb said:

Rudd,
    Solly,
    Baeur,
    Texeira,
    Pearce,
    Lookman,
    Holmes,
    Magennis,
    Kashi

What is your basis for saying most of our players are better than the opposition ?

I find it hard to believe, that you know enough about our opponents, to say whether their players are better than ours.

For instance, run through the Peterboro team now and rank them all, to demonstrate you are correct in what you say.

Alternatively, are you saying this because you know very little about the opposition players and assume ours are better because you don't know them ?

PS The Peterboro players may not have been particularly brilliant, but they played us off the park for 70 mins.
    good posts .. good players or no, it still comes down to team spirit and organisation, i.e. making the sum greater than the constituent parts .. so far as I can see only Nugent has achieved this for us this season .. I am no way a fan of Robinson (yet) but wish him ALL the best