Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Sheff U - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I do love a late game saver, even if it isn't really deserved, makes the train back north interesting.
  • Options
    Saw Bolton this afternoon. They were different class. Phil Parkinson....not good enough for us when we were 5th in this league. Wonder if he gives a toss now?
  • Options
    There goal from a free kick was never a foul.
  • Options
    Who was their number 21? He oozed class
  • Options
    Sheffield United know they were mugged today, and were the best managed and organised team we have seen at the Valley this season.
    Good appointment in Chris Wilder.

How we nicked a 1-1 draw when we had only 1 shot on target in 90 minutes and Patrick Bauer goal appeared to go in off his Manhood ?
    Bauer not called a big effing German for nothing.

Well done Phillips on your home league Debut, it can't be easy when you have to pick up Taxis and balls out of the area as your trying to focus on the beginning of the match.

Get back soon Ricky Holmes, because against the better sides in this division like the Blades you were solely missed.

IS there anyone left on CL or Sparrows lane or the Valley who doesn't realize we have a one paced midfield.

Will Someone please tell Karl Robinson in case he didn't sussed it out himself from his view in the directors box today.

7 out of 9 point in 8 days is not too shabby but we may be on crime watch next week.

• Options
    A word for the drummer who tried manfully to get a bit of atmosphere going and for his putdown of the heckler made for the best laugh of the afternoon.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Best player on the pitch by a country mile.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Mark Duffy
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Duffy was superb and when he went off injured we came back into the game. The best player i have seen in League 1 this season. Two good feet and runs all day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting comments by Wilder

United scraped narrow wins against 9 men in their previous 2 matches, their midweek winner was in the 3rd minute of extra time. Coincidentally the same time as our equaliser today!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm really gutted for him, his team and their scummy fan element who showed their true colours again today. 3 1/2 hour trek up the M1 as well :joy: .
  • Options

Interesting comments by Wilder

United scraped narrow wins against 9 men in their previous 2 matches, their midweek winner was in the 3rd minute of extra time. Coincidentally the same time as our equaliser today!
    Sour grapes. They didn't do enough to win. Plain and simple
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I'm really gutted for him 3 1/2 hour trek up the M1 as well :joy: .
    Yes coming to the match today he remembered how much nicer it is down sarf!
  • Options
    Decent result against one the better teams at this level.

We're avoiding defeat, keeping the goals against to 1 per game and have a strong squad, compared to those around us.

My hope would be that Robinson coming in doesn't cause dislocation in the management and coaching time (no idea what the psychology must be like there at present) and that, although some will leave in January, those who come in will be better, or at least better suited to this level.

After the exit of Slade I thought to trap door into League Two might be opening. After these 3 games it now looks like the Play-Offs are beckoning.

Peterborough at home could be a massive game.
  • Options
    Duffy was really good. After his success on loan at Burton last season, I'm surprised they didn't sign him. I can only assume Sheffield offered more money
  • Options
    Sounded like we were outclassed at times, but all credit to the German for getting us a point.
    Come on you Reds !
  • Options
    Sheffield U goal was amazing. It was a rather obvious set play. Ball slipped to the side of the wall for player to run onto. It seemed standing behind the goal that the Charlton team just stood and looked. No one moved-why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

Left after 85 mins (long drive home) and assumed we had lost. Didn't hear any roar whilst walking away from the ground to suggest we had equalised.

Botaka 3

Oh that explains it. How anyone can leave before the final whistle and marks players for the full game is beyond me
  • Options
    HandG said:

Looks like I was the only one who didn't think we were too bad! Sheff Utd looked a decent side and the better team for much of the game but, aside from the soft goal, I thought we defended really well and Phillips was only called into action a couple of times. Bringing on Novak and Botaka made a big difference and reckon another couple of minutes and we could have ncked another goal.

We obviously have our deficiencies and hopefully our latest manager does something about that but, since Nugent took over, we are definitely a stronger unit and made sure we were in that game throughout and I personally didn't think the draw was completely undeserved.

Also although I want Roland out and agree with everything CARD had done, I do think that the negativity about the running of the club does spill out too much to the team sometimes-they are making progress now and, whilst I appreciate we shouldn't in this league in the first place, I think the "support the team not the regime" mantra is definitely not one for all fans . Ajose has scored in his last two games yet there were still big cheers when was taken off, Fox has three assists in two games yet still came in for lots of stick for a bad cross etc etc.

HandG said:

Looks like I was the only one who didn't think we were too bad! Sheff Utd looked a decent side and the better team for much of the game but, aside from the soft goal, I thought we defended really well and Phillips was only called into action a couple of times. Bringing on Novak and Botaka made a big difference and reckon another couple of minutes and we could have ncked another goal.

We obviously have our deficiencies and hopefully our latest manager does something about that but, since Nugent took over, we are definitely a stronger unit and made sure we were in that game throughout and I personally didn't think the draw was completely undeserved.

Also although I want Roland out and agree with everything CARD had done, I do think that the negativity about the running of the club does spill out too much to the team sometimes-they are making progress now and, whilst I appreciate we shouldn't in this league in the first place, I think the "support the team not the regime" mantra is definitely not one for all fans . Ajose has scored in his last two games yet there were still big cheers when was taken off, Fox has three assists in two games yet still came in for lots of stick for a bad cross etc etc.

HandG said:

HandG said:

Best summary I have seen so far
  • Options

HandG said:

HandG said:

HandG said:

HandG said:

Best summary I have seen so far
    so good you copied in four times ((:>) .. just jesting
  • Options
    Sour grapes by their manager. Phillips did make a couple of decent saves, but they do seem to lack an attacking edge and although a clever free kick routine, Phillips was going for a cross and was beaten in a huge gap on his near post. Not sure Rudd would have been beaten. Don't get me wrong, I thought Phillips looked a good goalkeeper. They look very pretty, but do not look like they could handle a physical game. Anyway, didn't add to the goal so tuff mate.

Why has Chicksen not played more often? Added a huge amount of energy and pace.

I don't think Lookman was as bad as being made out. They were all over him and a lot was pushing the laws. If we have a 6 to 8 million pound striker, surprised we don't actually play him there - where a quick turn or trick gets you a chance on goal.
  • Options
    Best team we've played this season , if only we had a player like Duffy . We lack pace and energy in midfield and our full backs never get forward enough . Lucky point and Robinson now knows how big a job he has on his hands .