Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury v Charlton Athletic | Sat 06 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited August 2016

Definitely agree to go with Ba:

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce
    Johnson
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Ba
    Lookman
    Novak
    Ajose

Bench:

Phillips
    Konsa
    Holmes-Dennis
    Foley (I think he will have signed a pay as you play deal of some kind that went through before the deadline)
    Jackson
    Ahearne Grant
    Hanlan

Swop Bauer for Rojo, Diarra for Crofts, add Umerah to the bench, RCC and our mysterious midfielder (hope it's Adeyami) with Tex still here, Kashi and perhaps with another goalscorer that is a squad that could win the Champ let alone L1. Given nobody else is sold. A fit Igor hopefully to return. I am vacillating over my stance as a protester. Will keep powder dry until Sept 1st.

An all time classic even by your standards. Our squad could win The Championship, let alone L1.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
  • Slade is a genius, I've just seen the team.
    We are playing 5 5 3 fuckin stop that Bury
  • 5-5-3 would give us a definite advantage.
  • Slade is a genius, I've just seen the team.
    We are playing 5 5 3 fuckin stop that Bury

You've had a few!
  • He'll probably score tomorrow.

"League One side Bury have signed striker Chris Brown on a one-year deal after his release by Blackburn Rovers.

The 31-year-old spent two seasons at Rovers but failed to score in his 41 appearances.

Brown came through the youth system at Sunderland and has played for Doncaster Rovers, Hull City, Norwich City and Preston North End.

His deal includes the option of another year and he is available for Saturday's season opener against Charlton."

The only reason we didn't compete for his signature is because he doesn't get injured enough :wink:
    £5 on him to score first tomorrow then
  • Saga Lout said:

Fucking hell - 8 pages for a preview thread! Some of us sure are lost without our football fix!

I predict an 8-0 win for Charlton and the collapse of CARD.

No chance of either.
  • Genuinely struggle to see where the creativity is going to come from. Have a sneaking suspicion if might come just too soon for Nowak. As a result we're looking at having Lookman and Ajose up front, presumably with JJ on the wing, or a 4-1-4-1 with Lookman on the left and a potential midfield of Foley, JJ, and Crofts.

A Lookman moment of magic, a JJ free kick, or a set piece is really all I can see us getting. I'd love to be wrong but none of our three central midfielders are great passers of the ball, and I think we're going to really struggle to create things for Ajose. We're probably going to be hard to beat this year, but I doubt we'll be fun to watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Captain fantastic idea gonna score te winner's.... jocko
  • Captain fantastic idea gonna score te winner's.... jocko

Few beers last night?
  • Nice to see paddy power offering odds on players who don't even play for us for today.

• I've put a couple of bets on addicks winning today, and tried to predict the score as well.
  • Novak playing will be the key for us. He has to make it.
  • http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14351895

Five years ago today something special started.
  • 2-0 charlton
  • I can't see us winning this one, 2-0 to Bury.
  • http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14351895

Five years ago today something special started.

Wow - I forget Elliott was in goal for us.

And look where the respective teams are now? I remember thinking Bournemouth looked shit and it was an easy win.

Looking at the two line ups - today v that game. Main difference in quality for me is the centre of midfield. Other than that, we compare ok on paper.
  • COYR no matter how much I despise the regime and the duplicitous ways, I always want us to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• We generally start the season well, so I expect us to win, before a few injuries kick in and our tissue paper depth is exposed.

Deep down there is a little bit of me that wants to get excited about football returning but the overwhelming apathy of my mood is keeping it subdued. My second year without a season ticket, before that I was coasting towards 20+ years.
  • I predict we'll be tough to break down, but will struggle to create anything going forward.

1-0 Bury
  • jamescafc said:

Captain fantastic idea gonna score te winner's.... jocko

Few beers last night?
    Whoops.....
  • jamescafc said:

Captain fantastic idea gonna score te winner's.... jocko

Few beers last night?
    Whoops.....
  • Rudd
    Solly
    Pearce
    Johnson
    Fox
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Jackson
    Lookman
    Ajose
    Novak

1-2

Ajose and Pearce with the goals
  • edited August 2016
    442 changing to a 4312 with Jacko going from LM to CM and Holmes in the hole.

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce
    Johnson
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Ba
    Jackson
    Novak
    Ajose

Lookman on bench.

Well done to those travelling up there!

• Our we having a match thread as sitting round the pool in Rhodes at the moment as I would like to keep up
    Gutted I'm here and missing the Bury game - not
  • Predicted that we'd win today.
    But I'm saying draw now.
    Just watched Slades pre match press conference and it seems to me that we're really not ready yet.
    1-1 but will improve over August.

Looks ok to me
    3-1 or 3-2
    Shaky nervous start by rudd couple of silly mistakes but we regroup better second half after a harsh talking to by slade and grind out a win after a couple of belters by ajose
    hes on fire

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!