Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Rochdale - Post Match Views - 1/10/16

Comments

• We werent as bad as we were on Tuesday night.
    You dont though play 4-5-1 as the home side when your playing against a team below you in the League
    Should have gone to 4-4-2 right after Half-Time, I guess the penalty delayed that even more as it made us look competitive in the original formation
    Russell needs to grow a pair and not be so scared of the opposition
  • I really need to start thinking about coming up with those promotion songs for the valley. Time is ticking and we just keep wining!
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I really need to start thinking about coming up with those promotion songs for the valley. Time is ticking and we just keep wining!

Taken from the last title winning season but two I remember.

We're 18th in the League, We're 18th in the Leeeague, Charlton Athletic we're 18th in the League

AND

We are beatable, We are beatable?
  • We're relegation fodder.
    I'm sure over on the Facebook Forum, Sue and the EDL scum who post on it, will be going on about how everything is great and we'll turn it around.
    But, back in the real world, we're in real trouble here.
  • And just an aside, if Meire wants to talk about honest dialogue with the fans, wtf did 14,500 come from? You couldn't make it up - but obviously they do, week in, week out. I happened to notice Watford had 20.5k today in the Premiership... how can they seriously expect us to believe anything when they're claiming we had 5k less at the Valley to watch that dross?
  • Bring back Riga

Be careful what you wish for, it may well come true
  • Just mentioned it on the player marks but what are the players doing in Training... Yes its been mentioned that the players stay late after training but do they each have their own individual table in the canteen? - Reason being twice a player bust a gut to get to a ball that had been overhit (Fox was the first / Magennis was the second), each time they made it yet when it came to crossing the ball into the middle, no one else had bothered to bust a gut to get into the area... And they bloody well wonder why we're not scoring more goals!!

You're beginning to sound like Viewfinder mate :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Just mentioned it on the player marks but what are the players doing in Training... Yes its been mentioned that the players stay late after training but do they each have their own individual table in the canteen? - Reason being twice a player bust a gut to get to a ball that had been overhit (Fox was the first / Magennis was the second), each time they made it yet when it came to crossing the ball into the middle, no one else had bothered to bust a gut to get into the area... And they bloody well wonder why we're not scoring more goals!!

• Time for Curbs to rebuild the club
  • RedChaser said:

Just mentioned it on the player marks but what are the players doing in Training... Yes its been mentioned that the players stay late after training but do they each have their own individual table in the canteen? - Reason being twice a player bust a gut to get to a ball that had been overhit (Fox was the first / Magennis was the second), each time they made it yet when it came to crossing the ball into the middle, no one else had bothered to bust a gut to get into the area... And they bloody well wonder why we're not scoring more goals!!

Plus I reckon you should p**s off back to coaching kids in Blackheath on a Saturday afternoon... I really dont know your issues with sick kids from Hampshire either!!
  • Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

How would he do that without having full control of incoming players?
  • edited October 2016

Russell Slade increasingly looks like the type of man that's gone to Thailand to buy a bride but come home broke and alone.

Trouble is he wouldn't know which position to.........actually Slade in that situation doesnt bear thinking about
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall V Charlton 17/18. That's going to be a big old attendance for a 4th tier fixture!

Both as sh*t as each other at the moment and for the foreseeable by the looks of it. No pride in south London football at the moment. Apart from those stripey ****'s down the road. But they're Surrey so they don't count. Sigh indeed.

If Millwall v Charlton coming up was a fight it would be this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8E0BIRv7Ok
  • His CV said everything we needed to know about Brussel. The Cardiff fans helpfully advised the sort of football we would be watching too. You can sort of blame the regime for dragging us down to a point where a nobody like this was the height of our aspirations, but FFS, 1-0 down at half time, and we carry on with the same? Sue Perks was probably the only perosn in the ground who could'nt see we needed a change. The last few minutes, we went for it. Sorry but that's not good enough. We are at fucking home you waster. The table told you we needed two wins this week, and you tried to win by defending. A bit like fucking for chastity. Arsehole!!
  • Took a chance as it was a fiver. Won't again this season. I was hopeful that things had improved ever so slightly from last season, couldn't of been more wrong. Players that individually are mostly good enough, though they are not a team and are being directed by a clueless joker. Shame.
  • First game for a while from me and my lot. Absolutely shite bar Lookman. Just awful.
  • edited October 2016

His CV said everything we needed to know about Brussel. The Cardiff fans helpfully advised the sort of football we would be watching too. You can sort of blame the regime for dragging us down to a point where a nobody like this was the height of our aspirations, but FFS, 1-0 down at half time, and we carry on with the same? Sue Perks was probably the only perosn in the ground who could'nt see we needed a change. The last few minutes, we went for it. Sorry but that's not good enough. We are at fucking home you waster. The table told you we needed two wins this week, and you tried to win by defending. A bit like fucking for chastity. Arsehole!!

Even my pet goldfish knows more about football than Sue (I've got my head in the trough) Perks :smirk: .
  • That it I'm out. Can't face wasting any more of my time, energy and money on the shower of shite that this club has become (from boardroom to the pitch).
  • Somebody has said that the poison at board level has permeated down to the players. That looks worryingly accurate.

For 20 minutes the ball was played to feet then they scored a poor goal to give away, and our midfield disappeared. The rest of the first half was bossed by the goal scorer who laid on two more chances.

Holmes had a mare first half, (he lost the crosser for the goal and overhit or under passed everything), was better second, won the penalty...and was taken off (why?)

Jackson sadly is descending to into a never world of embarrassment. He can't even put away the spot kick.

The moment which showed how far the rot has set in is when Pearce hit a hopeful ball forwards in the first half which Fox chased down and put a good ball into the box. Their wasn't a red shirt in 20 yards. Was this 1/ no one thought Pearce could hit a reasonable pass? Or 2/ no one thought Fox capable of getting to the ball and getting it across?
  • This club is being very deliberately run into the ground. Duchatelet knows it, even if Katrien is too stupid to see it.
  • That was mainly down to Slade - tactically inept. As said by most - poor, defensive, boring line-up and toothless centre midfield. We only looked dangerous when Ajose was up front with Novak and Botaka was running at them. Jacko anonymous a lot of the time and I just knew the penalty would be saved - might have been different if it had gone in but would probably have been a draw anyway. Didn't think Rochdale offered much. Brussell should make some major changes for the next game...otherwise it won't be long before "Slade out" starts ringing around the ground.