Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury v Charlton Athletic | Sat 06 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Left sorting out tickets etc to the last minute, anyone know if it's still possible to get tickets and coach tickets? Maybe ordering online tomorrow for collection Friday? Completely forgot the ticket office was a part time call centre...
  • Left sorting out tickets etc to the last minute, anyone know if it's still possible to get tickets and coach tickets? Maybe ordering online tomorrow for collection Friday? Completely forgot the ticket office was a part time call centre...

You're not into forward planning I take it?
  • SDAddick said:

Cheers Elfsborg. We will go on that basis. Is Ricky buying each of the 900 travelling fans a free pint?

I'm joking...obviously!

Should be a good atmosphere with close to a thousand fans. I'm looking forward to it. Especially if we bring in more players between now and Sat. 2-0 the addicks.

Only the ones I like - on that basis, I'll just be buying myself one. I don't even like my mates that I'm meeting in Manchester.

@ricky_otto I love your vulgar sense of humour and, on that basis, will happily buy you a beer. I have no idea what you look like but imagine you wear a long plastic mac. Am I right?
    If it adds to my freebies for Saturday how vulgar do I need to be?
    I really hope the adorable little flirting you two have been doing via posts over the past few days ends up in something romantic on Saturday. You've become the CL "Ross and Rachel" (to the yoot: am I using that right?). Will they, won't they, will they, won't they? Call me old fashioned but I love a good love story.
    Happy to be likened to Rachel but in reality I'm a middle-aged, menopausal woman. According to Elfsborg I look old enough to get an over 60s ticket so unless he likes em old I'm not in with a chance.

Keep an eye on your in box, Dave Mehmet will be in touch soon. :smiley:
    Forget whatever internet dating site, (try and)forget tinder, Charlton Life is the new dating site.

Free as well!
    For the time being, Lookout & AFKA will smell a profit with this :smile:
  • Left sorting out tickets etc to the last minute, anyone know if it's still possible to get tickets and coach tickets? Maybe ordering online tomorrow for collection Friday? Completely forgot the ticket office was a part time call centre...

Je suis Katrien.

Je suis Katrien.
    Jag hata squirrel face!
  • SDAddick said:

Cheers Elfsborg. We will go on that basis. Is Ricky buying each of the 900 travelling fans a free pint?

I'm joking...obviously!

Should be a good atmosphere with close to a thousand fans. I'm looking forward to it. Especially if we bring in more players between now and Sat. 2-0 the addicks.

Only the ones I like - on that basis, I'll just be buying myself one. I don't even like my mates that I'm meeting in Manchester.

@ricky_otto I love your vulgar sense of humour and, on that basis, will happily buy you a beer. I have no idea what you look like but imagine you wear a long plastic mac. Am I right?
    I really hope the adorable little flirting you two have been doing via posts over the past few days ends up in something romantic on Saturday. You've become the CL "Ross and Rachel" (to the yoot: am I using that right?). Will they, won't they, will they, won't they? Call me old fashioned but I love a good love story.
    Happy to be likened to Rachel but in reality I'm a middle-aged, menopausal woman. According to Elfsborg I look old enough to get an over 60s ticket so unless he likes em old I'm not in with a chance.

Keep an eye on your in box, Dave Mehmet will be in touch soon. :smiley:
    Forget whatever internet dating site, (try and)forget tinder, Charlton Life is the new dating site.

Free as well!
    For the time being, Lookout & AFKA will smell a profit with this :smile:
    As long as they cut me in.
  • Redhenry said:

@Shakers
    How does your team compare to last season?

I don't know. Season hasn't started yet :-) Seriously, no-one ever knows at this stage. We've lost a few players, mainly the higher earners. But we've brought in a few on the face of it, good ones. Wish Soares would have gone. Our manager sees no wrong in him. Most fans realise he should be a good player, but he's lazy with a rubbish attitude. You can see why teams have shelled out a lot for him, but why he has ended up at Bury
  • ok so no to Soares then.
  • Bury 0 Charlton 4! We have to much for Bury! Ajose on his return to his old loan club and fact he was born in Bury will get him a hattrick! Crofts or Holmes will get the other goal! But unfortunately the score line will lead RD and KM to thinking we don't need anymore new players! Also Lookman will come on and run them raged which almost sees us getting more goals but despite the 0-4 scoreline Kirkland will have a good game for Bury on his debut! We can dream can't we!
  • Can I have some of those optimistic pills? :D
  • Sponsored links:

• uie2 said:

Bury 0 Charlton 4! We have to much for Bury! Ajose on his return to his old loan club and fact he was born in Bury will get him a hattrick! Crofts or Holmes will get the other goal! But unfortunately the score line will lead RD and KM to thinking we don't need anymore new players! Also Lookman will come on and run them raged which almost sees us getting more goals but despite the 0-4 scoreline Kirkland will have a good game for Bury on his debut! We can dream can't we!

I would be surprised! But you never know!
  • There is always a chance, this being league 1 and all that, that Bury will be absolute shite........just sayin.
  • There is always a chance, this being league 1 and all that, that Bury will be absolute shite........just sayin.

There is always a chance,this being league 1 and all that,that Charlton will be absolute shite......just sayin

Fixed for you :)

There is always a chance,this being league 1 and all that,that Charlton will be absolute shite......just sayin

Fixed for you :)
    Ta. I was making the assumption that we will be absolute shite. :-)
  • Uninspiring 1-1 draw.
    philcafc said:

Uninspiring 1-1 draw.

Inspiring win in front of an impressive and noisey away following in a 'I was there' game of future CharltonLife legend.

philcafc said:

Uninspiring 1-1 draw.

Inspiring win in front of an impressive and noisey away following in a 'I was there' game of future CharltonLife legend.

Can picture it now .... 2036 and a discussion with a fan you bump into on Saturn on your summer hols 'do you remember that 1-0 win at Bury on the opening day of the 2016/17 season? What a great penalty that was by Nicky Ajose, rescued a great point. Shame it ended in relegation. Looking forward to next season in the Kent Pub League. Roland has done a great job saving the Club, we were going nowhere before he arrived.'
  • Tom Soares. Bloody hell. One of the 900 loans Pardew brought in during our first season back in the Champ I think
  • Bury are a very unbalanced team with only one left footer in the team. It is also an aging team and knowing a player who was there last season and chatting with him has no time for Flitcroft. Training is very poor and does not have a good reputation within the game for a young manager.
    There is an issue at the moment with Clarke and the Sheff Utd saga, so with the pace and movement in the team i can see nothing but a 2-0 or 3-0 win for Charlton.
  • How many tickets have we sold for this?
  • Sponsored links:

• How many tickets have we sold for this?

Best part of a 1,000 expecting alot of walk ups
  • Starting to feel excited now.

3-0 to us. COYR.
  • 2-0 RoJo brace
  • So.
    Is the Old MacDonald Rojo song still on?
  • 2-0 win.

Holmes and Ajose.
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

Wtf, we're fighting over Mr Otto!
    You're all going to be very pissed off when I turn up with my mate Colin.
    That's alright because I would have had six free pints by then and I'll be very pleased to see Colin!
    I hope you won't be wearing your sleeping bag on Saturday....
  • The key to this game is ensuring Pearce starts and even more importantly - Novak starts.

Cos without Novak alongside him, I am not sure Ajose will do a lot at all.
  • edited August 2016

SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

That's alright because I would have had six free pints by then and I'll be very pleased to see Colin!
    Probably reappear at Bradford.

A bargain Ralph at £70
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

Probably reappear at Bradford.

A bargain Ralph at £70
    Ralph Coates? (Very apt!)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!