Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Members of East Kent Addicks to meet KM and other Senior Club personnel at 1.00 on Sat 27 August

Comments

• Who is the fat bloke in a white shirt slouched to the right of Meire

It looked a woman in all honesty.

Made me chuckle that! Well observed.

The devil is in the detail, as our CEO is finding out. More than one way to skin a Katrien. Funny thing is, she's on the ropes and doesn't know it. Like an arrogant boxer shortly before the knockout punch is delivered. Her time will come and it will be sweeter than honey.

The devil is in the detail, as our CEO is finding out. More than one way to skin a Katrien. Funny thing is, she's on the ropes and doesn't know it. Like an arrogant boxer shortly before the knockout punch is delivered. Her time will come and it will be sweeter than honey.
    Maybe you're right but the impression I got from today is that they are going nowhere and that they believe that, eventually, the fans will come round or give up.

Her body language, especially, made her look very relaxed and very confident in her position.

There was a suggestion that RD would both want his full investment (loans) back if he were to sell and that he is more than happy to keep 'investing' money until we reach the Premier League, irrespective as to how long it takes.

Also, even though she didn't say so specifically, I got the impression that she is more than happy for people to stay away and to not buy things from the club. She did mention that the lack of income is noticeable (when answering a direct question) but she didn't sound too bothered about it. In all honesty if RD has a personal wealth of over £500m I can see why selling a few less burgers and programs would not have him reaching for the razor blades.

As you would expect the message was positive and 'encouraging' (assuming you believe it). If the 2/3 signings that she mentioned are decent and if we hold on to our current jewels the outlook (on the field) looks ok for the coming season. If we are promoted with a good squad, that might be able to cope with Championship football, it is going to be difficult to ignore that they have done what a lot of fans were calling for and the reason to have them leave will be more difficult to explain/justify.

I'm not sure what the outcome will be but I would say that she carried the room and many of them looked convinced that giving them a year to see how things pan out might be an acceptable approach. However, that is on the basis that, unless RD chooses to sell, there isn't really much of an alternative approach. Even if protesting and trying to cut off the clubs money doesn't damage the playing staff and/or the results on the pitch I don't, personally, think it will force RD to sell the club, and it was abundantly clear that KM doesn't believe he is going to sell, or remove her, anytime soon.
    So what was the mood of the East Kent Addicks at the end of the meeting?
  • Did she say sorry at any point?
  • We keep talking about RD having wealth of iver £500m but I don't know what this means.

I did a quick back of the envelope calculation on his Melexis shares and they were worth well over EUR 1bn, admittedly that's a paper number and not cash in the bank but he also has cash in the bank and other business interests.

Does anyone know how much he has liquid and how much paper money he's worth?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Tutt-Tutt said:

I dunno what the Target 20k group are looking pleased about in that photo with Brussell. SInce they've been formed the average attendance has dropped from 14k to 10k. I don't know how they are measuring their effectiveness, but it seems to me they are further away from 20k than when they started. I think they need a change of title.

Edit: Decided not to be a dick
  • edited August 2016
    Davo55 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

I dunno what the Target 20k group are looking pleased about in that photo with Brussell. SInce they've been formed the average attendance has dropped from 14k to 10k. I don't know how they are measuring their effectiveness, but it seems to me they are further away from 20k than when they started. I think they need a change of title.

Not needed @davo55
  • Davo55 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

They look more like Target 20 Stone
    Not needed @davo55
    Apart from anything else, that's me on a diet...
  • Davo55 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

They look more like Target 20 Stone
    Not needed @davo55
    Agreed and withdrawn. Sorry to anyone offended by my daft joke

Maybe you're right but the impression I got from today is that they are going nowhere and that they believe that, eventually, the fans will come round or give up.

Her body language, especially, made her look very relaxed and very confident in her position.

There was a suggestion that RD would both want his full investment (loans) back if he were to sell and that he is more than happy to keep 'investing' money until we reach the Premier League, irrespective as to how long it takes.

Also, even though she didn't say so specifically, I got the impression that she is more than happy for people to stay away and to not buy things from the club. She did mention that the lack of income is noticeable (when answering a direct question) but she didn't sound too bothered about it. In all honesty if RD has a personal wealth of over £500m I can see why selling a few less burgers and programs would not have him reaching for the razor blades.

As you would expect the message was positive and 'encouraging' (assuming you believe it). If the 2/3 signings that she mentioned are decent and if we hold on to our current jewels the outlook (on the field) looks ok for the coming season. If we are promoted with a good squad, that might be able to cope with Championship football, it is going to be difficult to ignore that they have done what a lot of fans were calling for and the reason to have them leave will be more difficult to explain/justify.

I'm not sure what the outcome will be but I would say that she carried the room and many of them looked convinced that giving them a year to see how things pan out might be an acceptable approach. However, that is on the basis that, unless RD chooses to sell, there isn't really much of an alternative approach. Even if protesting and trying to cut off the clubs money doesn't damage the playing staff and/or the results on the pitch I don't, personally, think it will force RD to sell the club, and it was abundantly clear that KM doesn't believe he is going to sell, or remove her, anytime soon.
    You sound like just the sort of easily pleased mug that KM and RD are looking for. The CAFC fan of the future. God help us!!!
  • rikofold said:

Davo55 said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Edit: Decided not to be a dick
    Not sure that's something you can decide my friend :wink:
    Haha maybe then "decided not to give yet further evidence...." :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I thought Shroedinger was blind :-)

Can't support @redman enough here. Had hoped to get RD/KM and assorted lackeys out last year. There is no doubt for me they still need to go, unfortunately, this is not true for everyone.