Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Does anyone else find the DRS not 100% convincing in this series ?

I usually always agree with the DRS decision, but this series I have my doubts.

I have a little sympathy for Dharasema.

They've changed the rules now haven't they to reduce the amount of "umpire's call" leeway, as they're confident in the accuracy of the system
  • 158-8 few overs before lunch, trial by spin..
    Root 56 only highlight.
  • 163-8 at lunch and still 57 behind

52 overs bowled and every single one by a spinner. Is this a record?
  • 201-8 and just 19 behind now

Partnership of 57 between Woakes and Rashid - our best in the match
  • Woakes is become so important for England.
  • In 22 Test innings for England Woakes has only been out 5 times for under 25 and currently averages 35.57. Not bad for a no. 9.
  • Mind you Rashid's average of 23.29 batting at 10 isn't too shabby.
  • edited October 2016
    Scores level thanks to an undefeated stand of 76 between Woakes (37) and Rashid (30). The 3rd best 9th wicket stand for England in Asia.
  • Woakes is caught off a rank full toss by the part time spinner Sabir at mid wicket but is fortunate for it to be called a "no ball".
  • 171-1, opposition 144-8, and they still do not get a lead.
  • Sponsored links:

• With low scoring matches on a spinning pitch a big partnership can win or lose a match. But having the least worst catastrophic batting collapse probably helps too
  • 243-9 and a lead of 23. Woakes out for 46.

99 partnership between Woakes and Rashid (43) - a potential match winning performance from these two and crushing blow for Bangladesh given their expectation of a 50 plus lead when we were 144-8.
  • Finn goes so we have a lead of 24.

Rashid left stranded on 43
  • In 22 Test innings for England Woakes has only been out 5 times for under 25 and currently averages 35.57. Not bad for a no. 9.

Woakes may be at number 9 today, but that's not his real position!

A very unusual match, for the England openers you need people who can cope with sharp spin, rather than the normal new ball seam attack!

Woakes may be at number 9 today, but that's not his real position!

A very unusual match, for the England openers you need people who can cope with sharp spin, rather than the normal new ball seam attack!
    Appreciate that's not his normal position but this isn't a normal Test batting side - in fact, in his vert first Test against Australia, he batted at 6 in both innings!

It's probably the longest batting line up we have ever had. Batting mostly at 8, he's consistently done, over the last year, infinitely better than our current number 4.
  • Whereas Finn is currently bowling like a number 4 bat.
  • Surrey!
  • Ansari gets his first wicket!

Tamim out for 40. England desperately needed that
  • The fact that Stokes bowled the previous over means that that was actually Stokes' wicket because he obviously spooked the batsman
  • Stokes has two now
  • Sponsored links:

• omg that is one of the worst shots of all time :D

BD still on top
  • Leuth said:

omg that is one of the worst shots of all time :D

BD still on top

Clearly you never had the dubious delight of watching me in my "prime". That was my "go to" shot.
  • What the Mahmudullah was that?
  • So who will win ?

Bangladesh are the best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. So it could be close again.
  • Any idea who the Bexley Rams (flag) are?
  • A tough task ahead but England are still in this. With Bangladesh at 200-3 we looked out of it, but we've bowled them out for 296 and need 273 to win.
  • iamdan said:

Any idea who the Bexley Rams (flag) are?

I believe there is a Bexley in Derbyshire - allgedly and without prejudice.
  • England 67 without loss. Duckett taking the game to BD... Lead now almost below 200. We could knock these off I reckon
  • iamdan said:

• iamdan said:

I believe they are from Derbyshire.