Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letters From Club - Agreed Behavioural Contracts ????

Comments

• Options
    The fan in question hasn't been on yet I think.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Okay, let me play devil's advocate for a moment here. Does anyone know what was said, or at least have a summary of it (sorry if I've missed it in the 10 pages)? There are certain things, racism, sexism, threats of violence, etc. when, even if they're said on social media, can and should lead to consequences. The letter is silly and petulant ("Silly and Petulant" should be on the club letterhead), and the ABC (sometimes, you need to look at your acronym and say to yourself "No, I'm going to work a little harder on that") is over the top. But all that said, it would be nice to have a little bit of context.

I don't know what was said but surely if they were sexist/racist or threatening violence the letter would have said so. The letter states "not particularly constructive".
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    i did suggest that they change "shop a fan" at GoonerVille to " burn a fan"
  • Options

If this letter is geniune it really is fantastic. Its going to be all over the press.

Well done you tossers. You've gone and shot yourselves in the foot again!

CARD should have a field day with this.

It is

A quick search shows that the story is now in the online versions of the Mail and Sun

The club can be relied on to keep providing these PR disasters
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

CONFIRMED: @Atletico Addick is Nick Collins' wife!

Don't be so damn right rude!

His name is Mick..........

:- )
  • Options
    On now
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Okay, let me play devil's advocate for a moment here. Does anyone know what was said, or at least have a summary of it (sorry if I've missed it in the 10 pages)? There are certain things, racism, sexism, threats of violence, etc. when, even if they're said on social media, can and should lead to consequences. The letter is silly and petulant ("Silly and Petulant" should be on the club letterhead), and the ABC (sometimes, you need to look at your acronym and say to yourself "No, I'm going to work a little harder on that") is over the top. But all that said, it would be nice to have a little bit of context.

I don't know what was said but surely if they were sexist/racist or threatening violence the letter would have said so. The letter states "not particularly constructive".
    Agreed, was giving those as examples, and as I said, playing a bit of devil's advocate here. But it would be nice to see the comments in question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LoOkOuT said:

CONFIRMED: @Atletico Addick is Nick Collins' wife!

Don't be so damn right rude!

His name is Mick..........

:- )
    Autocorrect!
  • Options

SDAddick said:

You are not playing "Devil's Advocate - you are just too lazy to read the preceding comments on this thread image -:)
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

I haven't read any other threads for hours now

There's some BIG news on the Transfer Rumours Thread!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options

cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

This guy who wrote the letter, is he new to the role?

The one thing I don't want to happen is this guy get completely ruined by this. This should fall firmly on the CEO and executive team. Yes it may have been a stupid thing to attach his name too, but surely any club correspondence gets signed off before being sent out.

I'm just saying it won't be nice for this guy if he's now a laughing stock etc, that needs to be firmly at the top. He's prob gonna lose his job as it is. That's enough

I'm not so sure our beloved leader can be blamed for this.

This guy was ex-plod of a fairly senior rank. He will be well used to running his fiefdom with a rod of iron. It comes as quite a culture shock to retired officers when they have to go off and do a job elsewhere. It takes some quite a while to realise they are now just a small fish in a big pond rather than running their own nick.

I would not be at all surprised if this was not his own "initiative".

We got it now mate. You're not too keen on 'plod'!

Don't get me wrong. Many of them are charming people. (I have to say that my sister is one.) Some of my mates are ex-plod. It's just that years of experience having to work with them and having ex-plod on my team leaves you with a somewhat tainted view of their levels of competence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunday nights are when all official club statements are issued, at least the ones that should be taken seriously are. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PeterGage said:

SDAddick said:

You are not playing "Devil's Advocate - you are just too lazy to read the preceding comments on this thread image -:)
    It's 4am here and I've woken up to insanity! I did my best but only got through the first four pages. Gonna get caffeine in me then I'll keep reading.

Which is a long way of saying "yeahhhhh"
  • Options

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-statement-3243379.aspx#wjJSaGTFwx5RMy2Y.99http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-statement-3243379.aspx

The statement is out. Contrasts very heavily with what the involved individual is saying on TalkSport right now.

I'm sure we're all utterly shocked by that
  • Options

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-statement-3243379.aspx#wjJSaGTFwx5RMy2Y.99http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-statement-3243379.aspx

The statement is out. Contrasts very heavily with what the involved individual is saying on TalkSport right now.

Seems to suggest that stadium cameras record audio as well as video...

I wonder is this the people videoing protests?

If not, does the club inform us that CCTV captures images and sounds (there's an outside chance of a DPA issue)?
  • Options

If this letter is geniune it really is fantastic. Its going to be all over the press.

Well done you tossers. You've gone and shot yourselves in the foot again!

CARD should have a field day with this.

It is

A quick search shows that the story is now in the online versions of the Mail and Sun

The club can be relied on to keep providing these PR disasters
    Yeah but I'm afraid the incident will get lost going on the headlines:

"FOREIGNS WRITE BRAVE LION LETTER TRYING TO TAKE AWAY HIS GOD GIVEN RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH!"
  • Options
    a disappointing lack of obvious gaffes in that statement
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

cabbles said:

This guy who wrote the letter, is he new to the role?

The one thing I don't want to happen is this guy get completely ruined by this. This should fall firmly on the CEO and executive team. Yes it may have been a stupid thing to attach his name too, but surely any club correspondence gets signed off before being sent out.

I'm just saying it won't be nice for this guy if he's now a laughing stock etc, that needs to be firmly at the top. He's prob gonna lose his job as it is. That's enough

I'm not so sure our beloved leader can be blamed for this.

This guy was ex-plod of a fairly senior rank. He will be well used to running his fiefdom with a rod of iron. It comes as quite a culture shock to retired officers when they have to go off and do a job elsewhere. It takes some quite a while to realise they are now just a small fish in a big pond rather than running their own nick.

I would not be at all surprised if this was not his own "initiative".

We got it now mate. You're not too keen on 'plod'!
    Don't get me wrong. Many of them are charming people. (I have to say that my sister is one.) Some of my mates are ex-plod. It's just that years of experience having to work with them and having ex-plod on my team leaves you with a somewhat tainted view of their levels of competence.

Hope the fan didn't fall down the stairs after the meeting