Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Rochdale - Post Match Views - 1/10/16

Comments

• DRAddick said:

Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

How would he do that without having full control of incoming players?
    Like Slade hasn't chosen these players??
    He doesn't have full control no. In the press conference after his appointment, The question was asked whether RS had control over signings. KM replied that the network scouts identified players who they then took to RS who had final say on whether the club went after them. That's completely different to the manager having full control and actually choosing players. I'm sure at times RS may have said he wanted this player or that , but the clubs official and public policy is that the scouting network identify players, not RS.
  • Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

He hinted on TV he was interested in Jan 15. They chose Guy Luzon

He hinted on TV he was interested in Oct 15. They chose Karel Fraeye
    Mind you it was our fans moaning and booing his tactics in which prompted him to leave as he felt he took the club as far as he could.
    Wonder what them same fans are wishing for now?
    I'd be very surprised if the majority of those "fans" didnt leave us the moment we were relegated to the Championship
    Surely not ??
  • DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

He doesn't have full control no. In the press conference after his appointment, The question was asked whether RS had control over signings. KM replied that the network scouts identified players who they then took to RS who had final say on whether the club went after them. That's completely different to the manager having full control and actually choosing players. I'm sure at times RS may have said he wanted this player or that , but the clubs official and public policy is that the scouting network identify players, not RS.
    That is why he was given the job title of "manager" and not "head coach"
  • edited October 2016

DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

That is why he was given the job title of "manager" and not "head coach"
    Maybe it was part of the pr plan to fool some of the easily appeased gullible fans we have? Most likely it's just because manager is a more expected and accepted title in this country. It's Irrelevant what title they give him when in reality the network identify players not RS. Unless KM was lying of course? I know it's what comes naturally to her but that would be a very bizarre lie even for her.
  • Oggy Red said:

Slade told us we needed a reaction. We got a portion of bad aids. Up there with the worst 90 mins I ever seen from a Charlton side.

There is no spirit, there is no fight and there is no discernible game plan (other than hoofing it foward aimlessly).

Slade is clueless.

The central midfield is possibly the worst I have seen in my 38 years supporting them.

I'm seriously worried. Make no mistake there is a real possibility that we are in for a relegation battle.

If this keeps up I reckon Slade has 5-6 games before he gets the boot. He is msking the words "horror show" his own.

Maybe ..... the situation has become unworkable behind the scenes, the players are dispirited and Slade feels his banging his head against the wall.

Perhaps this is Slade's way of saying he wants out - but gets paid up his contract?

Perhaps I'm talking b*ll*cks. But once again, something smells really rotten in the state of Denmark.

Heja di roda!
  • http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10602023/charlton-0-1-rochdale

Scintilating highlighs with 2 annoying horn like sounds. The Rochdale goal looked somewhat fortunate, Holmes beaten and a deflected cross. Jackson's penalty was poor and the goal keeper did well on the follow up but that follow up should have gone in. It was a poor penalty to concede from the Rochdale defenders point of view. Looks like a bit have pace down the right may have been useful earlier on ?
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I really need to start thinking about coming up with those promotion songs for the valley. Time is ticking and we just keep wining!

You need to get on the pitch.
  • Any word from Sue Parkes yet?
  • Sponsored links:

Slade must go .. early days I thought he might be the answer, he's not, he's a timid and tactically inept 'manager' .. potentially the playing squad midfield excepted, is decent, just mismanaged and demoralised ..

I'd like to see Justin Edinburgh given the job .. don't think it will happen .. that or Back to the Future with Curbishley, one of the very few men who must surely retain some respect amongst the increasingly angry and desperate Addick fans .. alas this is unlikely to happen either .. oh that it would though .. I have no idea what will happen next .. my optimism is fast turning to stone
    Slade has stood up to the Belgians and trousered a 3 year contract, the Belgians have f***** him over by not giving him the players.

• Surrounded today by £5 tourists, they couldn't believe had bad it was and could not have it that frankly it was an improvement on Tuesday. Let's be honest that's not really a positive though is it?
    My expectations under these idiots is beyond rock bottom, but I have always felt that relegation to L2 was a level awfulness beyond us.
    Not so sure now
  • I said to my son at the start of the game that we deserved to lose if we played one up front against Rochdale at home - we got exactly what we deserved. As I missed the Shrewsbury game due to holiday my streak without seeing Charlton win will now extend over 6 months. OH JOY!
  • What a terrible game

No cohesion, no tactics, poor set up, not working as a team, subs too late, poor individual performances, most people in the ground were shouting 4-4-2 as we could not get out of our half with their pressing 4-4-3 other than Statue Slade

We would lose to Bromley playing like that - oh we did!
  • Half time team talk went well then Russ you fucking plank.
  • edited October 2016

Mind you it was our fans moaning and booing his tactics in which prompted him to leave as he felt he took the club as far as he could.
    Slade is in a no win situation.

Based on what

Slade must go .. early days I thought he might be the answer, he's not, he's a timid and tactically inept 'manager' .. potentially the playing squad midfield excepted, is decent, just mismanaged and demoralised ..

I'd like to see Justin Edinburgh given the job .. don't think it will happen .. that or Back to the Future with Curbishley, one of the very few men who must surely retain some respect amongst the increasingly angry and desperate Addick fans .. alas this is unlikely to happen either .. oh that it would though .. I have no idea what will happen next .. my optimism is fast turning to stone
    Slade has stood up to the Belgians and trousered a 3 year contract, the Belgians have f***** him over by not giving him the players.

Ajose .. proven goal scorer last season, Novak .. proven goal scorer last season, Magennis .. international albeit not a regular scorer .. Pearce .. Regular in a promotion team, Holmes .. Highly regarded member of a promotion team ..
    Slade has proved to be useless at managing decent players that have been signed as well as the few good uns still here from last year .. he needs sacking a s a p ..

I know you hate the regime with a vengeance and nothing they could ever do will change your views, but to say that Slade's not been given the players is just rubbish ..
    Where is the midfield?

How many times has he said players coming in?
  • Sponsored links:

No, he's in a measly two wins out of 11 situation, largely as a result of his inability to set up what should be a half decent team at this level, and to try and win rather than draw.
  • Nothing to do with players it's how you organise the team and tactical nouse
  • vff said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10602023/charlton-0-1-rochdale

It was a poor penalty to concede from the Rochdale defenders point of view. Looks like a bit have pace down the right may have been useful earlier on ?

That was a great driving run from Ricky Holmes.

He's picked the ball up near the centre spot, taking players on and attacking space - he's had only one motive: to get into the box.
    Once in the area he's making for the goal line, where he can simply square across the 6 yard box - it's great play from a winger and hard to defend, hence the defender's panicky challenge.
    Result penalty.

• Stig said:

Anyone, and I mean absolutely anyone, who takes a job under this regime is doomed to fail. The whole set-up is guaranteed to fail. It doesn't matter who you are, you cannot make a good fist of it with this set up.

I saw Curbs touting himself on that Channel 5 show, and to be honest all I could think was that he hadn't done his homework properly if he thought there was any way at all that he could work with them. He did a fantastic job for us before, but that was then and this is now. We had a united board made a point of working with the fans. The whole club was pulling together in the same direction. Now we have a freak show headed by an arrogant absentee, the person in charge is an incompetent liar and the transfers are decided by a You-Tube watching man-cub in his underpants.

We need to stop worrying about who could do a job of managing the team, because with these idiots in charge absolutely no-one could.

unfortunately and despite my wishful thinking, you are 99% right about this .. Bill, Llewellyn's brother must be worth a LOT of money, perhaps he could buy out Duchatelet .. BUT of course, he made his money by being shrewd and careful .. buying CAFC right now would be a VERY dubious, dodgy 'investment'
  • Only been to the Northampton game this season and we were bad then. Seems we have taken a turn for the worse since. Disappointing start so far. The midfield was not good enough from the start of the season and the only people who could not see that were Slade, Meire, RD, Leuth and Bobcafc7.
  • edited October 2016
    We are a bad team = true
    We have bad players= untrue (they weren't until they joined CAFC)

We are now losing to players who earn less than 1K a week !
    10 years ago this weekend we lost to Arsenal with that fantastic goal
    By RVP. we are now getting beaten by players who have 1 house and a mortgage !
    The sad thing about today was how little Rochdale had to do to win.
    They are an honest bunch of League 1 pros who get there bodies in the way of shots.

Ricky Holmes had a poor 1st half but he was our best attacking player in the 2nd half. Why not take a full back off ?

Please don't say this was the worse we played because it wasn't, even thou we were rubbish as a team. Oldham was a worse display.

The fitness level and lack of speed in this team is poor.

At least when we were rubbish in the championship we were losing to some decent players but now, it just plain embarrassing.

Well done to the Rochdale guys i met at the O2,
    Two trips to south London and 6 points.
    Just like taking candy from a baby.

• edited October 2016

Ajose .. proven goal scorer last season, Novak .. proven goal scorer last season, Magennis .. international albeit not a regular scorer .. Pearce .. Regular in a promotion team, Holmes .. Highly regarded member of a promotion team ..
    Slade has proved to be useless at managing decent players that have been signed as well as the few good uns still here from last year .. he needs sacking a s a p ..

I know you hate the regime with a vengeance and nothing they could ever do will change your views, but to say that Slade's not been given the players is just rubbish ..
    Where is the midfield?

How many times has he said players coming in?
    he's brought in Crofts and Ulvstead .. whenever I've seen them they've been steady even though they do not make the pulse race and the spine tingle .. agreed, we urgently need a tough and pacey midfield all rounder, name me one that was available in the summer and could genuinely improve this team .. he hasn't brought in any world beaters, but only available players can be signed .. 8 potentially new first team players including Rudd .. not (as I wrote above) world beaters but good enough to make more of a mark than they have so far .. Slade is squandering what talent there is in this squad

Slade is a conservative (I nearly wrote cowardly) manager, too defensive, too intent on PR/image over tactics and positivity on the field .. his methods may have worked at Scunthorpe, Oxford and Walsall but at home ? .. having said that, look @ today's results in our division .. we need to take advantage of other team's inconsistences .. Slade is not a brave nor clever enough manager to do that .. he's gotta go
  • On my way home I heard fans saying "it's not as bad as some are making out. We were unlucky"

It was as bad, if not worse than some made out. I think slade and the team got it very easy at the end. We were absolutely awful. Rochdale were very poor but deserved their 3 points. Why bring off Holmes and bring on Botaka? We are 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go. We desperately need a goal so leave Holmes on and take off a full back for Botaka.

Decision making from those on the pitch and those off the pitch was awful. JJ's long punt forward for a goal kick summed up everything's that happened under RD and KM. Dog shit.
  • edited October 2016
    Back to the drawing board dinning table Russell.

I agree with all the comments about how difficult it would be for any manager in the current set up but there was a reason Slade hadn't achieved any success in 20 odd years and his appointment seems to have stacked already overwhelming odds against us even further.