Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Members of East Kent Addicks to meet KM and other Senior Club personnel at 1.00 on Sat 27 August

Comments

• 3blokes said:

T.C.E said:

My neighbours have brought to my attention the sign outside bearing the name of my house is fading and in need of tidying up a bit, I thanked them for bringing this to my attention and we are working together to rectify this situation. :)

This to me is a sign, in a very literal sense, that everything is now absolutely brilliant everywhere, and has made me want to go round TCE's house every other Saturday to watch him play football in his back garden :wink:
    There will be light refreshments laid on, please feel free to point out any lack of hot water in the toilets or comment on how nice the garden looks. But please ignore the fact that the house falling down around our ears. ;)
  • Swisdom said:

i forgot ray sorry , swisdom get tone to invite me to tea where i can explain why he brings the swear words

http://www.bifm.org.uk/bifm/directories/showcase/1282
    Thanks Swisdom i will request a meeting with him to explain why i keep swearing towards the cahone cnut
  • i forgot ray sorry , swisdom get tone to invite me to tea where i can explain why he brings the swear words

This is more like the cosy chat over tea and biscuits that should be happening :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

i forgot ray sorry , swisdom get tone to invite me to tea where i can explain why he brings the swear words

This is more like the cosy chat over tea and biscuits that should be happening :wink: .
    i think so hopefully we will get on swimmingly and he might invite his chums kat and rolly oh dreams are made of these moments lets do it Cnuthone
  • jams said:

seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Disappointed about some of the responses here.

People have complained about it on twitter, the museum have complained about it and Target20k raised it and it's now being addressed. Why the negative comments toward Target20k?

Of course this isn't going to suddenly bring in 10,000 extra fans but it goes some way towards showing the club is listening to the fans. Small steps and all that

What are the actual practicalities of this listening stuff you speak of?
    A group of three people are gathered together for a chat by Tony Keohane?
    The most representative and formally constituted group of fans, the Trust, have been systematically marginalised, and the last face to face was the Trust telling the regime to sell, that hasn't been listened to has it?
    Indeed fans were lied to by Katrien Miere on the day of Slades appointment when she said that interested investors wanted to leave the Valley, a claim she can't substantiate.
    Anyway, given the Graham Moore fiasco the refreshed sign on the Jimmy Seed stand will probably read 'The Roger Johnson Stand '.
    The Roland Duchatelet Stand
    The Roland Duchatelet Stadium.

Following in the footsteps of John Madjeski naming Reading's stadium after himself.
  • edited September 2016

East Kent Addicks

Life President: Keith Peacock

The Railway Club,
    Beaver Road,
    Ashford,
    Kent, TN23 7RR.

Thursday 29th September, 2016 at 7.00pm

Questions & Answers Session with

SPECIAL GUESTS

Charlton Manager

Russell Slade
    &
    Charlton Assistant Manager

Kevin Nugent

(All Personal Appearances Are Subject To Change)

Free Admission and Membership

This event is open to all Charlton and Football Supporters in general, their partners, families & friends.

Hot Food Available At Reasonable Cost

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & MEMBERSHIP ENQUIRIES PLEASE

email ekaddicks@talktalk.net
  • T.C.E said:

3blokes said:

T.C.E said:

My neighbours have brought to my attention the sign outside bearing the name of my house is fading and in need of tidying up a bit, I thanked them for bringing this to my attention and we are working together to rectify this situation. :)

This to me is a sign, in a very literal sense, that everything is now absolutely brilliant everywhere, and has made me want to go round TCE's house every other Saturday to watch him play football in his back garden :wink:
    There will be light refreshments laid on, please feel free to point out any lack of hot water in the toilets or comment on how nice the garden looks. But please ignore the fact that the house falling down around our ears. ;)
    Chips? How many??

• T.C.E said:

3blokes said:

T.C.E said:

Chips? How many??

Catering is our forte, 17 chips per portion priced very fairly at 9 quid or we offer an upgrade Pie, chips and pint for 25 quid.
    I've got the neighbours coming round every summer to help with the spring cleaning and paint the fence, while I sod off on holiday. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2016
  • 3blokes said:

T.C.E said:

Make sure you take 19,999 others with you.
  • edited September 2016

Swisdom said:

cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

I thought the point of the Target 20k group was to bring ideas to the table on how to boost attendances, not how to undergo basic ground maintenance.

That's true - but if they can pick up a few quick wins for things that matter to existing fans that do attend then what's the harm? It's unlikely to have detracted from any other agenda and ideas in place - it's just an AOB that is going to move forwards now.

For people to think this is a con is just another example of "Damned if they do damned if they don't". It's a step in the right direction.

That's the point They haven't DONE anything @Swisdom

They have said they will work with fans. It's all about what they say they are going to do. They've not done it.

It's not a quick win until they actually DO IT.
    So criticise it, if, in a few months time, there is no activity or a confirmed plan. Not now.

In the meantime it's a small step in the right direction.
  • Macronate said:

Just so everyone knows, I intend to paint our bathroom within the next three weeks or so.

Target 20k shits
  • I am going to go out tonight and paint the Town red.
  • @Swisdom

I get what you are saying but the idea of the T20K group is just that - to attract more fans.

By facilitating different agendas across forums not intended for their purpose plays into the regimes hand by creating confusion. If you keep playing to her tune then she wins. Simple.

All forums should stick to what they were set up to do.

• cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

I get what you are saying but the idea of the T20K group is just that - to attract more fans.

By facilitating different agendas across forums not intended for their purpose plays into the regimes hand by creating confusion. If you keep playing to her tune then she wins. Simple.

Why is it a problem? Every thread on here will comeback to anti regime I.e. They don't stick to what they were set upto do !!!
  • edited September 2016

More tea vicar?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

Why is it a problem? Every thread on here will comeback to anti regime I.e. They don't stick to what they were set upto do !!!
    If you don't have a clear structure then you are set up to fail.

Sound familiar?
  • T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

3blokes said:

T.C.E said:

Chips? How many??

Catering is our forte, 17 chips per portion priced very fairly at 9 quid or we offer an upgrade Pie, chips and pint for 25 quid.
    I've got the neighbours coming round every summer to help with the spring cleaning and paint the fence, while I sod off on holiday. ;)
    17 chips has sealed it I'm buying a season ticket for TCE's house :wink:
  • cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

Because people are pissed off that Katrien is seen in a good light here, undeservedly, I would imagine. She is absolutely incompetent and it is a disgrace that she has not been removed from her position after her abject running of the football club and the disrespect to its supporters.

The fact that there are people lapping up the regime redeveloping a sign that costs just £3k (they haven't actually said they'd fund it etc), while she champions cosy chats with EKA is hugely frustrating to those without an ego that do not wish to align themselves with this hapless regime just to get "in" with the club. What next, an article about a fixed hair dryer in the toilets?

Somehow, the PR agency, with the help of some fans who should know better, are building back her reputation with some of the fans. I genuinely don't know how this is possible but there are people trying to defend her!

She does not deserve that, at all, and that is why this thread is anti-regime.

P.S, the reason why all the other threads are anti-regime is because said regime are fucking useless.
    Err. This was meant as a playful post to highlight staying strictly to an agenda isn't always achieved.

• edited September 2016

cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

Because people are pissed off that Katrien is seen in a good light here, undeservedly, I would imagine. She is absolutely incompetent and it is a disgrace that she has not been removed from her position after her abject running of the football club and the disrespect to its supporters.

The fact that there are people lapping up the regime redeveloping a sign that costs just £3k (they haven't actually said they'd fund it etc), while she champions cosy chats with EKA is hugely frustrating to those without an ego that do not wish to align themselves with this hapless regime just to get "in" with the club. What next, an article about a fixed hair dryer in the toilets?

Somehow, the PR agency, with the help of some fans who should know better, are building back her reputation with some of the fans. I genuinely don't know how this is possible but there are people trying to defend her!

She does not deserve that, at all, and that is why this thread is anti-regime.

P.S, the reason why all the other threads are anti-regime is because said regime are fucking useless.
    Err. This was meant as a playful post to highlight staying strictly to an agenda isn't always achieved.

Fuck - that was a waste of time writing that then.

I completely misread the post.

Sorry. :-)
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

Sound familiar?
    But in context it's not an issue. Club meets some fans takes away the feedback. Doesn't mean Target 20k aren't also thinking about their stuff however unrealistic that specific trarget is now.

• edited September 2016
    The club is clutching at straws hosting these small pockets of supporters who are not representative of the overwhelming groundswell opinion of the vast majority that want the regime gone so not in my name please.
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

Sound familiar?
    But in context it's not an issue. Club meets some fans takes away the feedback. Doesn't mean Target 20k aren't also thinking about their stuff however unrealistic that specific trarget is now.

Oh dear. Once the precedent has been set then their is no going
  • ^ This, don't give her the time of day.