Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Famous last words, tempting fate etc

But at this stage this slightly reminds me of 2015, when the New Zealand series was meant to be the warm up before the main event of the Australia series, and actually turned into a tougher contest
  • Going back to Hameed's lack of opportunity in the shorter form of the game, I do find it interesting that he has been coached and mentored by his father. It is clear that Hameed's dad has taught his son technique first and hitting the ball second.

Many coaches nowadays do it the other way round - "just go and hit the ball son". And I have to admit that I have been at odds, at times, with one or two of my son's coaches in that respect- because it teaches them to do just that - how to hit the ball and not the correct way to hit it.

The issue then comes when they do it with a lack of technique that becomes so ingrained that it is hard to eradicate. Whereas if the technique is correct in the first place then the runs will come - and in the shorter and longer form too.

• 114-0 at close so 163 ahead. A very good performance all round from us today.
  • Not that we probably will do it bur we should try and score and 100-120 in that first session tomorrow and declare.
  • Cook won't set India any less than about 320 (in under 2 sessions)
  • Bat on, get a psychological win over their spinners. Everyone was fearing the chaos they'd cause, but if we can make them look ordinary, that would be a big confidence boost

It will be good if everyone can score runs in this match
  • Bat on, get a psychological win over their spinners. Everyone was fearing the chaos they'd cause, but if we can make them look ordinary, that would be a big confidence boost

It will be good if everyone can score runs in this match

Boycott agrees with me, use their bowlers for batting practice and wear them out as the next Test starts on Thursday!
  • Boycott would say that though. He loved nothing better than doing that. I just think that it could be a missed opportunity.

What I would hate to see is us giving ourselves a lead of 350 plus and having them 100-8. Because we might not get another opportunity like this in the series.
  • I find that scenario extremely unlikely given the strength of India's batting. I would personally set 300 in 2 sessions, but Cook is allowed to be more conservative.
  • Boycott would say that though. He loved nothing better than doing that. I just think that it could be a missed opportunity.

What I would hate to see is us giving ourselves a lead of 350 plus and having them 100-8. Because we might not get another opportunity like this in the series.

An alternative scenario is India finishing on 200-2 having tonked our spinners around, giving them a nice mental victory before the 2nd Test

If we bat easily tomorrow, there's no reason why they won't do the same
  • Sponsored links:

• CHG said:

I think we have found our opener, very solid technique and more importantly a temprament to match Cooks.

Total agreement but we do need to see him against the real quick bowlers aiming it at his ribs. He has the potential to be there for the next dozen years at least.
    Agree, Shami and Yadav sent a few down at 90, but the pitch is so slow, he just looks the part, like you say, he will be there for a long time hopefully.

An alternative scenario is India finishing on 200-2 having tonked our spinners around, giving them a nice mental victory before the 2nd Test

If we bat easily tomorrow, there's no reason why they won't do the same
    On that basis let's hope we're 80 all out tomorrow - because with Rashy's bowling they'd have no chance of getting almost 250 ;-)

COYR!
  • England declare on 260-3 and set India 310 to win off I believe to be about 48 overs.
  • Edit - 49 overs
  • Great start. Woakes strikes without a run scored.
  • Start the car...
  • Broad drops a sitter off Ansari. Or should I say a "diver".
  • Rashyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Whoops. That didn't look right in real time.

Lol.
  • Sorry 47-2

And it pitched outside leg too but no review.
  • Sponsored links:

• 8 wickets or 261 needed off 31.

As I said yesterday I just hope we don't have them 8 or 9 down and miss a big opportunity here.

As I said yesterday I just hope we don't have them 8 or 9 down and miss a big opportunity here.

We won't
  • Rashyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Fuck me 4 down
  • Something is happening. I don't think we should be too hard on Cook if we don't take all ten btw

You could well be right mate, i owe you an apology i just couldn't see it happening but it just might

You could well be right mate, i owe you an apology i just couldn't see it happening but it just might
    No need to apologise. It's all about opinions.

Anyway bad news for me is that I've got to go out now because Seb has a 1-2-1. And then it's down to Canterbury because he has a group session with Geraint Jones. And yesterday afternoon it was Min Patel's academy with Adam Riley, David Griffiths and the Kent strength and conditioning coach, Adam Taylor. I'm going to be knackered and I'm just the driver!
  • This is a massive partnership for India.

Break this one soon and then it really is game on.

No need to apologise. It's all about opinions.

Anyway bad news for me is that I've got to go out now because Seb has a 1-2-1. And then it's down to Canterbury because he has a group session with Geraint Jones. And yesterday afternoon it was Min Patel's academy with Adam Riley, David Griffiths and the Kent strength and conditioning coach, Adam Taylor. I'm going to be knackered and I'm just the driver!
    Keep it up seb and who knows we might be discussing you on here in years to come