Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Rochdale - Post Match Views - 1/10/16

Comments

• Was going to go to this one. Usually I would jump at the chance to get down the valley, especially football for a fiver, but I just couldn't make myself go today. I spent the day going to a nature reserve and a museum instead and enjoyed it much more than I would watching the crap that we have been playing this season and giving this regime more money.

Such a sorry state of affairs, especially as this is one of the rare occasions I get to spend time with my dad.

F*ck off RD and Co. and give us our club back.
  • Don't care if Slade goes - we're going down if he stays.
    Awful game, awful atmosphere. So many anonymous players in our team....
  • cblock said:

How can you start with one up front against Rochdale at home, pathetic plan Russell Slade. one point out of the last
    three home games sums it up.

Only teams its reasonable to play one up front against are those who are romping the Division with far superior players or are in a higher Division in a Cup match!!
  • That's it.....what a load of shit...crap players who can't pass or keep the ball...we are going down....Slade OUT....not going back, I even hte it more than last season......the players (if that's what they call themselves) have no pride or passion.....they should all Fxxx Off
  • cblock said:

Only teams its reasonable to play one up front against are those who are romping the Division with far superior players or are in a higher Division in a Cup match!!
    So that's all the other 91 clubs then

• Why does Botaka never get on before the 80th minute?

Is he contracted to only play the last 10 minutes of a game or what's the story?

• Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited October 2016
    Worst start of a season in the third tier in 90 years (1926 / 27).

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic/1926-1927/table/1926-10-23

Charlton 21 out of 22 after 11 games - above only Abedare Athletic. Whatever happened to Abedare Athletic ?

(On October 2nd 1926, Charlton had played 8 games and were 21st.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic/1926-1927/table/1926-10-02)

Charlton recovered to finish 13th on 40 points.
  • Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

He hinted on TV he was interested in Jan 15. They chose Guy Luzon

He hinted on TV he was interested in Oct 15. They chose Karel Fraeye
    Slade must go .. early days I thought he might be the answer, he's not, he's a timid and tactically inept 'manager' .. potentially the playing squad midfield excepted, is decent, just mismanaged and demoralised ..

I'd like to see Justin Edinburgh given the job .. don't think it will happen .. that or Back to the Future with Curbishley, one of the very few men who must surely retain some respect amongst the increasingly angry and desperate Addick fans .. alas this is unlikely to happen either .. oh that it would though .. I have no idea what will happen next .. my optimism is fast turning to stone
  • vff said:

Charlton 21 out of 22 after 11 games - above only Abedare Athletic. Whatever happened Abedare Athletic.

That was their swansong apparently - according to Wiki they finished bottom and failed to gain re-election
  • vffvff
    edited October 2016
    The only thing you can say this season with the current table is that there are 5 points between 5th & 21st. There are also a huge bunch of ordinary teams in the division of similar standard.

Slade does though seem to be getting a team less than the sum of its parts & is very negative. I am struggling to see why Lookman is taking every corner. The central midfield to me is the the clear problem. I hope the scouts are doing something to identify someone who may fill this position in the January window, or Charlton will be looking over their shoulder more to a relegation scrap than getting near the top 6.
  • May 2018. League 2. New owners. Need a win at Carlisle to go up. Charlton back.
  • The last 5 minutes of pumping high hanging balls for the Rochdale centre halfs to head out was embarrassing
  • Slade is clueless an under him we are are somehow still managing to go backwards. Man is clueless and listening to his excuses week in week out Makes my blood boil.

Players now need a rocket up their arse, have swerved any responsibility really up until now but it has to stop
  • kentred2 said:

May 2018. League 2. same owners. Need a win at Carlisle to stay up. Charlton down again.

• Sponsored links:

• vff said:

The only thing you can say this season with the current side is that there are 5 points between 5th & 21st. There are also a huge bunch of ordinary teams in the division of similar standard.

Slade does though seem to be getting a team less than the sum of its parts & is very negative. I am struggling to see why Lookman is taking every corner. The central midfield to me is the the clear problem. I hope the scouts are doing something to identify someone who may fill this position in the January window, or Charlton will be looking over their shoulder more to a relegation scrap than getting near the top 6.

Agree about strange policy of Lookman taking the corners. Better to have him in the middle causing problems as they come in I'd have thought. Waste having out by the corner flag.

Again - Slade's fault alone for that.

Time for Roland to fall under a tram
  • DRAddick said:

Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

How would he do that without having full control of incoming players?
    Like Slade hasn't chosen these players??

Time for Roland to fall under a tram
    All we need is to find someone on here who can drive a tram and who can do the pushing stumbling into the back of Roland

Now there might be a influx of of volunteers for the latter role so the winner will be pulled out of a hat
  • Ah you have stumbled on my real name... Tim Tucker Tram Trundler!

The way things stand, I would pay £1k for a ST to have that but it just ain't gonna happen all the while the Belgians are still at OUR club

• DRAddick said:

It's more about the players he might have wanted but couldn't have

He hinted on TV he was interested in Jan 15. They chose Guy Luzon

He hinted on TV he was interested in Oct 15. They chose Karel Fraeye
    Mind you it was our fans moaning and booing his tactics in which prompted him to leave as he felt he took the club as far as he could.
    Wonder what them same fans are wishing for now?
    I'd be very surprised if the majority of those "fans" didnt leave us the moment we were relegated to the Championship
  • DRAddick said:

It's more about the players he might have wanted but couldn't have
    Think he chose the majority of players.