Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Members of East Kent Addicks to meet KM and other Senior Club personnel at 1.00 on Sat 27 August

Comments

• Greenie said:

mrbligh said:

Every single FOOL that contributes 1p towards the club in any way is part of the problem. If you are willing to fund our debacle you are part of it

Its shitty comments like this one that really do nobody any favours, so why make them?
    Because they have some substance?
  • Just remember one thing guys KM does not do history. I am sure in the past, if asked, the fans on this site would have raised the money within 48hours or less.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is great news! What next? Will the club work with fans to clean the loos? Work with fans to water the pitch or take out the rubbish post match? Work with fans to file their annual accounts.

They're trying to position run of the mill property maintenance as a gift to the fans.

Katrine's Latrines
  • This is great news! What next? Will the club work with fans to clean the loos? Work with fans to water the pitch or take out the rubbish post match? Work with fans to file their annual accounts. resign as directors

They're trying to position run of the mill property maintenance as a gift to the fans.

Corrected for you
  • edited September 2016
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

I thought the point of the Target 20k group was to bring ideas to the table on how to boost attendances, not how to undergo basic ground maintenance.

That's true - but if they can pick up a few quick wins for things that matter to existing fans that do attend then what's the harm? It's unlikely to have detracted from any other agenda and ideas in place - it's just an AOB that is going to move forwards now.

For people to think this is a con is just another example of "Damned if they do damned if they don't". It's a step in the right direction.

So was hiring Russell Slade, signing english players and getting rid of the shit from the regime (people have subsequently moaned we have no foreign flair players).
    So was opening communication channels with fans (it's happened with some Supporters Clubs and has been widely slated as they are not representative of the fans views).

People are slagging the club off for hiring a head of recruitment and then saying we are clueless when a rumour crops up that we have parted ways with him. I haven't seen it confirmed that he is gone. It's also rumoured Russell Slade wanted his own man and has got his way...but there are no positive soundbytes about this.

I think I saw they have invited season ticket holders to a lunch with Russell Slade. That's the sort of thing we did in years gone by.

We wanted our Charlton back and we are getting it. Slowly admittedly but it takes years to build a reputation and can take weeks to destroy one. As things stand we are as low as low can be but there are green shoots - moreso on the pitch. All of us can play a part in breathing some life into the club we all love. That's what makes Charlton Athletic what it is - support through adversity.

Good God, if all fans were like you we'd have a sofa in each corner and cheerleaders down the side of the pitch in front of the West Stand. They have been forced to make changes against their judgement, they are inept, deceiving and untrustworthy and will use any little thing for their own propaganda. As has been said, if they want to fix the sign just f**ckin do it and then shout about it. It really is pathetic and as long as people like you, East Kent Addicks and Target 20K continue to stick up for them the demise of this famous club will not stop.
    @Nug Harsh. I fucking hated the sofa and was embarrassed by the cheerleaders.

Now goal music....that's something I will champion...*

They aren't shouting about it - it's just communicating with the fans. You know, like we asked them to do.

*Note - that's a joke just in case someone thinks otherwise
  • Swisdom said:

cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

I thought the point of the Target 20k group was to bring ideas to the table on how to boost attendances, not how to undergo basic ground maintenance.

That's true - but if they can pick up a few quick wins for things that matter to existing fans that do attend then what's the harm? It's unlikely to have detracted from any other agenda and ideas in place - it's just an AOB that is going to move forwards now.

For people to think this is a con is just another example of "Damned if they do damned if they don't". It's a step in the right direction.

So was hiring Russell Slade, signing english players and getting rid of the shit from the regime (people have subsequently moaned we have no foreign flair players).
    So was opening communication channels with fans (it's happened with some Supporters Clubs and has been widely slated as they are not representative of the fans views).

People are slagging the club off for hiring a head of recruitment and then saying we are clueless when a rumour crops up that we have parted ways with him. I haven't seen it confirmed that he is gone. It's also rumoured Russell Slade wanted his own man and has got his way...but there are no positive soundbytes about this.

I think I saw they have invited season ticket holders to a lunch with Russell Slade. That's the sort of thing we did in years gone by.

We wanted our Charlton back and we are getting it. Slowly admittedly but it takes years to build a reputation and can take weeks to destroy one. As things stand we are as low as low can be but there are green shoots - moreso on the pitch. All of us can play a part in breathing some life into the club we all love. That's what makes Charlton Athletic what it is - support through adversity.

We will get our Charlton back , when they sell up and leave. The rest of it is just fluff and nonsense.
  • edited September 2016
    Swisdom said:

People complained about something - it's been acted upon - people complain it's being acted upon.

What's the fucking point

Everybody knows this will not bring an additional 10 or 15,000 fans through the door that will take a lot more time and effort. What is the harm in getting a few quick wins in in the meantime?

But that's not the role of Target 20k is it? Unless they're as deluded as Katrien Meire and think a lick of paint is going to bring in 15,000 fans.
  • I wonder if they asked Jimmy Seed's grandson his opinion on why they're so far away from 20,000 fans. He's pretty scathing on Twitter. Surprised they didn't ask him to sign an ABC before this.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if they asked Jimmy Seed's grandson his opinion on why they're so far away from 20,000 fans. He's pretty scathing on Twitter. Surprised they didn't ask him to sign an ABC before this.

@jamesmseed
  • TONY CAHONE IS A CNUT end of minutes from any meeting the wanka is in
  • T.C.E said:

My neighbours have brought to my attention the sign outside bearing the name of my house is fading and in need of tidying up a bit, I thanked them for bringing this to my attention and we are working together to rectify this situation. :)

Get Bailey to shit on their lawn mate. That'll keep their noses out in future.
  • Swisdom said:

cafc999 said:

@Swisdom

I have to disagree with your first and last sentences, also the bits in the middle.

I want my Charlton to play at the highest level in English football, which is not unattainable if you look at the make of clubs in the top flight. The owner isn't bothered where and who we play, just as long as he can continue with his experiment, which really is some sort of a con. Deliberately playing substandard players and selling on the assets. Even now, this season, it continues.
    The club has a reputation as a basket case at present, this will not change by employing second or third choice coaches or getting fans views on if they would like signs re-coloured.
    They, (owner and SMT), need to leave before green shoots of a good reputation appears.
  • TONY CAHONE IS A CNUT end of minutes from any meeting the wanka is in

He's feckin warned you before about your chat! ;)
  • i forgot ray sorry , swisdom get tone to invite me to tea where i can explain why he brings the swear words
  • i forgot ray sorry , swisdom get tone to invite me to tea where i can explain why he brings the swear words

http://www.bifm.org.uk/bifm/directories/showcase/1282
  • seth plum said:

Swisdom said:

Disappointed about some of the responses here.

People have complained about it on twitter, the museum have complained about it and Target20k raised it and it's now being addressed. Why the negative comments toward Target20k?

Of course this isn't going to suddenly bring in 10,000 extra fans but it goes some way towards showing the club is listening to the fans. Small steps and all that

What are the actual practicalities of this listening stuff you speak of?
    A group of three people are gathered together for a chat by Tony Keohane?
    The most representative and formally constituted group of fans, the Trust, have been systematically marginalised, and the last face to face was the Trust telling the regime to sell, that hasn't been listened to has it?
    Indeed fans were lied to by Katrien Miere on the day of Slades appointment when she said that interested investors wanted to leave the Valley, a claim she can't substantiate.
    Anyway, given the Graham Moore fiasco the refreshed sign on the Jimmy Seed stand will probably read 'The Roger Johnson Stand '.
    The Roland Duchatelet Stand
  • edited September 2016
    T.C.E said:

My neighbours have brought to my attention the sign outside bearing the name of my house is fading and in need of tidying up a bit, I thanked them for bringing this to my attention and we are working together to rectify this situation. :)

This to me is a sign, in a very literal sense, that everything is now absolutely brilliant everywhere, and has made me want to go round TCE's house every other Saturday to watch him play football in his back garden :wink: