Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Rochdale - Post Match Views - 1/10/16

Comments

• The 20-1 odds I took on relegation pre-season is looking huge now.

Glad I went for it as part of a very large return accumulator.
  • Uboat said:

My only connection to Charlton now is a morbid fascination to see just how bad it can get.

I think that's Latrien's new mission statement
  • I must admit, after today I just don't give a fuck. I can't believe how bad Slade is. Laughable.

We have a total basket case of a club.
  • Out of the relegation zone on goal difference only :(

Let's enjoy that while it lasts!!
  • Slade will stay as long as he's getting paid. Never won feck all, and that's not about to change at Charlton.

There's not a manager alive with any self respect that will work for these clowns.

Brussel Slave, Mowgli, Roland Rat and Katrien NightMeire - get out of our club.

Bring on Coventry, let's get these protests back on the road.

Indeed. And better that than propping up Mr Big by buying a match ticket.

• Yes, the protests need to really pick up now. This scum need to get out of our club.
  • Utter dogshit
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not losing the will to live but I'm certainly losing the will to care and think about Charlton (let alone spend time and money on them ). It's just horrible. ..no quality or "entertainment" in any meaningful sense. Stayaways are missing nothing

Slade is not helping matters but I doubt he instructed Jackson to miss that pen (or miss the entire match, which in a way he did). Not does weak management excuse Lookman's terrible corners. Simply awful
  • Didn't go.
    Only home game I've been is Wimbledon and to be honest it doesn't even hurt anymore.
  • Jackson had a shocker of a game I thought and not just having his penalty saved.

He was slow, out of position most of the time and really doesn't suit being in the middle of 3 behind Magennis.

That was a shite formation.
  • Slade told us we needed a reaction. We got a portion of bad aids. Up there with the worst 90 mins I ever seen from a Charlton side.

There is no spirit, there is no fight and there is no discernible game plan (other than hoofing it foward aimlessly).

Slade is clueless.

The central midfield is possibly the worst I have seen in my 38 years supporting them.

I'm seriously worried. Make no mistake there is a real possibility that we are in for a relegation battle.

If this keeps up I reckon Slade has 5-6 games before he gets the boot. He is msking the words "horror show" his own.

Maybe ..... the situation has become unworkable behind the scenes, the players are dispirited and Slade feels his banging his head against the wall.

Perhaps this is Slade's way of saying he wants out - but gets paid up his contract?

Perhaps I'm talking b*ll*cks. But once again, something smells really rotten in the state of Denmark.

• Horrible performance. Crofts? There are no words.
  • edited October 2016
    imageIf not back in january then, I would give it a double dose now..
    enough is enough
  • First match I've been to this season - feel really sad now. The worst thing is that I'm also going to a match at the end of the month.

There was no organisation, the players don't seem to want to play together at all. Lookman's first touch is impressive, but his corners are dreadful.

Holmes is NOWHERE NEAR as good as he thinks he is. He has, at times, tremendous vision, and spotted some runs fantastically in the first half. But he's useless at taking people on and attempted it SO MANY times. It worked once, when we got the penalty. The rest of the match, he just squandered possession needlessly.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

At least Sue Perks had to watch it. Serves the stupid cow right.

She'll have loved the day, the freebies, the comfy seat ... only the mindless booing and boorish chants would have spoiled her matchday experience.
  • On another thread people Will be saying we can't keep changing managers every five minutes and we need stability.
    They will also be saying if we sack Slade who Will we bring in.
    Under normal circumstances these would be valid points, but these are not normal circumstances Slade is fucking clueless and he will take us down.
    Act now before it's too late and give whoever comes in enough time to turn this around
  • Football for a Fiver ... there's another load of new 'customers' that won't be coming back. They'd be better off for the club's long-term future to charge £100 a ticket while this bunch are in charge.
  • And the boys in blue scored such a lovely goal in the sunshine.
  • Bring back Riga

• edited October 2016
    That thing called momentum, yeah we have plenty of it for league 2. Rochdale were no brazil yet played to their strengths whereas we did not know where our arse was from its elbow. The football is slowly getting worse and the arse is fallen out of this club. The last ten minutes were like an episode of supermarket sweep but instead of getting the champagne, cake and chocolate we end up with a trolley full of rotten cabbage.
  • edited October 2016
    I presume Latrine was there this week, smirking her way through the anti regime chants?
  • mogodon said:

Football for a Fiver ... there's another load of new 'customers' that won't be coming back. They'd be better off for the club's long-term future to charge £100 a ticket while this bunch are in charge.

I was thinking earlier about the poor bastards who took this opportunity to watch a football match for the first time!
  • Didn't go so can't comment on the quality of football. It just strikes me that we're in such a downward spiral, I can't see us pulling out. Bottom half mediocrity 50% Relegation 50%