Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Leuth said:

Cracking start to the Aus/SA series. On commentary atm: Michael Clarke and Kevin Pietersen o_O

Both of them are hated by their former teammates, so should get on well!
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37870313

What on earth is going on at the BCCI? I thought India was meant to be leading World Cricket these days!
    England's tour of India is "business as usual" despite reports it may be in doubt because of financial issues.

Local newspapers say the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has asked England to pay for their own travel costs because of a court order preventing the execution of contracts.
  • Its called corruption - rife in Indian cricket.
  • Leuth said:

Cracking start to the Aus/SA series. On commentary atm: Michael Clarke and Kevin Pietersen o_O

Both of them are hated by their former teammates, so should get on well!
    Hate is a very strong emotion and I couldn't say I really hate either of them. I do, however, strongly dislike, as much as I can without actually hating that person, one of them and not sure I would be able to sit next to him. So be warned Sky, BT, BBC, C4 etc etc if you want my services please do not expect me to co-commentate with he who shall remain nameless! Not that I've ever commentated, written or done anything professionally in the media in my life so I don't expect the phone to ring too soon.

No issues with Clarke though.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37870322

Steyn out of the series after fracturing his shoulder when bowling. That sounds serious, and shows the stresses of fast bowling
  • Haseeb to open and Duckett to bat at 4.
  • Haseeb to open and Duckett to bat at 4.

Good
  • I'm so frustrated Haseeb didn't open against Bangladesh.

He now goes into his England debut opening on tour against India. I can't think of a harder test for such a young man, and if the pressure is too much for him it could scupper a potentially illustrious career. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Look how it messed up that young Essex opener in 2006.

• Sponsored links:

He now goes into his England debut opening on tour against India. I can't think of a harder test for such a young man, and if the pressure is too much for him it could scupper a potentially illustrious career. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Didnt he get a hundred in his first Test in Nagpur ?

50 in his first innings and 100 in the second. Not a bad start to your international career

50 in his first innings and 100 in the second. Not a bad start to your international career
    I presume Cook had a couple of warm up games though, Hameed is coming in with no practice matches at all
  • Cook was straight off the plane into the team I think. Hameed's at least been out there for a few weeks
  • edited November 2016
    Yer Cook was flown out from the Windies and dropped straight into the side, as I've just found out.

Let's hope Haseeb has the same impact.

I suppose even if he was to flop, it's too early in his career to dismiss him straight away. Would like to see him get 20 tests regardless of how he performs in India.
  • Clearly England were hoping that Duckett with Cook and Ballance at 4 was going to work so that they wouldn't have to call on Hameed. Unfortunately it didn't, and hence why they are chucking him 'in the deep end'. Not ideal.
  • However, they (Bayliss and Farbrace) must think that he is an exceptional prospect - after all, he's only really had one season in Championship.
  • When you look at the failed candidates who have partnered Cook at the top of the order, since Strauss retired it really is quite alarming - Lyth, Compton, Robson, Carberry, Root, Trott, Duckett (though we can spare him), have all been given a go, and none of them have even come close to replacing him.

Hopefully Cookie will hang around for another 3-4 years, and young Haseeb can be groomed as his long term replacement.
  • When you look at the failed candidates who have partnered Cook at the top of the order, since Strauss retired it really is quite alarming - Lyth, Compton, Robson, Carberry, Root, Trott, Duckett (though we can spare him), have all been given a go, and none of them have even come close to replacing him.

Hopefully Cookie will hang around for another 3-4 years, and young Haseeb can be groomed as his long term replacement.

You can add Hales and Moeen to that list!
  • ha ha - knew that I had forgotten other candidates!!

Wouldn't have Hales back in the test team under any circumstances, whilst Ali was a gamble that failed miserably in the UAE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Toss won, we are having a bat
  • 102-3 at lunch

Cook out LBW for 21 (should have reviewed)
    Hameed out LBW for 35 (reviewed and shouldn't have)
    Duckett out caught at slip for 13 last over before lunch (again going very leg side of the ball)
    Root 35*

All the wickets to the spinners (Ashwin 2-35 & Jaadeja 1-26) but three catches dropped off the seamers.
  • edited November 2016
    Root (93 off 144 balls) and Moeen (48 off 95) have put on 107 and taken the score to 209-3 at tea off 64 overs.

If Trump can do it.............................
  • Root reaches another hundred and Moeen another 50.

222-3 and an undefeated partnership of 120
  • If Moeen can really establish himself at 5 we really will have the best balanced side in the world - providing, of course, we can find a top class spinner. In fact, you could almost play my mate Rashy as a matter of course. He will go for a few but he will buy you wickets and if you need to keep things tight then Moeen or Anderson/Broad can keep things tight.

• If Moeen can really establish himself at 5 we really will have the best balanced side in the world - providing, of course, we can find a top class spinner. In fact, you could almost play my mate Rashy as a matter of course. He will go for a few but he will buy you wickets and if you need to keep things tight then Moeen or Anderson/Broad can keep things tight.

Bring back Derek Underwood !
  • Something satisfying about Ashwin looking grumpy.

Probably the same feeling other countries have when Broad is sulking.
  • Great partnership and fightback by Rooty and Mo.

Watch that'll be the kiss of death !
    New ball taken now - at least they are opening their bowling with the quicks !
  • Who said 5-0 !!!!!
    ( I know, its early days ).
  • Great partnership and fightback by Rooty and Mo.

Watch that'll be the kiss of death !
    New ball taken now - at least they are opening their bowling with the quicks !

Wicket to The President.