Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letters From Club - Agreed Behavioural Contracts ????

Comments

• Options
    Katrien Meire should resign. She ultimately, is responsible.
  • Options

They really are trying to destroy the heart and soul of this club :(

They've already succeeded in doing that Sheepie.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Statement due to be released.

They're going to make it worse....

Whatever they say they can't say the original email was not a "threat". It can't be misinterpreted.

Flaggie is dusting himself down right now.
  • Options

Katrien Meire should resign. She ultimately, is responsible.

Wishful thinking mate, she appears to have skin as thick as a Rhino.

Also I think I read on here that she has a poster on her office wall, along the lines of "Never Explain, Never apologise"
  • Options
    me76 said:

Talk sport just said they have heard from staff who have to sign an ABC to work at the club.

Oh dear!
  • Options
    It's only a matter of time before somewhere like The LAD Bible pick this up and it'll be all over Facebook and it'll have more coverage than any newspaper could give us.

Absolute disgrace of a club at the moment and I would rather not go to watch than have my thoughts and opinions oppressed by a CEO who can't keep their pathetic little mouth shut themselves.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Cafcspud said:

It's only a matter of time before somewhere like The LAD Bible pick this up and it'll be all over Facebook and it'll have more coverage than any newspaper could give us.

Absolute disgrace of a club at the moment and I would rather not go to watch than have my thoughts and opinions oppressed by a CEO who can't keep their pathetic little mouth shut themselves.

Joe.co.uk have and they have 3.5m likes.

https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/posts/719719234858812
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Wahey! Let's all get excited and stamp our feet and post pages and pages of bullshit!

One letter was sent to a season ticket purchaser, whom the club has identified as posting inflammatory statements on a social media website. None of you know the background to this letter, it may also have been complaints by other season ticket holders from last year.

He's been granted his ticket, but called in for a little chat, big deal!

Still, you carry on chaps, don't let anything get in the way of slagging the club off again will you!

Yeah, come on guys. To be fair to Essex_Al, the person who received this letter might literally be Hitler. We just don't know the background. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why the club is trying to control what people post on social media and it's no sinister at all!

It's funny how when the club threatens to withhold a season ticket based on social media comments it's just a 'little chat', so Al apparently knows exactly what will be going on in this conversation, but when people are repulsed by this letter they don't have all the information and so shouldn't comment. Al, the only thing more embarrassing than your double standards here is your refusal to see anything the club does as bad and your desire to jump down the throats of every single unhappy Charlton fan. Honestly, I've never known anyone who dislikes Charlton fans so much as you do and I worked with a load of Millwall fans
    Well, if this is such a big deal then, there will quite a number of letters dropping on the mats of posters on here then wont there?

But of course this is not going to happen, it's a one off letter, but you can all still wet your pants over it!

Oh, and I certainly have no desire to jump down the throats of every single unhappy fan, only the ones that enjoy the playground culture on here!
    You do realise it's you that causes the playground culture right? This was just a thread about the letter before you steamed in accusing people of posting 'pages and pages of bullshit'.

Is it a one off letter? Do you know this for a fact? If you do, great, but I don't know where that was confirmed. And the point is, even as a one off, telling a fan that if they post something the club doesn't like on social media they'll have their access to their football club revoked is shocking
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafcspud said:

Joe.co.uk already have it.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Statement due to be released. They're going to make it worse.... Whatever they say they can't say the original email was not a "threat". It can't be misinterpreted.

Given Squirrel Face's previous in this area, she will claim there have been abusive/racist/sexist comments (obviously subject to an internal investigation) without going into any specifics and then claim the club is trying to stamp out such behaviour and should not be vilified for that. None of the core issues - freedom of speech (within reason) or how the club has time to trawl social media and track people down will be addresses.
  • Options
    Shame she doesn't spend as much time trying to sign quality players as she does trawling the Internet to pin down fans.
  • Options

I'd love to see Sue Parkes defend the club on this one

Pretty sure she already agrees with every single word.
  • Options
    Just seen this letter, fucking mental how rotted this club is from the inside.

Simple and known statement but ill repeat it again....They are not welcome and they need to leave.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I am working with Joe.co.uk and mentioned it to them earlier this morning - something may pop up soon.

Edit - seen they have run with it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Google will be busy in the next few days.
    Katy, darling, you better get Roland's bank details handy as this 'sweep' might cost a bit more than the previous times.
  • Options
    I just got a call from BBC 5 Live, they may be covering it shortly
  • Options
    Why on earth is a Duty Safety Officer sending out a letter.
    I could understand it coming from customer services or the ticket office but Duty Safety Officer, this is ridiculous.
    Surely his job is about monitoring safety in the workplace not lecturing someone on social media, if he does then he doesn't have any understanding of it because thing is going viral!
    He and the club deserve everything they get.
  • Options
    Blimey. What a shambles. You'd think they're sitting around trying to come up with ways to keep the fire burning in the protesters hearts.
    Whatever they say I've no doubt that somehow they'll make it worse for the regime.
    They are absolutely clueless.
  • Options
    https://www.change.org/p/david-gill-remove-charlton-athletic-ceo-katrien-meire-from-the-fa-council?recruiter=583743050&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

The petition seems to be getting signatories again... I've poped it on Twitter myself, but time for EVERYONE to give it another airing I think.
  • Options
    So the statement from the club will say we sorted it out with the fan in question, mountain out of a molehill etc...

Still doesn't mean you didn't send the letter.
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

Why on earth is a Duty Safety Officer sending out a letter.
    I could understand it coming from customer services or the ticket office but Duty Safety Officer, this is ridiculous.
    Surely his job is about monitoring safety in the workplace not lecturing someone on social media, if he does then he doesn't have any understanding of it because thing is going viral!
    He and the club deserve everything they get.

Why the hell is a Duty safety officer lecturing someone on how they are behaving on social media.

Makes no sense.

Trying to suggest the person in question is of a physical threat of some kind.