Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Scunny - Post match views

Comments

• Good result, and seeing that both sides put out fairly strong teams, a confidence booster that we can push on in this league and that Scunthorpe can be caught

I was following from Princes Park as Dartford lost 6-3 to Sutton Utd!
  • Good game between two evenly matched sides...not going to say anymore because if you really wanted to know you would have gone.

Going to do a longer post / thread later on the merits or not of boycotting games. I never boycotted going to Selhurst in the mid - late 80's and not going to start boycotting games at The Valley

Not saying I agree with the Regime, far from it, but I believe the team deserve our support.

The problem is going to home games means you also support the regime, financially. They're getting their bit from me by charging me their standard £2.50 admin charge for away games. You have to respect everyone's choice and if that means boycotting so be it.
  • Delighted, Rd 2 away somewhere silly please and then R3 nice big away somewhere north.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased I went as it was a reasonably entertaining game and a team that was much better than I'd expected given what I'd been reading online.

Off the pitch I was surprised at the sparse numbers in the Anchor and Hope before the game and The Bugle Horn afterward, I was equally surprised at the numbers queuing for a drink in the West Stand Bar at half time. Obviously many aren't bothered about putting money into Roland's pocket.

I can't remember seeing so few people walking down Floyd Road on a Saturday match day. I've to seen the attendance figure but the club definitely made the right call in only opening the two areas.

Good result, decent performance. Maybe I'll go again one day!
  • We've won back to back home matches but people still want to come on here and argue. Keep up the off field protests but enjoy a home win and chill

10 mins into the game
  • masicat said:

Don't give a toss. Meaningless game which does not contribute to survival in the league one jot. RD out.

Oh shut up.
    Kiss my arse.
  • Overall a good performance.

Pros

- Magennis chasing down everything, he really reminds me of Yann in that aspect of his game
    - Lookman was superb, completely changed the game with two goals, had a decent chance for a hat-trick towards the end
    - Ulvestad is turning into part of the solution to our problem in the middle of the park, he was wxcdlldng again. yesterday

Cons

- Foley is genuinely terrible
    - Holmes, do we know the extent of his injury yet ? I was surprised Slade picked him yesterday and had Lookman on the bench when he knew he'll have Holmes but not Lookman next week, he might not have either now.

10 mins into the game

A picture tells a story just as well as, if not better than, a lot of written words. Sad times indeed :disappointed: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Wxcdlldng evidently
  • edited November 2016

Sounds like a well earned 3 points which will keep us in touch with our promotion contenders and a 6 pointer against our rival for league Champion. Hats off to Fraeye and the lads.

"It doesn't matter what happened in the game - we got the three points."
    Wayne Bridge gets confused after winning the Carling Cup final with Chelsea.
  • Another reason I enjoyed the match was sitting with different supporters (no offense to my near neighbours in Upper West of course).
    One of them supported the team in Jimmy Seed's day, and was was quite surprised when he heard I'm his grandson.
    There was talk about the regime and the protests, with a few people taking the 'devil you know' line.

So will Slade now attempt a more attacking set up away from home? We need to start winning away if we want a promotion push.