Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marching on together: protests at the Coventry game

Comments

• I haven't been to a match this season and wasn't going to Coventry match either until Meire tried to undermine the protests with her PR stunt of offering a meeting with CARD then immediately taking this offer to the press.

I just tried to order on line but couldn't log in so I clicked on 'forgotten password' three separate occasions and am still waiting. Tried to re register but it wouldn't let me as my email is registered! Perhaps they are aware of my body odour and flatulence problems. Anyway, I got around it by creating a new email.

I will be staying with family as it is a 500 mile round trip. The sad thing is that despite Mrs TT travelling with me and her love of Charlton, she refused to get a ticket as she doesn't want a penny of her money going to the regime saying that she can no longer identify players or has any attachment with the club as it now stands. She will happily attend the protest but I will be undertaking up my seat in the West Lower for the both of us. I hated the process of pressing that payment button but it had to be done. At least I might be able to buy @Arsenetatters that drink I promised even though Roland hasn't gone yet.

I wonder if Meire and Roland have any idea of just how hated they are that someone would drive 10 hours+ to protest at what they have done to our club that they wont hand over any money to watch the match despite following them all over the country and even abroad. The regime need to be made aware of the depth of feeling that they have generated against their actions. They still don't appear to get it. Maybe they will at 5pm on the 15th?

That's kind of you @TellyTubby. I've got a Rochdale prog saved for you (well @ElfsborgAddick has got it at the mo - via Seth's brother Ollie as I wasn't at the game....) I'll probably pick it up midweek and stick it in the post incase it gets creased during the protests!
    Perhaps I deserve a drink then for getting the prog......
    It would be rude of me not to. PM me your details and we can see what can be sorted.
    Aaaaaggh, thanks for that but I was only joking amigo.

I'm groundhopping Dorking Wanderers v Chatham next Saturday anyway.
    And I thought I was on for a date.
  • I haven't been to a match this season and wasn't going to Coventry match either until Meire tried to undermine the protests with her PR stunt of offering a meeting with CARD then immediately taking this offer to the press.

I just tried to order on line but couldn't log in so I clicked on 'forgotten password' three separate occasions and am still waiting. Tried to re register but it wouldn't let me as my email is registered! Perhaps they are aware of my body odour and flatulence problems. Anyway, I got around it by creating a new email.

I will be staying with family as it is a 500 mile round trip. The sad thing is that despite Mrs TT travelling with me and her love of Charlton, she refused to get a ticket as she doesn't want a penny of her money going to the regime saying that she can no longer identify players or has any attachment with the club as it now stands. She will happily attend the protest but I will be undertaking up my seat in the West Lower for the both of us. I hated the process of pressing that payment button but it had to be done. At least I might be able to buy @Arsenetatters that drink I promised even though Roland hasn't gone yet.

I wonder if Meire and Roland have any idea of just how hated they are that someone would drive 10 hours+ to protest at what they have done to our club that they wont hand over any money to watch the match despite following them all over the country and even abroad. The regime need to be made aware of the depth of feeling that they have generated against their actions. They still don't appear to get it. Maybe they will at 5pm on the 15th?

That's kind of you @TellyTubby. I've got a Rochdale prog saved for you (well @ElfsborgAddick has got it at the mo - via Seth's brother Ollie as I wasn't at the game....) I'll probably pick it up midweek and stick it in the post incase it gets creased during the protests!
    It would be rude of me not to. PM me your details and we can see what can be sorted.

Try Tinder!
  • Really looking forward to this!! Let's cause some chaos!!!

Would have been the most expensive date ever. Elfs is so tight he wouldn't give you the drippings of his nose.
  • Rightly so, there's good eating in nose drippings.
  • Rightly so, there's good eating in nose drippings.

Takes me back to when I was a kid!

Would have been the most expensive date ever. Elfs is so tight he wouldn't give you the drippings of his nose.
    Turn it in Otto, how many did I buy before the Oldham game?
  • When you used to run that nose dropping stall out in the playground?
  • Sponsored links:

Credit where it's due. You did indeed buy 2 rounds.

Credit where it's due. You did indeed buy 2 rounds.
  • You know there's a button for that right?
  • I've given Ricky_otto a like there when I wouldn't have, come on Elf, play the game.
  • I've given Ricky_otto a like there when I wouldn't have, come on Elf, play the game.

Otto has a ridiculous amount of likes and lol's.

I am not going to add to the official tally.

Otto and me understand each other though.

My point entirely.

He even inboxed me when I flagged him ffs!
  • edited October 2016

I've given Ricky_otto a like there when I wouldn't have, come on Elf, play the game.

My point entirely.

Can you two get a room?! Your public flirting is a little unsettling!
  • Aint gonna happen mate. Guess we Brits just aren't made for the sort of action you are advocating. Will be there but don't think for one minute Roland will lose any sleep over whatever happens on the day.
  • edited October 2016
    Could easily happen and would be the right fixture for it as JM says. Just a bit of organisation mixed with some opportunism and could easily happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• If so many want to protest but don't like to give money to the owners, why doesn't everyone just get together and storm the turnstiles?
    Break into the ground and abandon the match.
    Stop being soft about it all - cause chaos.

This joint protest with Coventry fans is a golden opportunity. Both sets of fans just HAVE TO get the game called off because the Football League might finally sit up and take notice of where their slothenly approach to the Fit and Proper Person's Test is leading. Regarding the media: they might say that the fans have gone too far, that it's not the right way to go about it etc etc but do you think that they could actually give a way to go about it that we haven't tried already?

Best idea yet

My point entirely.

Can you two get a room?! Your public flirting is a little unsettling!
    We've got one but you keep, coming in to it. You're old enough to sleep on your own now.....and with the lights off.
  • edited October 2016
    I reckon Katrien won't be there Saturday
  • _nam11 said:

I think she will as there is a meet the bromley fans before the match. If she doesn't appear, great. There should be a protest arranged for every match.

Having said that she doesn't actually do anything on a matchday so her absence would have no effect.
  • _nam11 said:

She'll be there OK surrounded by her hired thugs smirking away.

Time to wipe the smirk off her face.
  • boggzy said:

Sorry for the negative post, I will attend the march, but it's absolutely NOT worth breaking a boycott for - and encouraging people to give the club money - on principle.

I disagree Ricky. I think breaking the boycott sends out a signal to potential owners that the support is there and ready to back the club under new owners.
    It also sends out a signal in advance of the next home game where we go back to [actual] gates of eight or nine thousand. The difference in attendance and atmosphere will be telling.
    It also fundamentally shows the depth of feeling over the current fiasco.

• I think the advice to those who normally sit in the directors box should be don't sit anywhere near Nightmeire this week!

"Can I sit here Sue?"
    "No, sorry oh-mighty-one, I'm reserving that seat for one of Chris' friends, but I do love you very much!"

"Tony, alright if I share your company this afternoon (no pun intended)?"
    "Ah, yes, er no, er, yes, er, no, errrrm, oh-mighty-one, there might be a problem with that seat I think; must ask Mick to look into it. Please, just in case it breaks, don't use that one, there are plenty of others I see, but only if it's OK with you? Sorry, er, please, erm, thanks."

"This OK Keith?"
    "Sure, oh-mighty-one, but I've just got to have a chat with Bob Bolder - be back later!"

"Paul, I mean Mr Elliott. Is it OK if I join you this afternoon?"
    "Sorry *£@%*$! The time for talking was last year. Just go!"

"Oh well, Mr Security guy, you're stuck with me again this week....crash helmets and earpieces on!"
  • Pedro45 said:

I think the advice to those who normally sit in the directors box should be don't sit anywhere near Nightmeire this week!

"Can I sit here Sue?"
    "No, sorry oh-mighty-one, I'm reserving that seat for one of Chris' friends, but I do love you very much!"

"Tony, alright if I share your company this afternoon (no pun intended)?"
    "Ah, yes, er no, er, yes, er, no, errrrm, oh-mighty-one, there might be a problem with that seat I think NLA is sitting there; must ask Mick to look into it. Please, just in case it breaks, don't use that one, there are plenty of others I see, but only if it's OK with you? Sorry, er, please, erm, thanks."

"This OK Keith?"
    "Sure, oh-mighty-one, but I've just got to have a chat with Bob Bolder - be back later!"

"Paul, I mean Mr Elliott. Is it OK if I join you this afternoon?"
    "Sorry *£@%*$! The time for talking was last year. Just go!"

"Oh well, Mr Security guy, you're stuck with me again this week....crash helmets and earpieces on!"

;)
  • edited October 2016
    jdmotion said:

boggzy said:

Sorry for the negative post, I will attend the march, but it's absolutely NOT worth breaking a boycott for - and encouraging people to give the club money - on principle.

I disagree Ricky. I think breaking the boycott sends out a signal to potential owners that the support is there and ready to back the club under new owners.
    It also sends out a signal in advance of the next home game where we go back to [actual] gates of eight or nine thousand. The difference in attendance and atmosphere will be telling.
    It also fundamentally shows the depth of feeling over the current fiasco.

Agreed, Despite really not wanting to i have just bought a ticket to add my voice to the protest inside and outside the ground

• mogodon said:

There is a lot of chat on another forum (mainly from those kicked off here admittedly) saying that things could get nasty at the Coventry match, either from aggressive stewarding or aggressive anti-protest fans. It would be a huge shame were this to happen and massively detrimental to not only protests but the club as a whole.

Is this just playground bluster or is it something that CARD and protesters need to be conscious of?

Pathetic if true.

Luckily there should only be 7 or 8 of them tops and the likes of whom probably aren't very scary.