Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Scunny - Post match views

Comments

• boogica said:

Second half fantastic cup tie...to be honest mostly down to them making a game of it...oh how i wish we could swap midfields.

Those that stayed away...your loss....

On another day they would have won easily. ..big plus we hung on and enjoy lookman while you can. Minus effing morons in the north lower...you know who you are.

Hope u ain't talking about last week ie Ricky Holmes incident that being honest was embarrassing cos I was the only person in attendance from that game , didn't hear or see anything ie abuse or shouting from anybody .

Not the greatest game flat atmosphere job done .
    I stated it in an earlier post. There some low life scum who are showing their faces at away gsmes and were in evidence yesterday. They pretend their tough but are just wimps
  • boogica said:

Second half fantastic cup tie...to be honest mostly down to them making a game of it...oh how i wish we could swap midfields.

Those that stayed away...your loss....

On another day they would have won easily. ..big plus we hung on and enjoy lookman while you can. Minus effing morons in the north lower...you know who you are.

Hope u ain't talking about last week ie Ricky Holmes incident that being honest was embarrassing cos I was the only person in attendance from that game , didn't hear or see anything ie abuse or shouting from anybody .

Not the greatest game flat atmosphere job done .
    I stated it in an earlier post. There some low life scum who are showing their faces at away gsmes and were in evidence yesterday. They pretend their tough but are just wimps
    Ok not a problem fair comment .

10 mins into the game

People with snipes about 'Whingers', 'support the team', 'things are improving', 'boo boys' etc etc

It doesn't matter what you or anyone else says - on either side of the argument. Just look at that photo. Does that look like a football club where things are ok?
    I didn't say things were ok. Things aren't ok, things are bad. I hate the Belgian amateurs that ran our club. I think most of the whinge brigade also hated Jiminez and Slater , but that didn't stop them supporting the manager and the team. I support CARD, but I support my team. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH ?

10 mins into the game

Yeah but look how clean the seats are. Thanks Roland.
  • Very sad to see the valley so empty , the streets where like a ghost town , you would never of thought it was FA cup day , unfortunately under the current regime I can see this becoming a regular scene , fans have every right to stay away it's total up to them , but while watching the FA cup highlights seemed that so many stadiums looked empty has the magic of the cup become a thing of the past , I really hope not , back to the game just edged it for me , loads of work to be done if we want to climb the table .
  • boogica said:

Very sad to see the valley so empty , the streets where like a ghost town , you would never of thought it was FA cup day , unfortunately under the current regime I can see this becoming a regular scene , fans have every right to stay away it's total up to them , but while watching the FA cup highlights seemed that so many stadiums looked empty has the magic of the cup become a thing of the past , I really hope not , back to the game just edged it for me , loads of work to be done if we want to climb the table .

Sheffield United got 6099 for their game against Leyton Orient today

More than us, but still terrible considering the league gates they get, and their strong team
  • Believe it or not we were the 4th largest attendance of games played yesterday.
  • edited November 2016
    Some of the excuses people are making up for the attendance yesterday are laughable. Lowest at the valley for God knows how long. And that's including whatever fake freebies the clubs given away.
  • From a personal point of view it was nice to see Charlie Goode playing for Scunthorpe (centre back...think it was him who hit the post 2nd half).

Charlie came to Hendon in 2014 from AFC Hayes (formerly Brookhouse FC) and was a big part of our unbeaten 20+ match run that saw us finish 2nd (lost play off final to Margate) and win two cups.

Charlie's dad wisely wouldn't let him sign a contract with us because it was soon apparent that he would be moving up in the world (Leicester and Wolves were among those who took a look at him). A decent, no-nonsense defender and a really nice lad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Believe it or not we were the 4th largest attendance of games played yesterday.

Yep I noticed that.
    Attendances for the FA Cup have been dropping for the last few years, it's sad but true.
    Plenty of reasons for this, personally i think that the premier league and champions league have pushed the FA Cup into the background a bit like the league cup .
    All down to money I guess.
    You don't see top
    teams fielding weakened teams in the premier league and champions league but they do in the FA CUP regularly
  • Uboat said:

Nicholas said:

Great cup tie and a deserved win against the highest ranked team in the cup so far . The team played well for each other and the goals were great , particular Lookmans first. Refreshing to have a nice atmosphere too with the boo boys absent . Glad I went .Onward and upward! C.O.Y.R.

Nice atmosphere? There was no atmosphere!

Don't get all the little digs at the fans that wasn't there today, can you really blame people for not turning up after watching the dross that has been served up this season.
    yes, because supporting your team means doing so through the hard times, not just the good. That's why a promotion or a cup win is so much more enjoyable when we are stuck in the lower leagues
    So the problem at the moment is that we just aren't very good?
    I can't believe what an idiot I've been with all this protest nonsense.
    You said it!

10 mins into the game

My god that's bad. Lower north was probably busier than that about 30 minutes before most of our premier league games kicked off
  • One factor that will be affecting attendance, probably not to a massive extent, is British Rail as on Saturday's there are no direct trains from Dartford to Charlton. Yesterday we had a large birthday party for my wife (no larger than that!), live group etc. and if I had gone to the match I would have not made it back in time. Instead I went to Dartford and saw Nicky Bailey put in a good stint. However I shall be at the next home game and struggle to find somewhere to park. Like many others I abhor this regime but after 68 years nothing or no one is going to tell me when or where ever I can support my team. I read a salutory article regarding Coventry City today who nine year's ago were highly pleased that 3 influential shareholders of Southampton F.C. had rejected a bid from the now owners (of Coventry City) to para phrase Bob Monkhouse - "Who's laughing now?"
  • Fox and Croft are perfectly fine. In fact Croft makes us play. Will ignore what the haters say now having seen them for myself.

The thing is Crofts and Fox arguably had their best games of the season. IMO it was their best games.

If they played that decent every game, they wouldn't get any criticism.

So yes have your own opinion, but you shouldn't ignore others, who have seen them play poorly week in week out.
  • It was the best game of the season, very enjoyable and at times end to end.

I thought Scunny were the better team and on another day, they would have won, but so what.

We should have won a number of games this season that we did not. Swings and roundabouts.
  • Some of the excuses people are making up for the attendance yesterday are laughable. Lowest at the valley for God knows how long. And that's including whatever fake freebies the clubs given away.

I think this has more to do with a disinterest in the cup generally. Most supporters want their team to do well in the league, a cup run is only ever worth having if you get to the latter stages. As Charlton fans, this is something we haven't seen much of in the last 70 years. Low attendance will likely be a combination of poor league form; disinterest in the Cup; history of poor cup performances; wanting the regime out.
  • Some of the excuses people are making up for the attendance yesterday are laughable. Lowest at the valley for God knows how long. And that's including whatever fake freebies the clubs given away.

I don't think you are allowed to give away free tickets for FA Cup games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Out of curiosity - why didn't we have poppies on our shirts or at least a minutes silence before the game ?
  • Out of curiosity - why didn't we have poppies on our shirts or at least a minutes silence before the game ?

Presumably we will be doing that next weekend, which is remembrance weekend.

Fair enough . All premier league games did it this weekend.

International break, mate.

International break, mate.
    Ah of course .

Boycotters fault, apparently.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2675827/#Comment_2675827
  • didn't see the match but sounds like a good result and happy i can now get to the millwall match on the Wednesday night, hopefully can get past round 2 and get a premier league team apart from palace in round 3, always wanted arsenal but just know we will get Huddersfield.
  • Best game of the Season viewing wise without a doubt. As for the atmosphere, there was none full stop, if this is what the future holds for Charlton fan wise I am extremely alarmed for our club now, not that I wasn't already under this lot. I used to go to football in a group of between 5-10 over the last eight years or so, I was the only one in attendance today and the only reason I did is that I get a free ticket from my Dad so no money to the regime.
  • crowd sizes everywhere ? .. money is tight, people are selective in where and how they spend their cash .. when we get to the 3rd round and get a terrific home draw, just wait for the increase in attendance