Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Members of East Kent Addicks to meet KM and other Senior Club personnel at 1.00 on Sat 27 August

Comments

• Yes. She has said things that she can't take back. And the fact she continues to be employed says everything you need to know about the owner!

They have said they have made mistakes, which implies mistakes in actions, but I find it inconceivable that Katrien would acknowledge that anything she has actually said was a mistake.
  • seth plum said:

Yes. She has said things that she can't take back. And the fact she continues to be employed says everything you need to know about the owner!

They have said they have made mistakes, which implies mistakes in actions, but I find it inconceivable that Katrien would acknowledge that anything she has actually said was a mistake.
    I reckon we'll struggle to find a quote from squirrel face saying "I", often "we" though.
  • seth plum said:

Yes. She has said things that she can't take back. And the fact she continues to be employed says everything you need to know about the owner!

I reckon we'll struggle to find a quote from squirrel face saying "I", often "we" though.
    She needs to appoint a new chairman soon. She can't go into too many of these meetings without a human shield to bail her out/intercept the missiles.
  • mogodon said:

seth plum said:

She needs to appoint a new chairman soon. She can't go into too many of these meetings without a human shield to bail her out/intercept the missiles.
    Were there any?
  • mogodon said:

seth plum said:

Were there any?
    Not physical ones, verbal ones.
  • edited August 2016
    mogodon said:

seth plum said:

Which is what the reason was for Murray being here for squirrel face.
  • mogodon said:

seth plum said:

Were there any?
    No. Not a single one, verbal or real.
  • kentred2 said:

Club using the meeting and comments by East Kent's limp chairman as propaganda as expected, along with the puppy target 10k group. Makes you want to vomit that people like these can sell other fans down the Thames.

mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-to-refurbish-jimmy-seed-stand-sign-3294988.aspx
  • Sponsored links:

• kentred2 said:

Club using the meeting and comments by East Kent's limp chairman as propaganda as expected, along with the puppy target 10k group. Makes you want to vomit that people like these can sell other fans down the Thames.

There was no mention of the South Stand at our meeting and, frankly, what do you expect the Chairman to say. What he said is true, there was some tough questioning and she did respond positively to it.

It doesn't matter is people believe what KM says but it won't help of fans start lying about meetings now will it?
  • Nice to see the sign replaced, other than that I don't see why the T20k group would care about that stand!
  • kentred2 said:

There was no mention of the South Stand at our meeting and, frankly, what do you expect the Chairman to say. What he said is true, there was some tough questioning and she did respond positively to it.

It doesn't matter is people believe what KM says but it won't help of fans start lying about meetings now will it?
    Totally missing the point. You were all invited there for press releases like that one. The quotation from the Chairman is music to their ears and all but the d d and b know she talks bollocks!
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:

This is the kind of thing that hardly needs trumpeting. Paint the fecking sign. It's not worthy of an article or any kind of praise... it should just be painted when it needs fecking painting. It's the bare minimum. And it shouldn't have had to be pointed out by a committee. That's the problem with these muppets... they want credit for all kinds of irrelevant shite and won't accept responsibility for real lapses in judgement that have created lasting and severe damage to the club.

JUST LEAVE!

Much as I want this and the Sam Bartram sign restored this, this and this.

About 3k to put up a new sign that should never have been allowed to fall into such disrepair but it's being talked up like the article 50.

Even then they had to be prodded and poked to even start on it.

Worse thing is the club hasn't even said they WILL replace it. Just that they "work with fans" on it.

So no plan, no money, just a vague "we'll work with fans".
    The money they make from the booking fee on away tickets will more than cover the cost of the sign...
  • The club's PR reads like someone has remembered, at the last minute, to search and replace "the South Stand" in Cojones' draft with "the JIMMY SEED STAND" (in very shouty capitals). And quick, ring up one of his relatives and get a quote.
  • AshBurton said:

The club's PR reads like someone has remembered, at the last minute, to search and replace "the South Stand" in Cojones' draft with "the JIMMY SEED STAND" (in very shouty capitals). And quick, ring up one of his relatives and get a quote.

Actually JS's and the museum had been pushing for some action on this and the Sam Bartram stand entrance.

Club need to actually DO SOMETHING before claiming credit but even then they should have done it with out prombting and paid for it.

Put your money where your mouth is, Daisy.
    Good work - so not entirely connected to the other meeting then!
  • AshBurton said:

AshBurton said:

The club's PR reads like someone has remembered, at the last minute, to search and replace "the South Stand" in Cojones' draft with "the JIMMY SEED STAND" (in very shouty capitals). And quick, ring up one of his relatives and get a quote.

Actually JS's and the museum had been pushing for some action on this and the Sam Bartram stand entrance.

Club need to actually DO SOMETHING before claiming credit but even then they should have done it with out prombting and paid for it.

Put your money where your mouth is, Daisy.
    Good work - so not entirely connected to the other meeting then!
    Only in their heads.

I had already spoken to Jim Dutton about raising the money and we were talking to others who might help.

I still want this to happen but uncomfortable about how it's been twisted.