Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marching on together: protests at the Coventry game

Comments

• Suggested he needs to drink more?
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Scoham said:

@Davo55 - I've looked at that one and can only see the CARD response. I guess I'm being a complete tit but I still can't see the KM initial email.

I can't see it either, which thread and page is it on?
    Well thank fuck for that - it's not just me.
    I can't find it either. The closest I found was the comments hidden away at the bottom of the Mail article:

A Charlton Athetic spokesperson confirmed the club has written to CARD to invite the group to meet with the club's Senior Management Team at The Valley: 'Everyone at Charlton Athletic, whether staff or fans, have the club’s best interests at heart.

'Last season we made numerous mistakes on and off the pitch which resulted in relegation and disengaged fans. Over the summer we have worked hard to start rebuilding the club. We recruited Russell Slade, an experienced, British manager, and proven players who know the league. We want to rebuild the club with the help and support of our fans.

'Already this season we’ve increased our engagement with fans, we’ve hosted a Meet The Manager evening for season ticket holders and the club’s CEO Katrien Meire has hosted Q&A sessions on matchdays with various official fan groups. These are in addition to our regular meetings with fans via the Fans Forum and the Target 20k group.

'While we respect CARD’s right to protest, we are concerned that they have chosen to restart their protests and call for disruptive actions during matchdays. The manager and the players will need all the support they can get to give Charlton Athletic the best opportunity to challenge for promotion to the Championship this season. With this in-mind we have requested a meeting with CARD to look at how we can potentially begin working with them on a process of rebuilding this great club.'
    Thanks Neil!

Sadly no more CL for me at the moment as Mr Tatters is complaining that tea is late.....
    Tell him to buy to takeaway! Welcome to 2016 ;)
    Mr Tatters is older than me and I know my place.
    Can you have a word with my wife?!
    Funny you should say that but she's already contacted me about your drinking at away matches. She's much more generous than you and has offered to buy a round.
    I think you have won this little joust.
  • @Davo55 - I've looked at that one and can only see the CARD response. I guess I'm being a complete tit but I still can't see the KM initial email.

Sorry @Arsenetatters and all, my mistake.

It WAS appended to the end of the draft when we were working on it earlier, but was omitted from that posted. I'll see if I can retrieve and post it.

Signed Davo "complete tit" 55
  • Davo55 said:

@Davo55 - I've looked at that one and can only see the CARD response. I guess I'm being a complete tit but I still can't see the KM initial email.

It WAS appended to the end of the draft when we were working on it earlier, but was omitted from that posted. I'll see if I can retrieve and post it.

Righty ho. I now understand why this wasn't posted - there is a legal disclaimer on her email that it may not be used, copied, shared etc. May be bollocks but not worth taking the risk over publishing, so we dropped it. However, if you read the bottom part of the Daily Mail article it is word for word except for an opening line and suggested dates for a meeting (all before the Coventry game, would you believe!).
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Righty ho. I now understand why this wasn't posted - there is a legal disclaimer on her email that it may not be used, copied, shared etc. May be bollocks but not worth taking the risk over publishing, so we dropped it. However, if you read the bottom part of the Daily Mail article it is word for word except for an opening line and suggested dates for a meeting (all before the Coventry game, would you believe!).
    Ah that makes sense - thanks @Davo55.
  • Complete bollocks that disclaimer by the sounds of it.

As you say though probably not worth the risk given the timescales involved.
  • Complete bollocks that disclaimer by the sounds of it.

As you say though probably not worth the risk given the timescales involved.

Must be right - she's a lawyer
  • Very successful no real qualifications lawyer. *

Please note that this statement cannot be relied upon by any party, should not be acted upon by any party and should not be considered in any decisions whatsoever. Sharing this view may be considered libellous or slanderous depending upon the context and professional legal advice should be sought before repeating the personal view of an acquaintance of the poster. Do not share or redistribute this post as it is confidential and may, if I have bothered to have a lawyer type it for me, be legally privileged.
  • Where are people buying in the lower west?
  • I hear Greenwich village is quite nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Where are people buying in the lower west?

Wherever you can, really. Prime spots will be as close to the Directors box as possible or close to the pitch.
  • Have you tried looking at the online availability of seats?

There are a few areas that are unavailable due to season ticket holders and comps which are marked with an X, unavailable.

There are seats available in green and those that are booked already, by I think non-season ticket holders in grey.
  • Hahaha I had no idea how expensive a place there may be and have just had a look.

USD 1.65m gets you a big one bedroom apartment.
  • I was just getting 'best available' and no other options, but that might be because I'm on a phone. Given the incompetence of the club 'best available' probably gets you in the directors box.
  • I've only ever been able to pick seats when I use the computer, doesn't work on the phone just get 'best available' option
  • CARD merchandise
    Any t-shirts, hoodies, available for next week?
  • black and white scarves available on ebay or the stall opposite the club shop
  • Why Cov

I would be over come with urges to fight them I hate Cov have I ever mentioned it before
  • Why Cov

I would be over come with urges to fight them I hate Cov have I ever mentioned it before

Cov are my second team, I lived there for a few years. Why the extreme dislike?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why Cov

You have, some sort of bother in the past up there IIRC.

But the question "Why Cov?" is obvious - they are the only other team in our division with owners at war with their fans. We may be fighting different enemies, but our aims are the same - to rid our respective clubs of incompetent owners who have no respect for our clubs. Both of us groups of fans have a long way to go on this IMO, but it is a necessary part of any fight that you get support and encouragement. It should boost our morale, seeing support from another club's fans; and it should do the same thing for Coventry fans.

After watching the Defeat for a Fiver I was kicking myself for buying tickets to this game (though not in the right place...). I'm now looking forward to it, as there may even be some atmosphere.
  • CARD merchandise
    Any t-shirts, hoodies, available for next week?

Few items still available from the stall in Ransom Road. Pretty sure t-shirts sold out, not certain re hoodies, definitely some sweatshirts available.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Scoham said:

I can't see it either, which thread and page is it on?
    Well thank fuck for that - it's not just me.
    I can't find it either. The closest I found was the comments hidden away at the bottom of the Mail article:

A Charlton Athetic spokesperson confirmed the club has written to CARD to invite the group to meet with the club's Senior Management Team at The Valley: 'Everyone at Charlton Athletic, whether staff or fans, have the club’s best interests at heart.

'Last season we made numerous mistakes on and off the pitch which resulted in relegation and disengaged fans. Over the summer we have worked hard to start rebuilding the club. We recruited Russell Slade, an experienced, British manager, and proven players who know the league. We want to rebuild the club with the help and support of our fans.

'Already this season we’ve increased our engagement with fans, we’ve hosted a Meet The Manager evening for season ticket holders and the club’s CEO Katrien Meire has hosted Q&A sessions on matchdays with various official fan groups. These are in addition to our regular meetings with fans via the Fans Forum and the Target 20k group.

'While we respect CARD’s right to protest, we are concerned that they have chosen to restart their protests and call for disruptive actions during matchdays. The manager and the players will need all the support they can get to give Charlton Athletic the best opportunity to challenge for promotion to the Championship this season. With this in-mind we have requested a meeting with CARD to look at how we can potentially begin working with them on a process of rebuilding this great club.'
    Thanks Neil!

Sadly no more CL for me at the moment as Mr Tatters is complaining that tea is late.....
    Tell him to buy to takeaway! Welcome to 2016 ;)
    Mr Tatters is older than me and I know my place.
    Can you have a word with my wife?!
    You've got a wife? Jeez!
  • rananegra said:

Why Cov

You have, some sort of bother in the past up there IIRC.

But the question "Why Cov?" is obvious - they are the only other team in our division with owners at war with their fans. We may be fighting different enemies, but our aims are the same - to rid our respective clubs of incompetent owners who have no respect for our clubs. Both of us groups of fans have a long way to go on this IMO, but it is a necessary part of any fight that you get support and encouragement. It should boost our morale, seeing support from another club's fans; and it should do the same thing for Coventry fans.

After watching the Defeat for a Fiver I was kicking myself for buying tickets to this game (though not in the right place...). I'm now looking forward to it, as there may even be some atmosphere.
    I get the link as to why but on a personal level its ffs why Cov I hate fucking Cov and this will mean I can't hate fucking Cov

I love the ricoh it's a pucka place, do loads of work there the people I work with there are blinding

But I still fucking hate Coventry can't help ot poxy fucking Coventry
  • There is a lot of chat on another forum (mainly from those kicked off here admittedly) saying that things could get nasty at the Coventry match, either from aggressive stewarding or aggressive anti-protest fans. It would be a huge shame were this to happen and massively detrimental to not only protests but the club as a whole.

Is this just playground bluster or is it something that CARD and protesters need to be conscious of?
  • Aggressive anti-protest fans?

Sounds like a tautology.

I am going to violently protest against your protest.
  • Aggressive anti-protest fans?

Sounds like a tautology.

I am going to violently protest against your protest.

I object to your protest against my anti-protest. I think.
  • I think pro-regime people have been bigging up the "it could kick off" argument, certainly I heard it from people last week. It could but hopefully it won't.
    It depends on what is planned, but unless someone is actively trying to prevent someone going to their seat, I'd expect cooler heads to prevail.
  • edited October 2016
    mogodon said:

There is a lot of chat on another forum (mainly from those kicked off here admittedly) saying that things could get nasty at the Coventry match, either from aggressive stewarding or aggressive anti-protest fans. It would be a huge shame were this to happen and massively detrimental to not only protests but the club as a whole.

Is this just playground bluster or is it something that CARD and protesters need to be conscious of?

That lot are all talk.. they were talking about anti-card at the Northampton game.. nothing happened...