Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Deepest of deep doodoo. Moeen and one of Bairstow and Stokes gonna have to get 150 each here. Can see all out for less than 200 here.
  • Oops here we go
  • I am Root's biggest fan but that was an irresponsible shot added to the mix up with Hasseb. Duckett is yet another product of a county system that allows him to get away with poor technique - non turning wickets and in Division 2 for the longer form of the game.

Now Ali has gone and we are going to regret being so conservative in the last Test - especially as we may not get another chance to win a game in this series. It's all very well saying that this is the first match in the series but why should it be different from say the 4th or 5th? The really good sides go for the win and on that track India didn't have a hope in hell of chasing down 300.
  • Deepest of deep doodoo. Moeen and one of Bairstow and Stokes gonna have to get 150 each here. Can see all out for less than 200 here.

Yep, thought I was being optimistic.
  • India on the ropes as England cruise past 100.
  • all out for 255 - exactly 200 behind - but India dont enforce follow-on.
  • India 17 for 2
  • 98-3 at close, with Kohli motoring along on 56. England will have to bat for at least 4 sessions to win or save the match
  • That's not likely unless somebody kidnaps Ashwin
  • A resume of the day.

India 204 all out (Broad 4-33 & Rashid 4-82)

England requiring 405 to win are 40-0 at tea (Cook 28 off 84 & Boycott Haseeb 12 off 84)

Superb bowling and batting effort from us so far. 365 now needed in 4 sessions or off 120 overs).
  • Sponsored links:

• 73-0 and the even better news is that India have lost both their reviews already.
  • Haseeb out LBW to a pea roller for 25 (144).

75-1
  • I see your mate Rashy got 4
  • Haseeb out LBW to a pea roller for 25 (144).

75-1

Horrible ball!
  • Just been reading about Ben Stokes catch to get rid of Kohli - what a catch - typical Stokes styli.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/cricket/video-catch-englands-ben-stokes-takes-screamer-remove-virat-kohli

Top wicket taker in the series for both sides with 13. Should be a fixture in our side now even at home and with Ali batting at 5 we will have the luxury of having 4 quickies and two front line spinners.

Probably makes us the best balanced side in the world.
  • edited November 2016
    Cook out. Lbw 87-2

Top wicket taker in the series for both sides with 13. Should be a fixture in our side now even at home and with Ali batting at 5 we will have the luxury of having 4 quickies and two front line spinners.

Probably makes us the best balanced side in the world.
    Pesonally, in the batting,for the Ashes next year, i would like to see Bairstow go up the order and bat at 4, with Buttler coming back in at 7, so line-up would be
    Cook,Hameed,Root,Bairstow,Ali,Stokes,Buttler,Woakes,Broad,Jimmy + 1 other - cant see Rashid being used in Oz.
    Thats one hell of a batting line-up
  • Sponsored links:

• Bollox. That's a hammer blow in the last over.
  • I've been watching, I always do. Too busy to post on here.

It will be magnificent if we get a draw and stupendous if we win.

India must be about 1/5 I'd guess.

(Just checked on PP)

India 1/6 draw 5/1 England 25/1
  • Judging by the England runrate in 2nd innings, a win is virtually impossible.
  • Judging by the England runrate in 2nd innings, a win is virtually impossible.

Realistically yes. But it's only 3.5 per over & Stokes & Bairstow could do it (in my wildest dreams).
  • Draw if we are very very lucky
  • 142-7 so, effectively 67-7 from just under 43 overs.

Poor Ben Duckett was out trying to sweep and caught off his glove for zero. When it rains it pours but, to be fair, all our batsmen have struggled today on that pitch.

It's an extremely difficult one but not everyone can play like Cook and Haseeb and I can't help feeling that the rest of our batsmen have fallen into the trap of thinking that they can - rather than playing their own game. It then becomes an inevitably very slow death.
  • edited November 2016
    154 all out from 75-0. Ansari went for a duck, bowled by another low one and Broad was out LBW sweeping. Anderson was out LBW too - first ball on the front foot. Bairstow was left stranded on 34 off 40. India's second biggest win against us in terms of runs.

The only side to ever come back in India in an three or match series and go on to win is England in 2012. Unless we get a massive bit of luck with the toss we are highly unlikely to repeat that.
  • Our batting squad looks very unbalanced. Rookies opening and at number 4, one of which has come off, the other not. Ballance (a waste of a tour space). Moeen at 5, which is surely too high. 7 left handers.

That just leaves Buttler as an alternative
  • Not sure what the wicket will like in next match but dont think 3 spinners (plus Root) adds much. Ansari only bowled 12 overs in match. Bairstow up to 4 with Buttler coming in seems obvious. Then that leaves Duckett or Ballance, which at the moment doesn't seem much of a choice; unless you bring in Woakes on justification he may get more runs than either of those 2 and is obviously a useful bowler.
  • redman said:

Not sure what the wicket will like in next match but dont think 3 spinners (plus Root) adds much. Ansari only bowled 12 overs in match. Bairstow up to 4 with Buttler coming in seems obvious. Then that leaves Duckett or Ballance, which at the moment doesn't seem much of a choice; unless you bring in Woakes on justification he may get more runs than either of those 2 and is obviously a useful bowler.

With the squad available, they seem like the only options. Buttler & Woakes in for Duckett & Ansari.

I would rather have Hales as an option in the squad than Ballance. He could slot in at number 3 with Root moved down to 4.