Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Scunny - Post match views

Comments

• WSS said:

Pirate Day at The Valley?

Absolute goon. Says things that just mean nothing
  • BR3red said:

Great result but pathetic from our fans. I get the whole thing about staying away but no excuse with the % distribution of ticket sales in the fa cup. If we do blag it to the 3rd round and get an away tie at arse for eg, are the stayways going to maintain their stance of not lining Roland's Pocket. Of course not. Today was the day when people could come back to the valley, without fear of giving that Belgium cunt their money and they chose to stay away. Absolutely pathetic.

Playing golf in Portugal - sorry
    Whereabouts mate?
    Vilamoura- fantastic golf courses (and weather)

Re previous post about shouting I presume it had something to do with your user name...;-)
  • Not played any of the V courses unfortunately. Don't think you're too far from from San Lorenzo which is a must if you can get on.
  • Great to be back for a game. Thought it was a very good display. Lookman goal was out of this world. Scunthorpe are the best League 1 side I have seen. There manager was dressed like he was going out for dinner. Strange. Fox and Croft are perfectly fine. It fact Croft makes us play. Will ignore what the haters say now having seen them for myself. The most encouraging thing for me was we weathered the storm twice and managed to that get a grip of the game and impose our way of play. Feel for Nicky. He can play but is lacking confidence. For me he is a ten / in the whole. He is not a natural reader of flick ons. Back at Christmas. Confident we can be in play-offs by then playing like that.
  • edited November 2016
    Win feels good, but what was the logic in not resting Holmes? If he's injured for next week, Jackson and Foley will be our widemen.
  • terrific win .. should set us up nicely for the rest of the season and a PROMOTION push
  • Best performance of the season against the best team we have played.Very good cup tie.Some good performances including Fox who was our best defender in first half.Lookman showed his quality again and gut feeling is that Ajose will start scoring soon and go on a good run.Need to keep this good run going even against Colchester in a meaningless game.Hope Holmes is fit for Swindon
  • cracking game and we won.

First half was even with both sides creating chances but we took ours and after we scored (beauty from Ade) we could have had a few more.

The bloke who no longer has anything to offer had a very good game, was involved and fully deserved his goal. He had a headed chance late on and was trying to play others in.

Second half they battered us for 20 mins, scored one and could have had 4 or 5 but we held on.

You can see why Scunny are top, slick passing, create chances and work hard. Oh for their no.8 Dawson in our midfield.

As the game went on there was more space as Scunny went for it and we exploited that. We had a few chances and finally put one away to effectively kill the game off.

Rudd had a lot to do but did it well, Lookman was sharp going forward but he's not a defender, Jackson was good but should have come off earlier. Foley looks far more comfortable at FB and Fox did well against a rampant attack.

Ajose was very busy but not very effective, Konsa made a few mistakes and didnt have a good day.

Daisy didn't stand up for the first two goals, she did for the third.

"Crowd" hardly made a noise despite the performance. North Lower was very sparse.

Nigel Atkins was there in the posh seats. Brian McDermott was there in with the scouts.

Shame such a good game was played out in such a bland and 85% empty stadium but that is our future unless this regime goes.

The team looked better and we have some momentum for the league. When we get to Wembley and all you glory hunters appear I can see I was there when it all began. Thanks to my Scunny mate for the free tickets
  • Glad I went.
  • Sponsored links:

• Huh? We won? Huh? In the cup?

Were Scunny up for it or were they focusing on promotion?
  • Enjoyed that. Rudd mom for me though Lookman won it in the lounges (and my son presented the Champagne)

Cracking goals and thoroughly entertaining game - Scunny are a decent side tbf
  • Nadou said:

Glad I went.

Me too. Thrilling and played some nice stuff. Lookman's first fantastic. Nice to see Jacko score. Rudd some great saves. Scunthorpe had their chances and on another day.... Pretty sure Diego Poyet was there ... although what that means I don't know...
  • edited November 2016

Nice to see Slade pull a mini-Luzon.
  • I know we have to get over it and all that... Blah blah

but seeing the EFL roundup and Callum is congratulating Yann at Reading and both looking really happy really pisses me off...

#moveonRolandout
  • edited November 2016
    Least this didnt happen to us... Whitehawk v Stourbridge finished 1-1... Should it have ended 2-1 to Whitehawk though, shocking Refereeing, who bloody blows their whistle in that situation?

• Clive Thomas?
  • Least this didnt happen to us... Whitehawk v Stourbridge finished 1-1... Should it have ended 2-1 to Whitehawk though, shocking Refereeing, who bloody blows their whistle in that situation?

Tbf he starts blowing his whistle after the first shot has been blocked and whilst the ball is just looping up in the air away from goal. No way the ref, or anyone, thought the player was going to do that. Just bad luck.
  • How come the BBC have highlights/goals of all the games except ours..!?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37879461
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

Least this didnt happen to us... Whitehawk v Stourbridge finished 1-1... Should it have ended 2-1 to Whitehawk though, shocking Refereeing, who bloody blows their whistle in that situation?

Tbf he starts blowing his whistle after the first shot has been blocked and whilst the ball is just looping up in the air away from goal. No way the ref, or anyone, thought the player was going to do that. Just bad luck.
    What did the Ref think the player was going to do... Just wave at it?

The ball was going to come down and was going to be instantly struck, maybe Football should follow the lead of Rugby and a match only ends ONCE the ball goes out of play... Sadly that wont ever happen because Football is the ultimate sport and cant be seen to be copying any inferior sports
  • edited November 2016
    cafc-west said:

How come the BBC have highlights/goals of all the games except ours..!?

There are quite a few that havent been released as yet... The fact though they've produced Dagenham 0-0 Halifax before a few though...

Guess it depends how quick they get their hands on the footage
  • cafc-west said:

There are quite a few that havent been released as yet... The fact though they've produced Dagenham 0-0 Halifax before a few though...

Don't tell me it's more censorship :wink: .
  • draw is monday at 7.10 pm on BT Sport, we will be ball 37
  • edited November 2016
    RedChaser said:

cafc-west said:

Don't tell me it's more censorship :wink: .
    Its because KM and TC are still trying to edit in thousands more fans onto the empty seats using photoshop. They're up to 3500 now. Should be available for the 5.30 show tomorrow.