Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sheff U - Post Match Views

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Not surprised at the Walsall result... We must have exhausted them the way we made them run on Saturday.

Had our goal been 10-mins earlier I reckon we may well could have won
  • Options

Botaka: an enigma, talented with the ball at his feet, but is he selfish and lazy or just really really dim? output always so much less than his apparent parts suggest - what is the opposite of synergy? entropy?

I have called him a luxury player for League 1 in the past,
    but strange words on a day when after Duffy went off for United and Botaka came on for CAFC, at last we had someone who could run at their defense and show some silky skills. We have enough water carriers already. Without Holmes and Lookman double marked, Botaka did well in his cameo role.

What did you think he did wrong yesterday ?

Or like others, did you head for home early ?

Stayed to the end and apart from getting tripped up don't recall Botaka's contribution, can't recall anything he's added beyond the first 5 minutes or so of his very first appearance, the longer he's on the less he seems to contribute.
    He looked dangerous before that trip! How can you make a statement like that when the bloke had 10 minutes!!!!
  • Options

Unbelieveable league. On Saturday's performance you'd hardly think it possible, that they'd lose at home to Walsall.
    Although, they do seem to lack a goal threat, apart from Billy Sharpe.

I thought they pressed us but looked very limited. They only scored one goal - Phillips did make a coupel of good saves but I thought he could have stopped the goal. They stifled us through workrate, they may not have felt the need to play that way against Walsall. Did Duffy play against them? I think he looked their only player with anything about him ability wise.

They also made a couple of defensive errors that we didn't punish because we needed torisk an extra forward!

The amount they had to put into Saturday's game might not have helped them either.
    Perhaps they blew themselves out on Saturday. They put a lot into that game and only really let off with 90mins on the clock.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It is one of the reasons I always had a feeling we could still get back in it despite creating nothing - I was waiting for them to run out of juice. I think Wilder looked at our previous couple of results and decided they had to put levels of efforts in that you can't sustain week in week out! It was a good tactic as they did completely stifle us until Botaka came on!