Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Scunny - Post match views

Comments

• Wasn't there but , credit where due. Scunthorpe played their first team, and we came away winning 3-1 . So perhaps we are turning into a more cohesive team, than I watched a few weeks back. A win next week, could start to convince even the firm dis-believers. At the end of the day this is a poor leauge, and being in the top six of it, should not be beyond this squad.
  • edited November 2016

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Yes second half....we're you there

No we're you at Port Vale? And Scunny away?
    RedChaser said:

Well shut up then... I only comments at games I have been too...we're you at bury and Oxford did you work a night shift last night are you going in to do a 12 hour night shift now....well I did and am but still went....
    Good for you. Calm yourself down, what you going off on one for? Your initial reaction at the game was not favourable, just goes to show how fortunes can change during a game, chill.
    I am very chilled ....
    Well I'd hate to read your posts when you're upset. You must admit your reaction of 'we are not interested' early on, to 'those that stayed away, it's your loss' was a classic case of don't speak too soon. Anyway glad you enjoyed the game in the end.
  • edited November 2016
  • True Gary. ..pedantic buffoons picking on spelling errors
  • HandG said:

Sounds like our defence did well again then? Second best in the league for a reason?

Are we starting to see the season turn a bit?

Good question - I think you should ask again this time next Saturday.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Well shut up then... I only comments at games I have been too...we're you at bury and Oxford did you work a night shift last night are you going in to do a 12 hour night shift now....well I did and am but still went....
    Good for you. Calm yourself down, what you going off on one for? Your initial reaction at the game was not favourable, just goes to show how fortunes can change during a game, chill.
    I am very chilled ....
    Well I'd hate to read your posts when you're upset. You must admit your reaction of 'we are not interested' early on, to 'those that stayed away, it's your loss' was a classic case of don't speak too soon. Anyway glad you enjoyed the game in the end.
    I clearly stated second half ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't there but , credit where due. Scunthorpe played their first team, and we came away winning 3-1 . So perhaps we are turning into a more cohesive team, than I watched a few weeks back. A win next week, could start to convince even the firm dis-believers. At the end of the day this is a poor leauge, and being in the top six of it, should not be beyond this squad.

Turning into a cohesive team?

You haven't been to the last 2 league games.

Agree about the league being poor though
  • Be careful mate you may get someone called 99 asking to explain yourself.
  • BR3red said:

Will give them confidence no doubt though.

Also if RD is here for another 3 years, you do need a CAFC win every now and again....

Maybe I am old school but I like the FA cup, win the next Cup game and we may actually get a top draw in the 3rd round.

It was so depressing going to see the awful football away to The Gills in the League and last weeks terrible win.

From the sounds of it was a good game, we don't see many of those.

I agree that RD needs to go but you have to have some entertainment in the meantime.

This is Charlton don't forget - if we don't get Huddersfield, we'll probably get Palace.
  • RedChaser said:

Does anyone know if cup highlights are on tv anywhere later please?

Terrestrial it's on BBC2 tomorrow at 5.30pm.
    Thanks.

• Great result but pathetic from our fans. I get the whole thing about staying away but no excuse with the % distribution of ticket sales in the fa cup. If we do blag it to the 3rd round and get an away tie at arse for eg, are the stayways going to maintain their stance of not lining Roland's Pocket. Of course not. Today was the day when people could come back to the valley, without fear of giving that Belgium cunt their money and they chose to stay away. Absolutely pathetic.

No need to shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great result but pathetic from our fans. I get the whole thing about staying away but no excuse with the % distribution of ticket sales in the fa cup. If we do blag it to the 3rd round and get an away tie at arse for eg, are the stayways going to maintain their stance of not lining Roland's Pocket. Of course not. Today was the day when people could come back to the valley, without fear of giving that Belgium cunt their money and they chose to stay away. Absolutely pathetic.

Playing golf in Portugal - sorry
  • BR3red said:

Will give them confidence no doubt though.

Also if RD is here for another 3 years, you do need a CAFC win every now and again....

Maybe I am old school but I like the FA cup, win the next Cup game and we may actually get a top draw in the 3rd round.

It was so depressing going to see the awful football away to The Gills in the League and last weeks terrible win.

From the sounds of it was a good game, we don't see many of those.

I agree that RD needs to go but you have to have some entertainment in the meantime.

This is Charlton don't forget - if we don't get Huddersfield, we'll probably get Palace.
    I know, I know, went to the Huddersfield games.

But I know that it wasn't the FA cup but the game at Stamford Bridge will live long in my memory.

You never know....
  • masicat said:

Don't give a toss. Meaningless game which does not contribute to survival in the league one jot. RD out.

Oh shut up.
    Nope, that's not how we play with others. Be nice
  • BR3red said:

Great result but pathetic from our fans. I get the whole thing about staying away but no excuse with the % distribution of ticket sales in the fa cup. If we do blag it to the 3rd round and get an away tie at arse for eg, are the stayways going to maintain their stance of not lining Roland's Pocket. Of course not. Today was the day when people could come back to the valley, without fear of giving that Belgium cunt their money and they chose to stay away. Absolutely pathetic.

Playing golf in Portugal - sorry
    Whereabouts mate?
  • WSS said:

Great result but pathetic from our fans. I get the whole thing about staying away but no excuse with the % distribution of ticket sales in the fa cup. If we do blag it to the 3rd round and get an away tie at arse for eg, are the stayways going to maintain their stance of not lining Roland's Pocket. Of course not. Today was the day when people could come back to the valley, without fear of giving that Belgium cunt their money and they chose to stay away. Absolutely pathetic.

No need to shout.
    What does that even mean???!!!
    Whoosh
  • Cracking game that started off with us under a bit of pressure. Holmes was quite busy and should have had a penalty when he was clipped making run past the defender. Then an injury forced Holmes off seeing Lookman take his place and probably against the run of play scored the first with a stunning left foot curler past the keeper into top corner of the net. Another piece of skill saw Lookman set up the second with JJ drilling the loose ball past the keeper. Scunthorpe came out for the second half all guns blazing and Rudd first saved a one on one with his legs before saving another with his feet during a goal mouth scramble. Eventually Scunthorpe pressure brought a goal when Hopper scored with his head at the near post from a corner. The game was killed off with a move that started off deep in our half with Crofts releasing Ulvestad who drove to the edge of the box before releasing the perfect lay off for Lookman to prod home a shot that deflected in off the keeper. Overall a very entertaining game with both sides going for it. Magennis put in another shift having one header tipped over the bar and winning plenty of headers. Bring on Bolton in the 2nd round!
  • great game ajose was pants again and everyone else played well and the west stand was like a morgue and i thoroughly enjoyed my experience coming over from the east stand. slade has to learn the players have to be hungry to play and ajose clearly is not and lookman clearly was. magennis is taking the kermorgant role of holder header provider he is a real asset . jackson is a legend and patrick bauer is essential in defence as is rudd and slade showed intent in his line up so well done for that . all goals were superb and what a great performance in front of goal (except for ajose) looking forward to swindon next week
  • Nice moment when Lookman had scored his first from a cracker of a shot, as we were celebrating the goal they showed the goal on the big screen and the charlton fans stopped celebrating to watch in silence and then gave a collective 'ooaaarrr' when it went in again
  • Pirate Day at The Valley?