Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letters From Club - Agreed Behavioural Contracts ????

Comments

• Options

Boysie said:

Recognise with a "z" ?

Behaviour without a u?
    His computer must be set for the American spelling.
  • Options

My understanding is that there is only one of these letters and that the matter has been resolved amicably and without any "contract".

This - its def real and there is context as said person worked for the club at some stage I believe,that in no way changes the fact it's a disgrace that they're trying to bully in that manner.
  • Options

it doesn't matter that it was a one off and has been allegedly amicably settled, one of the basic freedoms of our democracy is the one of free speech, this letter tries to curtail that freedom.

Precisely.

"You have the freedom to say what you want.....just not that"

They are so crap at sorting this out it isn't funny.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Would love to know who the person that received this was. I mean we all post pretty negative stuff about the club on social media/on here so for only one of these letters to be sent out, this person must have really hit a nerve.

I don't think we need to know who received this, that's clearly a private matter. What would be useful would be to know the nature of the comments that were made, perhaps this was a softer way of trying to get the individual to calm it down a bit if they were running the risk of breaking the law than getting the police involved and/or getting a banning order.
    Yes that's what I mean really. What has this person posted that has warranted this letter would be interesting to know.
  • Options
    Apparently recognise is now spelt with a Z too.
  • Options
    We're not American and neither is he.
  • Options
    The regime that keeps on giving. If this was me, I'd ask for an immediate refund. We are really at war with this lot, aren't we.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Season Ticket Handover Initiation Ceremony
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV-D_K4drsA
  • Options
    So I'm a firm believe in Hanlon's razor, which can sort of be applied here - "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice."

But this is Charlton we're talking about. What the fuck is this?! The only potential explanation is that someone has made a few *really* bad comments and the club wants to draw attention to that...? But then that would be incitement, or some sort of legal thing, so wouldn't they be banned anyway?

And a couple of points to address, not that it makes this excusable or any good:

- Charlton have the right to refuse entry/deny ST sales/revoke ST sales for any reason, as they're essentially a private entity(?) or similar

- The club isn't trying to curtail free speech. It's more a warning that yeah sure you can say what you like, but the Club has the right to respond to the free speech as well with whatever action they deem necessary/appropriate.

But what a fucking clusterfuck this is. I'm going to go and get my popcorn...
  • Options
    So when Katrien says the fans have to accept he does it his way, when Roger Johnson says if we don't like it we can eff off, we now have Cliff Eager saying if you come to games they demand unquestioning love and devotion.
    They say they are responding to fan concerns.
    This is supposed to mean that a fan or fans have complained to the club about what is written on social media.
    So if a Theatre Critic lambasts
    a play, an audience member complains about it to the theatre company about the critic?
    This is called building a better tomorrow together.

Magritte was a surreal artist, so all this malarkey makes perfect sense to a Belgian.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Essex_Al said:

Wahey! Let's all get excited and stamp our feet and post pages and pages of bullshit!

One letter was sent to a season ticket purchaser, whom the club has identified as posting inflammatory statements on a social media website. None of you know the background to this letter, it may also have been complaints by other season ticket holders from last year.

He's been granted his ticket, but called in for a little chat, big deal!

Still, you carry on chaps, don't let anything get in the way of slagging the club off again will you!

Whilst I agree that certain things are jumped on by angry fans this is beyond ridiculous, they can't control you and your views and if this person posted anything really unacceptable then legal action should have been considered. This is just stupid, it makes them look petty yet again, especially with spelling mistakes in the letter (I could have written it is and that shows how shows how bad it is).
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Holy shit, the player recruitment and whatever is bad but this is... fucking hell.

Someone needs to go Jason Bourne on these pricks.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Wahey! Let's all get excited and stamp our feet and post pages and pages of bullshit!

One letter was sent to a season ticket purchaser, whom the club has identified as posting inflammatory statements on a social media website. None of you know the background to this letter, it may also have been complaints by other season ticket holders from last year.

Still, you carry on chaps, don't let anything get in the way of slagging the club off again will you!

Predictable as always
  • Options
    CHG said:

Subordinate apologists, KM lap dogs, you carry on @Essex_Al

Ha ha, Cheers mate!

I'm a Sheltered Housing Manager for the elderly and I write behavioural letters all the time and call them in for a chat. Sweet and innocent pensioners, don't you believe it!
  • Options
    Who knew Gandhi's teachings on oppression would resonate with the running of a football club in 2016.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016

I'd like to know if Roger Johnson has an ABC.

Another batch of C? Allegedly
  • Options
    So the club introduces it's own brand of ASBO. Absolutely outrageous. Who the hell do they think they are.
  • Options

I'd like to know if Roger Johnson has an ABC.

Probably not got beyond the stage of a toddler's picture book.
  • Options
    Someone mentioned this to me in Bury last week that somebody they knew had received one. I didn't think it was serious - maybe it was!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Start calling you toenails you're so far up their arse.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Yeah, come on guys. To be fair to Essex_Al, the person who received this letter might literally be Hitler. We just don't know the background. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why the club is trying to control what people post on social media and it's no sinister at all!

It's funny how when the club threatens to withhold a season ticket based on social media comments it's just a 'little chat', so Al apparently knows exactly what will be going on in this conversation, but when people are repulsed by this letter they don't have all the information and so shouldn't comment. Al, the only thing more embarrassing than your double standards here is your refusal to see anything the club does as bad and your desire to jump down the throats of every single unhappy Charlton fan. Honestly, I've never known anyone who dislikes Charlton fans so much as you do and I worked with a load of Millwall fans
  • Options
    Seem to be going down the Blackpool route - I imagine the club will start taking supporters to court over offensive comments posted online.
    Target 0K cant be far off.