Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Root gone
  • Great kiss
  • Great partnership and fightback by Rooty and Mo.

Watch that'll be the kiss of death !
    New ball taken now - at least they are opening their bowling with the quicks !

Wicket to The President.
    Root out in slightly controversial circumstances for a superb 124.

281-4
  • What Yadav did there is what players tend to do in practice when catching the ball thrown to them in say a net situation- juggle with it and then catch it at the 5th attempt. Given that he then dropped it (having mad an initial attempt to catch it), there has to be a serious question as to whether he actually had the ball under control.

Of course, the situation isn't helped by the fact that the on field umpire had given the soft signal as "out".
  • 311-4 at close off 93 overs. Moeen stuck on an excellent 99* (192) and Stokes 19* (41)

First time in 20 innings that an opposition team has scored 300 plus in India. Last one was Australia in 2013.

England well and truly on top especially if our middle and lower order perform as they have in the last year or so - apart from against Bangladesh in the last Test of course.
  • very good performance. need to follow it through tomorrow
  • edited November 2016

311-4 at close off 93 overs. Moeen stuck on an excellent 99* (192) and Stokes 19* (41)

First time in 20 innings that an opposition team has scored 300 plus in India. Last one was Australia in 2013.

England well and truly on top especially if our middle and lower order perform as they have in the last year or so - apart from against Bangladesh in the last Test of course.

With our best batting still to come we should post 500+. Good to see some of our lesser lights contributing for a change.
  • By lesser lights you mean our best batsman and our most in-form batsman?
  • edited November 2016
    Leuth said:

By lesser lights you mean our best batsman and our most in-form batsman?

I know it's been a difficult morning for you Leuth but ....wooooooshhhhh :smile:

Anyway its nice if our top order to chip in. It's been a while.
  • I probably need a nap tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• CHGCHG
    edited November 2016
    Very good day for our batters. Ali is the 15th test batsmen 99* overnight, the previous 14 have all gone on to score a ton. He really is turning into a great little alrounder.
  • How will India bowl at him first over tomorrow? I reckon new ball, Yadav and bouncers. But we'll see.
  • Good performance that, and batting first might be crucial. Is this the sort of pitch that will deteriorate in days 4 and 5?

A lot of pressure on Rashid and Ansari though, 2 inexperienced Test players against Indian batsmen who will try to dominate them
  • Great partnership and fightback by Rooty and Mo.

Watch that'll be the kiss of death !
    New ball taken now - at least they are opening their bowling with the quicks !

Wicket to The President.
    Yep - i knew it.
    I'll keep my mouth shut.
  • Just watching the highlights. Moeen needs more credit for the way he gets shunted round the order.

Can they really not fill a stadium for test cricket in India?
  • Mo gets hundred, but out bowled leaving one alone outside off stump.
    Stokes 50 not out
  • I notice there's no Dhoni - is he injured?
  • Stokes dropped behind - tough chance for keeper, but should have held it.
    400 up 400-5 Stokes 61 no
  • Stokes dropped behind again ! much simpler chance for keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bairstow gone - caught behind (about time he caught one) for 46.
    Jonny played beautifully - shame he couldnt have gone on
    442-6
  • Lunch 450-6. Ben Stokes 84no
  • fyi Dhoni has long retired from Tests
  • Leuth said:

fyi Dhoni has long retired from Tests

Ah, cheers Leuth. lol.
  • Hoping Stokes can bring up his 100 and his 200 in the next session
  • What a brilliant batting performance. Reckon Stokes has used up all his lives for the rest of the series though :)
  • 537 all out

If the leg spinner, Mishra (1-98), were English some supporters would be all over him like a Rash(id).
  • 537 all out

If the leg spinner, Mishra (1-98), were English some supporters would be all over him like a Rash(id).

Ashwin 2-167 is even worse for their star bowler!
  • 537 all out

Ashwin 2-167 is even worse for their star bowler!
    Yes but Mishra went for more than 4 an over and only got our no. 10 out ;-)

As big a defender of Rashid as I am, not even I would be prepared to stand at short leg or (very) silly mid off for him as in that final over of the day!

63-0 at close so we are still the small matter of 474 ahead.

• I can't believe Gambhir is back opening for them after 4 years, they must have similar problems to England in finding an opener!