Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Scunny - Post match views

Comments

• By nice atmosphere I meant it felt friendly and positive .Recent games have had a depressing negativity around the stands.There were smiles on fans yesterday . Roland out but lets enjoy good football when we see it!
  • A terrible crowd, but poor attendances weren't unique to us it has to be said.

Bradford vs Accrington 4985
    Bolton vs Grimsby 6649, but with nearly 2000 away fans
    Gillingham vs Brackley 2410!
    Millwall Southend on Friday 4502
  • 2014/15 - Blackburn Rovers (Third Round): 8,727
    2013/14 - Oxford United (Third Round): 5,566
    2012/13 - Huddersfield Town (Third Round) : 6,657
    2011/12 - Carlisle United (Second Round) : 7,461

You have to go back to our Premier League days when we'd get 10k plus attendances for a Cup match so sorry the regime can't be blamed for the attendance yesterday!!

10 mins into the game

People with snipes about 'Whingers', 'support the team', 'things are improving', 'boo boys' etc etc

It doesn't matter what you or anyone else says - on either side of the argument. Just look at that photo. Does that look like a football club where things are ok?
    Small point of order - the lower west was virtually full.

Given that the cost was £10 in both areas which gives the best view of the game?
  • Crusty54 said:

10 mins into the game

People with snipes about 'Whingers', 'support the team', 'things are improving', 'boo boys' etc etc

It doesn't matter what you or anyone else says - on either side of the argument. Just look at that photo. Does that look like a football club where things are ok?

Given that the cost was £10 in both areas which gives the best view of the game?
    It was a long way from full. We could pick an empty row of seats next to the directors box
  • masicat said:

Spanish said:

Good game between two evenly matched sides...not going to say anymore because if you really wanted to know you would have gone.

Going to do a longer post / thread later on the merits or not of boycotting games. I never boycotted going to Selhurst in the mid - late 80's and not going to start boycotting games at The Valley

Not saying I agree with the Regime, far from it, but I believe the team deserve our support.

The problem is going to home games means you also support the regime, financially. They're getting their bit from me by charging me their standard £2.50 admin charge for away games. You have to respect everyone's choice and if that means boycotting so be it.

I support the team and will not stay away from the Valley. Been going there for 55 years through thick and thin. People on here were slagging Slade yesterday before a ball was kicked. There are a lot of us who try to stay positive through what is sometimes dire football. Things are slowly improving. We aren't getting beat and the team is slowly starting to gel. But let's be honest, some of the whingers on here were probably calling for Curbishley head before slagging Parkinson, Francis, Church et etc, they are a breed. Never happy.
    You are quite wrong. The atmosphere was nice without the protesters.
  • Sponsored links:

• The atmosphere ? There wasn't any
  • Stig said:

Good game , good game , tame atmosphere in the West Stand pre season friendly chattering the main noise from there .
    Most has been said but Foley got away with a horrendous back pass and Fox made a great recovery when poorly trying to let a ball run out of play .
    Great turn out from Skatrienmeirehorpe.
    Saw Covered End on the way in nice to meet you sir .
    I still fancy our chances of making the play offs we aren't that bad a side .

20% Round 2 ...... 45% Round 3 ..... 25% Round 4 ........ 7% Round 5 ...... 2% Quarter finals ...... 0.75% Semi finals ...... 0.24999999% Runners up ...... 0.00000001% FA Cup Winners 2017

F**k writing/working that out again hope we go out next round

Great to see a return of the percentages Ohhaah, but I think our chances of making Round 2 are now 100%
    I'm letting you know where we go out of the cup but you know that , stop teasing me , i was up all night working them percentages out
    In that case it looks like you might have too many rounds, because we can't 'go out' as winners. I always thought these were cast iron facts, now I get the impression that you're just making it up :wink:

Seriously though, I love the percentages and usually concur with them. Please keep up the good work.
  • Crusty54 said:

10 mins into the game

It was a long way from full. We could pick an empty row of seats next to the directors box
    not surprising if that row was kept clear.

I said virtually full which it was.
  • AshBurton said:

se9addick said:

Overall a good performance.

Pros

- Magennis chasing down everything, he really reminds me of Yann in that aspect of his game
    - Lookman was superb, completely changed the game with two goals, had a decent chance for a hat-trick towards the end
    - Ulvestad is turning into part of the solution to our problem in the middle of the park, he was wxcdlldng again. yesterday

Cons

- Foley is genuinely terrible
    - Holmes, do we know the extent of his injury yet ? I was surprised Slade picked him yesterday and had Lookman on the bench when he knew he'll have Holmes but not Lookman next week, he might not have either now.

Sorry, what was Ulvestad doing again?
    I'm not even sure what I was trying to say there !
  • edited November 2016
    Crusty54 said:

10 mins into the game

If the lower west was "virtually full" how come there were under 3,500 home fans? Even if there had been zero in the lower north that would still be nonsense, by virtue of the published numbers.

People routinely overestimate the occupancy of stands they are sitting in, to be fair. It was about two thirds full. The wings were sparse but that wasn't clear from the central blocks.
  • Neat little free-kick from Muldoon for Braintree yesterday... Although a bit of luck involved too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37886571
  • Crusty54 said:

Crusty54 said:

10 mins into the game

not surprising if that row was kept clear.

I said virtually full which it was.
    It wasn't kept clear as we sat in it right next to the directors box, they just didn't sell any tickets.

Look at the highlights and see it wasn't full, virtually or otherwise.

10 mins into the game

Wow didn't realise it was that bad...even spotted myself lol

• I was under the impression under this regime a lot a people wanted to see low crowds
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

I was under the impression under this regime a lot a people wanted to see low crowds

That's ok then
  • Well not really but until they go hardly anything is going to be ok
  • Didn't go but absolutely delighted that we won. Hope we get a decent draw in the second round. Would like to see us progress. Not even a tie against one of the big guns in latter rounds will pursuade me to attend another match under this regime.

10 mins into the game

Wow didn't realise it was that bad...even spotted myself lol

You must be the keeper then. Or have very good eyesight!
  • se9addick said:

Croydon said:

"I'm so happy we managed to beat the highest rank team in the first round of the FA Cup. A game that will truly go down as an 'I was there' moment."

This is what some of you who went to the game sound like. Witnessing a win at home in the cup does not make you a better fan than anyone who swerved it, and it certainly does not make what's happening at the club ok.

For goodness sake we've had so much rubbish on and off the pitch to put up with over the past few years can we not enjoy a good win in the cup against a decent side who are top of our league ? Did you not want us to win the match ?
    Of course I wanted us to win, I for one love the FA cup.

My post was aimed at those who feel they are holier than thou for going, and there are plenty on this thread.
  • Just watched the highlights, Rudd looked superb and Ademola's first goal was stunning.
  • Second half fantastic cup tie...to be honest mostly down to them making a game of it...oh how i wish we could swap midfields.

Those that stayed away...your loss....

On another day they would have won easily. ..big plus we hung on and enjoy lookman while you can. Minus effing morons in the north lower...you know who you are.

Hope u ain't talking about last week ie Ricky Holmes incident that being honest was embarrassing cos I was the only person in attendance from that game , didn't hear or see anything ie abuse or shouting from anybody .

Not the greatest game flat atmosphere job done .