Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letters From Club - Agreed Behavioural Contracts ????

Comments

• Options
    I cannot believe they are so stupid. Incredible
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I've only just read through this thread.

I was about to post "this has got to be a joke, right?" then I realised I was on CL and this is Charlton we're talking about. This is beyond the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen from any football club.

Exactly the same here. I thought it was a spoof. But good old CAFC have managed to exceed satire. Yet again.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Apparently Cliff Eager has apologised to Slade about the letter so it's all OK now.

Apparently Donald Trump is back in the presidential running after apologising to Slade for his recent comments and gaffs!
  • Options
    Have just email Cliff Eager and asked if the letter is genuine and also what restrictions will apply to me if I buy a season-ticket. Let's see.
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. I think we should call in the psychologists cos our owners are fooking nuts and in dire need of help. There is no other explanation for their continual faux pas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No,19 in my twitter trending.
  • Options
    Shouldnt everyone on CL with a season ticket expect a letter now?
  • Options
    Km: "Roly, guess what, we are blowing with popularity on twitter! Everyone will know about cafc and us!"

Roly: "Excellent, how come? What's happened?"

Km: "huh?....well.....there is no such thing as bad publicity, remember that"
  • Options
    Talksport all over it right now
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Km: "Roly, guess what, we are blowing with popularity on twitter! Everyone will know about cafc and us!"

Roly: "Excellent, how come? What's happened?"

Km: "huh?....well.....there is no such thing as bad publicity, remember that"

Sort of reminds me of the sex on the pitch vid
  • Options
    one of my staff just called me to tell me it's all over Talksport right now.

I don't think this has had the desired effect
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Cliff Eager - you should do the honourable thing and resign. Your position at CAFC is now untenable as your name and actions are being ridiculed on social media throughout the country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Wahey! Let's all get excited and stamp our feet and post pages and pages of bullshit!

One letter was sent to a season ticket purchaser, whom the club has identified as posting inflammatory statements on a social media website. None of you know the background to this letter, it may also have been complaints by other season ticket holders from last year.

He's been granted his ticket, but called in for a little chat, big deal!

Still, you carry on chaps, don't let anything get in the way of slagging the club off again will you!

Yeah, come on guys. To be fair to Essex_Al, the person who received this letter might literally be Hitler. We just don't know the background. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why the club is trying to control what people post on social media and it's no sinister at all!

It's funny how when the club threatens to withhold a season ticket based on social media comments it's just a 'little chat', so Al apparently knows exactly what will be going on in this conversation, but when people are repulsed by this letter they don't have all the information and so shouldn't comment. Al, the only thing more embarrassing than your double standards here is your refusal to see anything the club does as bad and your desire to jump down the throats of every single unhappy Charlton fan. Honestly, I've never known anyone who dislikes Charlton fans so much as you do and I worked with a load of Millwall fans
    Well, if this is such a big deal then, there will quite a number of letters dropping on the mats of posters on here then wont there?

But of course this is not going to happen, it's a one off letter, but you can all still wet your pants over it!

Oh, and I certainly have no desire to jump down the throats of every single unhappy fan, only the ones that enjoy the playground culture on here!
    Well, if this is not a big deal then, no-one else will think its noteworthy will they? Just the pantwetters on CL...
  • Options
    Deemed.
    Another useless word defined on the hoof by anybody who wants to bend things their way.
    Deemed.

Mr Eager this is the way to start your new job is it?
    I suppose you have a direct line to your ex police colleagues in order to whistle up any back up you want.