Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letters From Club - Agreed Behavioural Contracts ????

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    If this letter is geniune it really is fantastic. Its going to be all over the press.

Well done you tossers. You've gone and shot yourselves in the foot again!

CARD should have a field day with this.
  • Options
    iainment said:

johnny73 said:

cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

This guy who wrote the letter, is he new to the role?

The one thing I don't want to happen is this guy get completely ruined by this. This should fall firmly on the CEO and executive team. Yes it may have been a stupid thing to attach his name too, but surely any club correspondence gets signed off before being sent out.

I'm just saying it won't be nice for this guy if he's now a laughing stock etc, that needs to be firmly at the top. He's prob gonna lose his job as it is. That's enough

I'm not so sure our beloved leader can be blamed for this.

This guy was ex-plod of a fairly senior rank. He will be well used to running his fiefdom with a rod of iron. It comes as quite a culture shock to retired officers when they have to go off and do a job elsewhere. It takes some quite a while to realise they are now just a small fish in a big pond rather than running their own nick.

I would not be at all surprised if this was not his own "initiative".

In the the unlikely event the club admit they have made a mistake then I'd imagine this is the angle they will take. Eager will probably be fired as a result.
    Absolutely unfit for his job on this evidence. Still thinks he's a copper rather than a jumped up H&S Officer. Shows all the disdain of fans required by Duchatelet so will probably be promoted rather than sacked.
    Can't disagree with you but would like this to damage Meire and Duchatelet instead of a subordinate.
  • Options
    Surely we are now the No.1 basket case in football ahead of Blackpool and Leeds.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

Fuck em... time to walk away one and all...

Fully agree.
  • Options

What does Mark Clemmit think?

He helped her pen it!!
  • Options
    Lad who got it live on talk sport now
  • Options
    Fella who received the letter on the talksport phone in more (right after the news).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a joke club, what a prick to write that letter.

Fuck off pinochio and take the bunch of useless management team with you.
  • Options
    Can't wait for today's Media Watch on the OS. Or will we witness further censorship?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Have to saying, I'm wetting myself reading this thread ... Life certainly isn't dull being a CAFC fan

Unless you are actually watching the football of course.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    I think they mean an internal problem.
  • Options
    Just come to this thread.

HA haha haha ha ha ha haha!!!!!

Almost worth buying a s/t (not) just to get a letter. Badge of pride!
  • Options
    Technical issues at The Valley are the least of their problems
  • Options
    The club have been wanting to ban certain fans for negative comments on social media for a while now , it is only the few remaining sensible employees at the club that have stopped them doing it before now
  • Options
    Okay, let me play devil's advocate for a moment here. Does anyone know what was said, or at least have a summary of it (sorry if I've missed it in the 10 pages)? There are certain things, racism, sexism, threats of violence, etc. when, even if they're said on social media, can and should lead to consequences. The letter is silly and petulant ("Silly and Petulant" should be on the club letterhead), and the ABC (sometimes, you need to look at your acronym and say to yourself "No, I'm going to work a little harder on that") is over the top. But all that said, it would be nice to have a little bit of context.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And yes, we got it wrong with the managers and the players, but that happens, that’s why clubs get relegated, that doesn’t mean that everything else is shit.

• Options
    edited August 2016

cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

This guy who wrote the letter, is he new to the role?

The one thing I don't want to happen is this guy get completely ruined by this. This should fall firmly on the CEO and executive team. Yes it may have been a stupid thing to attach his name too, but surely any club correspondence gets signed off before being sent out.

I'm just saying it won't be nice for this guy if he's now a laughing stock etc, that needs to be firmly at the top. He's prob gonna lose his job as it is. That's enough

I'm not so sure our beloved leader can be blamed for this.

This guy was ex-plod of a fairly senior rank. He will be well used to running his fiefdom with a rod of iron. It comes as quite a culture shock to retired officers when they have to go off and do a job elsewhere. It takes some quite a while to realise they are now just a small fish in a big pond rather than running their own nick.

I would not be at all surprised if this was not his own "initiative".

We got it now mate. You're not too keen on 'plod'!
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

WSS said:
    I think they mean the phones are ringing off the hook quick bury our heads in the sand and they might all go away lol
  • Options
    4 bowman said:

LordDofB said:

WSS said:
    I think they mean the phones are ringing off the hook quick bury our heads in the sand and they might all go away lol
    "If we don't answer the phones do you think they'll just stop ringing on their own?"
  • Options

Come on time for a new chant
    ABC
    Easy as 1,2,3
    Please don’t ban me
    It’s Charlton I want to see
    ABC, Katie you and me

I'll get working on Rockin' Robin next

No?..............

I'll get me coat

And that is exactly why sometimes, when you have an acronym, you need to stop before hitting "print" and work just that little bit harder.
  • Options
    LordDofB said:

WSS said:
    Tbf technically she's not employed by the club ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    this lot are a PR disaster aint they but for CARD etc surely a great OG to be used endlessly ?

we do however have a bit of a history re "the Club" and its fans

* Rochdale away in the 70z crowd 850 !! when the fans tried to attack the directors---Valley away (ran by Mick Walker) was "banned--of course it just went on with the club not promoting it.

* Andy Nelson " our fans are just drunken louts".

* The placing of seats in the Covered End--no consultation and we were expelled to the side

* Mark Aiselwood giving the fans the 2 fingers after a shit game. Mind you he went on to be Player of the Season.

* The famous piece of A4 paper informing us we would be moving to Shitouts Park in 3 weeks. Handed out as you went in against Palarse of all teams

Sadly wining the PR war wont get rid of a cult whose leader leaves abroad