Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• 100-0 at tea. 173 more to win.

Duckett 56* (63)
    Cook 39* (75)

Now, assuming they do at last drop Ballance, do they bring in Hameed and upset the "balance" (sorry) of the order or bring Buttler in and bat him at 7 (shifting Ali, Stokes and Bairstow up one).
  • edited October 2016

100-0 at tea. 173 more to win.

Duckett 56* (63)
    Cook 39* (75)

Now, assuming they do at last drop Ballance, do they bring in Hameed and upset the "balance" (sorry) of the order or bring Buttler in and bat him at 7 (shifting Ali, Stokes and Bairstow up one).

In other words, making Buttler keeper?
  • edited October 2016
    So, Cook,Duckett,Root,Bairstow,Stokes,Ali,Buttler,Ansari,Woakes,Broad,Rashid?

thats a strong batting line-up.

And 6 , yes 6, main line bowlers too (well, 5 plus Rashid!) - allegedly.
  • Is this to play against India? We will need to bat deep
  • 100-0 at tea. 173 more to win.

Duckett 56* (63)
    Cook 39* (75)

In other words, making Buttler keeper?
    I would give him the gloves. But then neither are the best keepers in England as we've discussed on here before.
  • So, Cook,Duckett,Root,Bairstow,Stokes,Ali,Buttler,Ansari,Woakes,Broad,Rashid?

thats a strong batting line-up.

And 6 , yes 6, main line bowlers too (well, 5 plus Rashid!) - allegedly.

4-52 ;-)
  • And I know Broad is the senior player but is there anyone who would seriously have him batting above Rashid?
  • And I know Broad is the senior player but is there anyone who would seriously have him batting above Rashid?

He's got a Test century :)

But the Police were involved !
  • Bye, Gary
  • Sponsored links:

• Well I said it two years ago when he had a Test average of 70 - Ballance is THE most limited batsman ever to play International cricket and he would get found out. Well he has.
  • His confidence is shot
  • What has Ballance got to do to get dropped? Moeen now gone, we have gone timid again after a good start from Duckett and Cook. Time for a counter attack.

But has been a rabbit in the headlights since he got hit in the face. He needs to be 11. Only ahead of finn in the current squad for me.
  • When does excessive appealing come in force? Rahim annoys me.
  • 127-5 from 100-0 at tea.

The only way to win this now is to be aggressive and get the field spread - because it's going to be a slow death otherwise.
  • And Bairstow that isn't being aggressive.
  • Mehedi could become the next Murali.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do we have a Saffer commentator ?
  • He's nothing like Murali. Ashwin is a better and more relevant comparison, given what England have next
  • Mehedi could become the next Murali.

At 19 and in just in his second test, the second youngest player to ever take 10 wickets in a test match.
    The world is his Oyster Catfish
  • Leuth said:

He's nothing like Murali. Ashwin is a better and more relevant comparison, given what England have next

I was thinking more along the lines of him being probably their only world class bowler (though they will actually have Fizz too )therefore will always be bowling (even opening the bowling in BD) and maybe could take the number of wickets that Murali has taken - though the fact its BD will likely mean he will play less Tests than Murali.
  • Does show that BD are starting to produce World class players.
  • You can get a good price on England winning this test !

Just saying.
  • You have to hit the bloody ball if you have 7 round the bat!!!!
  • Unlucky review from Rashid to be fair...
  • England doing their best to help the popularity of test cricket in the sub continent !
  • what even spin you try to put on it, chasing over 200 on the Sub continent in the last innings is difficult.
    welcome to the big time, Bangladesh.