Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Rochdale - Post Match Views - 1/10/16

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

He hinted on TV he was interested in Jan 15. They chose Guy Luzon

He hinted on TV he was interested in Oct 15. They chose Karel Fraeye
    Mind you it was our fans moaning and booing his tactics in which prompted him to leave as he felt he took the club as far as he could.
    Wonder what them same fans are wishing for now?
    Slade is in a no win situation.
    Yep, since 20th August.

F*** it that is the knockout blow, you lot win!
    That was some fight
  • I predicted a successive relegation in May and I've yet to see any reason to change my opinion........

The only thing that might save us is the fact that there are so many bad teams in this division.
    That we keep losing to....
    Yes, we do seem to have acquired that very knack, but there are so many bad sides that, surely, we can't lose to them all?
    Be careful what you say and to borrow a line from Airplane, my name's not Shirley!
  • I predicted a successive relegation in May and I've yet to see any reason to change my opinion........

The only thing that might save us is the fact that there are so many bad teams in this division.
    That we keep losing to....
    Yes, we do seem to have acquired that very knack, but there are so many bad sides that, surely, we can't lose to them all?
    Don't tempt fate!
  • So will we be in the lowest position in our history by 5pm next Saturday?
  • stonemuse said:

So will we be in the lowest position in our history by 5pm next Saturday?

Was the last time in the mid 1970's ?

or did we go lower in CP first season ?
  • stonemuse said:

So will we be in the lowest position in our history by 5pm next Saturday?

Cue Quo.................'Down, down deeper and down' :disappointed:
  • I wonder what young Driesen's computer programme made of today's performance?
  • Don't care if Slade goes - we're going down if he stays.
    Awful game, awful atmosphere. So many anonymous players in our team....

We're going down if Duchatelet and Meire stay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Slade is clueless , but remember this is our club, there is no wrong or right to protest, but let's ramp it up again.
  • The sad thing is that we've played worse and won.
    Rocdale had us Sussed from the first minute. Shameful.

When?
  • boggzy said:

mogodon said:

Football for a Fiver ... there's another load of new 'customers' that won't be coming back. They'd be better off for the club's long-term future to charge £100 a ticket while this bunch are in charge.

I was thinking earlier about the poor bastards who took this opportunity to watch a football match for the first time!
    Yes the fiver is a joke, there were half a dozen blokes behind me in the east stand, who used to come along, havent seen them in years and they spent the whole game talking about their different trips to america and the grand canyon.. FFs. what was the point of coming.
  • My first game in 3 years ... my wife first game of UK football ... she now understands my heart break. This team is poor. This club is in turmoil. The communication and cohesion on the pitch mirrors the owners absentia. 38 years supporting Charlton and today I saw and experienced the weakest display, impotent mojo, disjointed tactics and basically a Rochdale side that had a manager wearing jeans looking so casual he inspired men with middle aged baldness !!
  • IdleHans said:

Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

Mind you it was our fans moaning and booing his tactics in which prompted him to leave as he felt he took the club as far as he could.
    Wonder what them same fans are wishing for now?
    Slade is in a no win situation.
    No, he's in a measly two wins out of 11 situation, largely as a result of his inability to set up what should be a half decent team at this level, and to try and win rather than draw.
    This is the problem with football nowadays, we all know the Belgians need to p*** off, we are all very upset, but Slade needs to be given time, a lot longer than two months.

@ElfsborgAddick, I agree that fans generally are far too quick to call for change (except in the case of RD/KM), and I'm not shouting for Slades head yet. But he is one who seems to be unable to learn from his mistakes, which is my point.
    All very well chucking him out, but as others have said, who the bloody hell would contemplate working with this owner and his circus of incompetents?

I'd give him the season unless there's regime change in the meantime. But he needs to sort out the failings that are clear to many on this board, and quickly.
  • Strange as it may seem, our performance in this miserable little defeat wasn't as spineless and cowardly as the show against Oldham on Tuesday. We did get forward with a bit of urgency in the last half-hour – but our lack of basic technique is comical.

Our winger gets round the back – and his team-mates are puffing and straining to get into the box. Holmes is our best player, yet he dribbles into a midfield cul-de-sac and is muscled off the ball. Jackson, Crofts and Ulvestad do not constitute a proper midfield: loose balls routinely go unchallenged to the opponents. A shot or free-kick from 20 yards that Kermorgant would have netted is sent sailing over the bar. Novak and Ajose are mere shadows of men.

In the last minute of the Oldham game, Lookman hoofed a corner direct to the opposite touchline and out of play. This afternoon he fluffed a corner straight to the first defender – then 60 seconds later did exactly the same again. Twenty minutes on, from a corner on the other wing, Lookman failed yet again with precisely the same inability. That is unforgiveable.

Wimbledon, Oldham and Rochdale: three consecutive home games and one single point. We are a quarter of the way through the season. Four times 12 makes a total of 48 points – and relegation to the fourth tier.
  • Utter rubbish today.
  • We are a quarter of the way through the season. Four times 12 makes a total of 48 points – and relegation to the fourth tier.

Thats the most worrying, a 1/4 gone, think i'm getting bit of dejavu.........
  • edited October 2016
    The fact is on today's performance we wouldn't even compete in league 4.WE have a non league squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1se7 said:

The fact is on today's performance we wouldn't even compete in league 4.WE have a non league squad.

Well I cannot forget the cry on this forum for an English Manager who knows our League.
    Even Curbs commented Russell Slade is a sensible appointment who knows his way around League One - so Slade needs time but he needs to look at his decision making quickly.

I compared Guy Luzon with RS today and my lad commented that Luzon knew how to get the ball forward and on the floor and wanted the ball moved quickly - all positive stuff.

Curbs also commented that MK Dons had kept their players from last season but they have lost as many as they've won.

The problem Slade has is that the squad he has, especially the midfield, is simply not good enough and he needs to be able to play two strikers regularly.

Other than that, everything's hunky dory.

If Lookman goes, we really do have a problem.
  • Joke owner, joke CEO, joke manager, joke club.

Slade is worse than useless he hasn't got a clue about tactics.

When?
    We have played worse and drew ?

Last Tuesday.
  • shirty5 said:
    Worrying that Slade seems to think the only problem is in the final third, converting chances to goals. A blind pig could tell you that the main problem is a chronically slow, ageing, non-creative midfield who are bereft of attacking ideas and threat. Holmes and Lookie excepted.
  • Read Slade's statement. Then think would Powell have said any of that?
  • Read Slade's statement. Then think would Powell have said any of that?

The thing is Charlton fans would not have booed a Powell change. So he would not have made a statement like that. Powell is a legend and will always be. Russ or any other manager since with no real afinity to the club won't get the same patients.
  • Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

But, they have learnt from their mistakes, KM said so today.
    For Gawd's sake, can someone at these meetings tell her to put them into practice then! :smile: