Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Robinson get?

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:

I don't think we will get promoted or see any expected success with this bloke.

Even if we had new owners and he had a year to build "his team" with realistic but decent incoming transfer freedom.

We might scrape 6th, at the very best.

You have to have faith...But I believe the new manager only looks good, because his employer's look so bad.

Nothing against him personally, I think he has a bright future in coaching and he would have learnt a lot by the time he's in his mid 40s. He's a young manager. Sky's the limit. Yeah, Soccer Saturday!

I'm sure Robbo would disagree....And I hope I'm wrong. I hope he brings the football to Charlton that we all desire. But....

Roland will, indirectly, make Karl's job more difficult then it is. You can't have that.

In my opinion. Robinson should have taken a job from a league 2 club....With an ambitious chairman that will be thinking alike.

• Options

Dave2l said:

I don't think we will get promoted or see any expected success with this bloke.

Even if we had new owners and he had a year to build "his team" with realistic but decent incoming transfer freedom.

We might scrape 6th, at the very best.

You have to have faith...But I believe the new manager only looks good, because his employer's look so bad.

Nothing against him personally, I think he has a bright future in coaching and he would have learnt a lot by the time he's in his mid 40s. He's a young manager. Sky's the limit. Yeah, Soccer Saturday!

I'm sure Robbo would disagree....And I hope I'm wrong. I hope he brings the football to Charlton that we all desire. But....

Roland will, indirectly, make Karl's job more difficult then it is. You can't have that.

In my opinion. Robinson should have taken a job from a league 2 club....With an ambitious chairman that will be thinking alike.

altered that sentence for you!

Karl Robinson by his own admission stated that recruitment of new players will be by committee. This means without doubt surely that Duchatelet, Meire, Driesen and O'Loughlin will be on that committee.

Duchatelet will therefore 'advise' KR in the Jan transfer window. Why he may even may suggest a new formation.
  • Options
    Robinson needs time and backing. The track record of the owner doesn't inspire confidence he will get either!
  • Options
    Proving Roland's right English managers are shit better with foreign coaches. He might get 6 more games.
    I'd like rowett. Hopefully he can fake a foreign accent at his interview
  • Options
    Dont think it matters who the manager is under these owners - everything seems desperate at Charlton.
  • Options

This is L1 not Championship promotion race.

Rudd - unsure. What? Prem player
    Solly - probably not anymore. Prob best RB in this div and most of CC.
    Fox - no. Allegedly turned down £1m+
    Bauer - unsure. Would be decent in division above
    Pearce - unsure because of the strength of the others around him. Any L1 side would have him 1st choice CB.
    Konsa you forgot but on Prem side's radar.
    Botaka - no. Based on about 6 games
    Ullvestad - no. Hard to judge in a weak unbalanced side
    Crofts - no. Agreed with bells on
    Jackson - no. Sorry Johnny but try coaching
    Holmes - yes
    Magennis - yes
    Lookman - yes but still has tons to learn. Less if played in his correct role
    Ajose - no. Agreed
    Texeira - yes
    Novak - no. Really? Hardly played. Not fully fit. Done it at level above.
    Foley - no. Decent cover at RB, not a midfielder
    Lennon - no. Really? Clubs in L1 are queuing up for him.
    Johnson - no. Tosser but been decent in Prem. Get in most L1 sides.
    Chicksen - unsure. WHAT? Rusty but been one of our best when in XI.

The problem is balance of squad and playing guys in their correct position, added to organisation, shape and confidence.

I appreciate your points but

Rudd - just because he's at a Prem club at his age doesn't necessarily mean he's a keeper winning promotion at this level, hence why I wrote unsure. I've actually been more impressed with Philips than Rudd

Solly isn't the same as he once was. Doesn't get forward as much, and has looked more suspect at the back over the last season and a half. This plus eternal dodgy knee makes it less likely he'll perform to the standards needed to win promotion

Fox - what we turned down is irrelevant imo. Some Chinese club have just offered Oscar £500k a week. If Fox was of sufficient calibre, he would've took this division by the scruff of the neck. He looks as mediocre this season as he did last, in a lower league

Bauer _ I genuinely don't know. I felt he was a good signing but at the age he's at, we just can't tell if this is his level or he can play higher

Pearce - you would've thought so given winning promotion last season, but my point was more around the overall quality of the team around him. Wigan last season were a much better team than we are this

Konsa has looked okay but again, how can we tell if he's ready/good enough to be part of a promotion winning team. On Premier league clubs' radar means very little to me when he's had a handful of games

Botaka - looked good on his sub cameos, but if a championship team are letting him out on loan, maybe that says league one is his level

Ullvestad - I thought has improved slightly, but you've kind of gone on the same lines as me re: Pearce. Overall this is a weak unbalanced side. That will be detrimental to any impact he will have

We agreed on the others up until

Novak - yes has done it at a higher level, but for me, 'has done' and not really to any memorable degree. I appreciate he's been injured pretty much since he joined us so perhaps I was a bit rash

Foley - Yes actually been more impressed with him at RB than in the centre

Lennon - I actually quite like, but I worry he's going backwards now and prior to the injuries at CB recently, I believe like you say other league one clubs were looking at buying him. But they could be league one clubs nearer the bottom than top.

Chicksen - has impressed me but I've only seen him a handful of times, so how can I draw any other conclusion than to say unsure he's a player of promotion winning material.

My overriding point was that having seen 3 promotions in my lifetime (97/98), (99/00) and 2011/12, I know what the team needs to look like overall to get up, and this lot look miles off. I truly believe that the regular first XI needs to have 9 top players and can carry 1 maybe 2 more average players. At the moment we're of maybe 3 good players, the rest average to poor
  • Options

Proving Roland's right English managers are shit better with foreign coaches. He might get 6 more games.

I think Roland thought Robinson was speaking in a foreign accent.
    'You look in the dustbin for something to eat
    You find a dead cat and you think it's a treat
    In your................'
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I think Roland thought Robinson was speaking in a foreign accent.
    'You look in the dustbin for something to eat
    You find a dead cat and you think it's a treat
    In your................'
    "....Bermondsey slums"
  • Options

An absolute juggernaut of a game for Robinson on Wednesday.

Win that and he'll buy a fair bit of time from the fan base at least.

Lose, and the first bit of strain on the noose will develop.

:-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needs to be given the transfer window to bring in players he wants.
  • Options
    You can give him as much time as you want, but under this shit shower of an owner it's not going to make any difference.

But, I do get the feeling that this one is going to be an enormous waste of space. Too fond of his own voice for my liking. Poor mans Pardew, which isn't a good thing.
  • Options
    True, but calling for his head now is ridiculous. Obviously no one is happy with how things are going and he may well prove to be a waste of space, but he needs to be given time to bring his own players and then see how we go from the window to the end of the season. If the rest of the season is a disaster then he can fuck off in May.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

The only thing that could get me excited is Jackson player/manager, at this point why not.

Because I like the guy, and the poor bastard's done nothing to deserve having to deal with the kind of shit being a manager under this regime would shower him with.
  • Options

Im not impressed so far, for an attacking coach we dont attack much and we looked better under Nugent but.......

We have to break this short-termism and allow a manager time.

Though it doesnt really matter how much time or support we fans give any manager.

Duchatelet could sack Robinson and put Cuckoo Chris O'Loughlin in charge on a whim because that's what he does.

Just reminding myself of what I said on the first page.

No, nothings changed in my mind, still not impressed, still need to stop the short-termism, still expect Cuckoo Chris to be boss sooner rather than later
  • Options
    Last night was a sackable offence on its own
  • Options
    I want him sacked today, fuck him, fuck Roland, hope it costs them a fortune too
  • Options
    reckon by end of january it will be congo chris come on down
  • Options
    All if, buts and maybes.

If we had won last night, some fans would have labelled him the new messiah. Over the top, but would have defiantly gained some plus points.

Lose as we did, then some fans already want him gone after 5 games. As the above another over the top reaction.

Stability is paramount here, but it won't be the fans doing the sacking. It will be the 70 years old from Belgium who will decide that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

All if, buts and maybes.

If we had won last night, some fans would have labelled him the new messiah. Over the top, but would have defiantly gained some plus points.

Lose as we did, then some fans already want him gone after 5 games. As the above another over the top reaction.

Stability is paramount here, but it won't be the fans doing the sacking. It will be the 70 years old from Belgium who will decide that.

But we didn't win, we lost, what's the point on speculating on hypotheticals when you can address the reality ?
  • Options
    A few thoughts.
    Is Robinson playing Duche at his own game by accept the network spy on the coaching staff, perhaps taking on board tactics, formations, team selections etc?
    If Duche's dumb interference had worked we would have won a few games and all would have been rosy.
    As was most likely, we've gone into yet another downward spiral and Robinson has a stronger argument to strengthen the squad.
    We know that if Duche thinks he has a willing puppet then he tends to back them in spite of their obvious flaws. From Duche's interviews we can surmise that advice from the network is being given.
    Either that or Robinson is a blagger completely out of his depth!
  • Options
    None of this is surprising. We've won 6 league games all season. I said when Slade got sacked anyone would struggle with our current midfield. I just hope KR can bring players in early and not wait until the end of January. But I don't hold out much hope.
  • Options

Needs to be given the transfer window to bring in players he wants.

And this is where it all falls apart when Roland sees his shopping list,and tells him that Driesen has prepared one of his own,and these are the players you can get.
  • Options
    Has he has he been for a pint with the fans yet?

Spose he's too busy.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Has he has he been for a pint with the fans yet?

Spose he's too busy.

Well he is now the Douchbag has stirred up the hornets nest. It sounds like a case of hear no evil, see no evil, not so sure about him being able to keep his gob shut though. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    All this talk about he should be sacked now and so on - surely the short-term hire em/fire em mentality of Two Sheds is something we have been campaigning against?

Having said that - KR can do one!