Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Rochdale - Post Match Views - 1/10/16

Comments

• The positives:
    I got to spend the afternoon with my lad at my beloved football Club.

We were better today than Tuesday.

I don't have to go again for at least a few weeks.

Really felt for young Ademola near the end - the boy looked lost - shattered by the lack of quality around him.

JJ, you've been a great servant to the Club - time to hang up your boots, mate before it gets embarrassing.

We move on........
  • As said before we will struggle to win games with Crofts Foley and Jackson in midfield. They just don't have the legs to press the opposition.

Slade got it all wrong again today. I'm not sure what formation was being played, Holmes and Lookman didn't seem to know. Real lack of movement when we had the ball.

Worrying seeing some players arguing and showing their frustration at times. I predict Slade will be gone by November.

• Okay, Slade is not showing any evidence that he's a master tactician.
    Fine, as long as you've got a tactically astute member of your playing management team to chip in with that job.

Slade seems to have built his career reputation as Mr Motivator.
    But IMO this dysfunctional team are looking anything but motivated.

Over to you, Russell.

• Lets all get fucking real. Too many shit player's in the starting 11.fox.jackson.foley.crofts.slade hasn't got a clue picking the same shit players every week I'm done now cant watch this shit football week in week out and subs far to late
  • Just utterly depressed by the thoughts of barnet away next season
  • Sponsored links:

• The bastards have ripped the whole core and fabric out of our club.
    This was the worst performance I have ever seen from a Charlton team - totally clueless.
    We're buggered.

This
  • The bastards have ripped the whole core and fabric out of our club.
    This was the worst performance I have ever seen from a Charlton team - totally clueless.
    We're buggered.

You obviously weren't there on Tuesday? We were considerably worse which is difficult to believe, I know - but true, all the same.
  • After reading the Jackson thread I think Crofts time is up too. Sounds harsh but I feel he's cheating his way through a game. No desire to do anything with the ball except pass a few yards, makes a bit of an effort to hassle the opposition but never makes a tackle, awful signing. I look at teams like Rochdale and Oldham and they had decent technically sound midfields that made us look crap in comparison. Do we not have players of that calibre coming through our ranks? If not why not? And if not go out and bring some in, isn't that what out new head scout was for. I have no idea who's error the lack of midfield talent this season was but it's killing us on the pitch. Don't get the love for Pearce either, think he's very average.
  • Russell Slade - More like Gurney Slade (older readers will know
    what I am on about!)
  • edited October 2016
    The move in the first half which saw Pearce make a nice pass to Fox down the left, who ran down the wing and put in a cross - to nobody, as none of our players were anywhere near the penalty area - summed up how poor our tactics were today. Where were the players busting a gut to attack the ball?

Sometimes this happens because the winger/full back is too fast for the rest of the team, but Morgan Fox?
  • Performance reminded me of watching England.

Lots of huff and puff but ultimately tactically inept and Lookman only marginally better than Kane at corners..

Has to revert back to 4-4-2, get Tex in for Pearce when fit and drop Jackson.

Lookman is probably good enough to play anywhere in this league, so stick him in the middle.

I don't think Slade has a clue what his best team is, by the end it was so out of shape and painful to watch.

Can't wait for Millwall...
  • I predicted a successive relegation in May and I've yet to see any reason to change my opinion........
  • Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

He hinted on TV he was interested in Jan 15. They chose Guy Luzon

He hinted on TV he was interested in Oct 15. They chose Karel Fraeye
    But, they have learnt from their mistakes, KM said so today.
  • Sponsored links:

• I predicted a successive relegation in May and I've yet to see any reason to change my opinion........

The only thing that might save us is the fact that there are so many bad teams in this division.
  • At least we are on an upward curve !

The only thing that might save us is the fact that there are so many bad teams in this division.
    That we keep losing to....
  • edited October 2016
  • IdleHans said:

Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

Mind you it was our fans moaning and booing his tactics in which prompted him to leave as he felt he took the club as far as he could.
    Wonder what them same fans are wishing for now?
    Slade is in a no win situation.
    No, he's in a measly two wins out of 11 situation, largely as a result of his inability to set up what should be a half decent team at this level, and to try and win rather than draw.
    This is the problem with football nowadays, we all know the Belgians need to p*** off, we are all very upset, but Slade needs to be given time, a lot longer than two months.

• Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

Slade must go .. early days I thought he might be the answer, he's not, he's a timid and tactically inept 'manager' .. potentially the playing squad midfield excepted, is decent, just mismanaged and demoralised ..

I'd like to see Justin Edinburgh given the job .. don't think it will happen .. that or Back to the Future with Curbishley, one of the very few men who must surely retain some respect amongst the increasingly angry and desperate Addick fans .. alas this is unlikely to happen either .. oh that it would though .. I have no idea what will happen next .. my optimism is fast turning to stone
    Slade has stood up to the Belgians and trousered a 3 year contract, the Belgians have f***** him over by not giving him the players.

Ajose .. proven goal scorer last season, Novak .. proven goal scorer last season, Magennis .. international albeit not a regular scorer .. Pearce .. Regular in a promotion team, Holmes .. Highly regarded member of a promotion team ..
    Slade has proved to be useless at managing decent players that have been signed as well as the few good uns still here from last year .. he needs sacking a s a p ..

I know you hate the regime with a vengeance and nothing they could ever do will change your views, but to say that Slade's not been given the players is just rubbish ..
    Where is the midfield?

How many times has he said players coming in?
    he's brought in Crofts and Ulvstead .. whenever I've seen them they've been steady even though they do not make the pulse race and the spine tingle .. agreed, we urgently need a tough and pacey midfield all rounder, name me one that was available in the summer and could genuinely improve this team .. he hasn't brought in any world beaters, but only available players can be signed .. 8 potentially new first team players including Rudd .. not (as I wrote above) world beaters but good enough to make more of a mark than they have so far .. Slade is squandering what talent there is in this squad

Slade is a conservative (I nearly wrote cowardly) manager, too defensive, too intent on PR/image over tactics and positivity on the field .. his methods may have worked at Scunthorpe, Oxford and Walsall but at home ? .. having said that, look @ today's results in our division .. we need to take advantage of other team's inconsistences .. Slade is not a brave nor clever enough manager to do that .. he's gotta go
    Turn it in Lincs, you give Slade two months, you have given the Belgians 30 months!

Cracking fella mate but behind a keyboard you are murder, see you at Bradford amigo.
  • Oggy Red said:

Time for Curbs to rebuild the club

Mind you it was our fans moaning and booing his tactics in which prompted him to leave as he felt he took the club as far as he could.
    Wonder what them same fans are wishing for now?
    Slade is in a no win situation.
    Yep, since 20th August.

F*** it that is the knockout blow, you lot win!

That we keep losing to....
    Yes, we do seem to have acquired that very knack, but there are so many bad sides that, surely, we can't lose to them all?