Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long does Robinson get?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    The constant changes added to the criticisms of the players can never be good, sounds desperate to me.
  • Options
    SPECULATION continues to mount that interim boss Paul Warne will be announced as Rotherham United’s permanent manager tomorrow, with former Rotherham Boys star Richie Barker joining the coaching staff.

Although unconfirmed, talk among fans has picked up pace over the last few days — receiving a mixed reception along the way.

Barker, from Aston, will leave his current role as assistant manager of League One side Charlton, where he has been Karl Robinson’s number two since following him to the capital from MK Dons in December, 2016.

Barker racked up over 150 appearances for the Millers during two spells, scoring 18 times.
  • Options
    He's mouthy, but has very little to back it up. Being mouthy and successful can be accepted by players and fans alike. Being mouthy and a complete failure loses you any respect very quickly. I was of the view that sacking him at this late stage would be suicidal, now I think it may be the only chance we have of picking up a few more points. If they couldn't get motivated last night, they never will find the motivation. Put a respected man in there like Keith Peacock or JJ and we may just sneak over the line.
  • Options
    I think he's lost the dressing room ... the players don't want to play for him sadly. When he took over I really wanted him to do well but sadly now I can't see as he's the right man.

Think like others have said put jacko in temporary charge until the end of the season and then see where we go from there
  • Options
    JJ wanted the job when Slade got it so will be hungry for a chance. I think there is a lot going for joint caretaker managers who can support each other. JJ and Jason will have attributes to bring to the party and will create some positivity where there is currently none. I think I'd probably make Jason caretaker manager with JJ as his assistant if I had to choose. Just beacuse he has a little more experience! But if they were joint managers, they can arguably halve the pressure on each other. This has to be a temporary solution and the situation can be reviewed at the end of the season, but we can't think beyond now at this time!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    He should be gone! I can only imagine he is still here because any potential buyer would want to bring in someone of their choosing! I hope! :smile:
  • Options
    I don't doubt that JJ, Euell and Simon Clark would all like the top job or even to be no.2

Euell has already turned down the assistant role as the club wouldn't give him what he considered reasonable terms and so went back to running the U23s.

The problem would be Robinson is sacked is that O'Loughlin will still be there. Cuckoo Chris will either be boss or it will be a requirement that he stays in the coaching team.

That's assuming that JJ, Euell or Clark won't to work under KM and the duck tape king
  • Options
    Even if we get relegated, I cannot see him getting sacked under current owners.
  • Options

That would finish most fans off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Irrelevant what us fans think. As long as she's not being criticized by her peers or the media she is pleased.
  • Options
    Nobody wants to see a constant revolving door of managers but if you keep appointing the wrong one that's what you will get. Or if you have a good one in the first place that didn't need replacing!
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Dansk_Red said:

SPECULATION continues to mount that interim boss Paul Warne will be announced as Rotherham United’s permanent manager tomorrow, with former Rotherham Boys star Richie Barker joining the coaching staff.

Although unconfirmed, talk among fans has picked up pace over the last few days — receiving a mixed reception along the way.

Barker, from Aston, will leave his current role as assistant manager of League One side Charlton, where he has been Karl Robinson’s number two since following him to the capital from MK Dons in December, 2016.

Barker racked up over 150 appearances for the Millers during two spells, scoring 18 times.

I have been to The Millers and never scored once !!!
    F##k me how ugly are you :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Irrelevant what us fans think. As long as she's not being criticized by her peers or the media she is pleased.
    That simply doesn't tally with what's happened with previous managers - all of who have been sacked on the basis of far better results than Robinson. There must be a reason he remains in charge, and the only one that makes sense to me is that Roland doesn't want to spend the money it would take to get rid of him when he could be about to sell up.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

That simply doesn't tally with what's happened with previous managers - all of who have been sacked on the basis of far better results than Robinson. There must be a reason he remains in charge, and the only one that makes sense to me is that Roland doesn't want to spend the money it would take to get rid of him when he could be about to sell up.
    and that is what I am currently clinging onto
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

I wish that were true but I think it's very much more likely that they feel they've taken so much critisism for the manager turnover they now believe that they have to stick with him and give him time.
  • Options
    Having a little experience in this area, and on the assumption he has no previous convictions, fraud on this scale could see a custodial sentence of around 3 years. Most convicts have to spend a few months in 'proper' prison but those guilty of 'white collar' crime, who keep their noses clean, can expect to be moved to low category facilities and open prisons and serve no more than half their sentence incarcerated. Qualification for maximum remission should follow with good behaviour and he'd be back on the streets full time no more than 18 months after conviction. Getting a conviction will be tough tho, none of the officers of the defrauded company are even faintly credible as witnesses or even as people. The CPS might find a few thousand eye witnesses locally...
  • Options

I don't doubt that JJ, Euell and Simon Clark would all like the top job or even to be no.2

Euell has already turned down the assistant role as the club wouldn't give him what he considered reasonable terms and so went back to running the U23s.

The problem would be Robinson is sacked is that O'Loughlin will still be there. Cuckoo Chris will either be boss or it will be a requirement that he stays in the coaching team.

That's assuming that JJ, Euell or Clark won't to work under KM and the duck tape king

Congo Chris may be an issue, but it's not the primary one. It's not him making contradictory statements after every game, alternatively praising or blaming the players, and it's not him insisting on Karl's favoured 4-2-3-1 system

• Options
    PeterGage said:

Dansk_Red said:

I have been to The Millers and never scored once !!!
    It's knowing what to do, when you're in box.
  • Options
    Perhaps he is safe because he is fulfilling the Master Plan.
    Running down the Club to league 2, retain only a few thousand supporters, redevelope the Ground as a dance venue with a bit of football in the background, aka St Trud.
    Sillius Sodus forgets the O2 is just up the road and provides all entertainment and eatery anyone could wish for.
    He is a truly evil and doesn't give a toss for the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those calling for JJ and JE are as mental as Duchatelet. If they didn't hand in their notices weeks after taking the jobs they'd get a barrage of abuse!
  • Options

Having a little experience in this area, and on the assumption he has no previous convictions, fraud on this scale could see a custodial sentence of around 3 years. Most convicts have to spend a few months in 'proper' prison but those guilty of 'white collar' crime, who keep their noses clean, can expect to be moved to low category facilities and open prisons and serve no more than half their sentence incarcerated. Qualification for maximum remission should follow with good behaviour and he'd be back on the streets full time no more than 18 months after conviction. Getting a conviction will be tough tho, none of the officers of the defrauded company are even faintly credible as witnesses or even as people. The CPS might find a few thousand eye witnesses locally...

He's a Scouser, he'll have previous as long as your arm.
  • Options
    If he knows new owners are around the corner it may be that he knows he won't be here next season
  • Options
    It was evident from the game against MK Dons, who had the talent & tactical nouse out of the Robinson management team.

Robinson has completely mismanaged the players he has got and failed to play an effective strategy or motivate the players. The players looked like they did not understand or believe in the formation that Robinson wants them to play in.

I do not want Robinson to get any money at Charlton. He needs to go or Charlton will end up in league 2. The only possible reason why he hasn't been fired already is that Duchatelet does not want to pay his contract up so close to a potential take over.

Jackson and Euell would have a chance to get sufficient points to drag Charlton over the safety line. Jackson would be able to motivate the players and come up with a coherent plan to at least make Charlton difficult to beat.
  • Options

He flip flops in post match interviews every week, three times a week if we're playing Sat-Tues-Sat.

1. "The players were a disgrace, not fit to wear the shirt"
    2. "I blame myself for poor tactics"
    3. "Some players aren't trying hard enough"

Talk about mixed messages from your boss.

His man management is absolutely shocking. No wonder he can't get the players playing for him.

I wonder if that's his attitude generally. It seems to me he changes his mind as fast as he changes his team, so I wonder if he also keeps chopping and changing what they are doing in training etc. Would explain why nobody seems to know what the hell they are doing out on the pitch.
  • Options
    JJ and Euell as Ex player joint managers wouldn't work would it? Oh hang on a minute didn't some team do that after being in exile :wink: .
  • Options
    New owners with varney in charge, curbs DoF, Powell manager with Jacko and euell assistant - sell a few season tickets then!
  • Options
    Those players on the pitch and on the bench last night were definitely good enough to beat MK Dons! There is obviously something very wrong (yes I know the fucking owner!) but as other people have said many times before the club is toxic, KR can, and does try to talk us up saying he's going to do this that and the other etc BUT we are NOT getting any semblance of 'normality' back until a new owner with a desire to do the best for our once great club steps in, installs a tried and tested manager and gets the RIGHT players in for Charlton FC (as Chris Powell did!) I am sure under 'normal' ownership where the owners give a shit we would see very different performances from even these players.
    When the teams have been posted over the last few weeks there are lots of positive comments on here and on twitter but time after time these players do not perform. I honestly don't even think sacking KR would improve things unless they gave 'the helm' to JJ until the end of the season.
    All I know is it is the most depressing time I can remember supporting Charlton, and yes that includes 'trekking' over to Upton bloody park and going to the other 'carsy' in SE25!!!!
    All we can do is hope and pray that our club is sold to the right person/persons next time and we can rise once again.
    COYR.............