Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury v Charlton Athletic | Sat 06 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Without doubt, the most nailed-on boring 0-0 bore-fest in the history of crap football.
  • Today is an interim Friday.
  • Bury 0 Charlton Athletic 2

An entertaining game which sees the visitors claim the points with a goal in each half from Nicky Ajose. The first following great work down the left from Ademola Lookman and the second following up a Ricky Holmes thunderbolt which the keeper could only parry.

But it wasn't all plain sailing for the Addicks for whom Goalkeeper Declan Rudd had to react smartly to protect his clean sheet following a deflected shot which cannoned off new signing Jason Pearce who was, otherwise, untroubled.

Manager Russell Slade said after the game. "That's just what I was looking for - a professional performance, 3 points, no injuries and the fans can go home happy and we are off and running."
  • 2-0 RoJo brace

2 goals and 300 fuckin swear words, that'll do
  • Safe journey to all people making the journey up north.
    Can't believe we're going into our first game with Konsa/Johnson/Crofts & Jacko as the spine of our team.

1-1 draw. Ajose
  • Jacko can't start ffs
  • uie2 said:

Bury 0 Charlton 4! We have to much for Bury! Ajose on his return to his old loan club and fact he was born in Bury will get him a hattrick! Crofts or Holmes will get the other goal! But unfortunately the score line will lead RD and KM to thinking we don't need anymore new players! Also Lookman will come on and run them raged which almost sees us getting more goals but despite the 0-4 scoreline Kirkland will have a good game for Bury on his debut! We can dream can't we!

Comfortable win then.
  • I'll be camping all weekend, meaning l might be away from any internet connection. Can't say I'll be too upset. I think I need to ease my way back into the football season. 1-1. Hopefully not too embarassing
  • Won't be facing Chris Kirkland on Saturday...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36981234
  • Sponsored links:

• Pearce too late for tomorrow. Could JJ play at CH? Already lots of experience at LB.

Why is Pearce to late to play Saturday? He's had a full press season with Wigan and played for them via Liverpool on Sunday!
  • TelMc32 said:

Won't be facing Chris Kirkland on Saturday...

He's done that before! ! Who was it he left without playing a game a few years ago?
  • uie2 said:

TelMc32 said:

Won't be facing Chris Kirkland on Saturday...

He's done that before! ! Who was it he left without playing a game a few years ago?
    The Massives!
  • Confident and excited.

Professional if unspectacular 1-0 to us to get us going

COYR
  • 3-1 CHARLTON ...late goal for Bury
  • Don't think we'll lose, but a bore draw or late winner is most likely, Ajose if we do find the back of the net.
  • Don't think we'll lose, but a bore draw or late winner is most likely, Ajose if we do find the back of the net.

Anyone know what Bury's nets are like? Was thinking of going, but put off if the nets are shoddy - find it ruins a good game! :smiley:
  • Having seen what Ketts now thinks the line up could now be, I have changed my thoughts from a 1-1 draw to a 1-0 or 2-0 victory. It will be interesting to see if the squad is added to today, and if so it what positions!! COYR's
  • A midfielder is coming in.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-1 win and the optimists and apologists talk of winning the title, lessons learnt and their faith being rewarded.

Then come the end of the window we only sign 2 more players while Harriott, Tex and Lookman are sold leaving u21s to take their place. Slade or KM will be quoted as saying "we couldn't get the last couple of deals over the line" or similar.
  • Scoham said:

3-1 win and the optimists and apologists talk of winning the title, lessons learnt and their faith being rewarded.

Then come the end of the window we only sign 2 more players while Harriott, Tex and Lookman are sold leaving u21s to take their place. Slade or KM will be quoted as saying "we couldn't get the last couple of deals over the line" or similar.

Glass empty?
  • Jacko can't start ffs

@colin1961 has been found safe and well in Blackpool!
  • Pearce to start? Have we actually signed Foley? A few questions remain about what the likely team will be tomorrow, especially if Novak can't play.

Assuming no Novak, Foley or other new signings my guess would be: Rudd, Solly, Johnson, Pearce, Fox; Holmes, Crofts, Ba, Jackson, Lookman; Ajose.

Subs: Phillips, Hanlan, Konsa, Holmes-Dennis, Ahearne-Grant, Muldoon & Thomas.

Very young bench!
  • sam3110 said:

Prediction, 8 debut players in game.

New GK
    Solly, Johnson, new CB, Fox
    Holmes, Crofts, Jackson, Harriott
    Ajose, Novak

Phillips, Konsa, Holmes-Dennis, Ba, new CM, Lookman, Hanlan

The new players will be Rudd, Pearce, Foley imo

We win 2-1

So changing slightly, team is:

Rudd
    Solly, Pearce, Johnson, Fox
    Holmes, Jackson, Crofts, Lookman
    Ajose, Novak

Phillips, Konsa, Holmes-Dennis, Ba, new CM, Hanlan, KAG/Muldoon (depends of KAG goes out on loan beforehand)

Still think the new CM in the squad will end up being Foley, but we will announce another one today as well, who won't be ready for tomorrow.

Still 2-1 to us, Ajose and Pearce with the goals, Holmes sets up both
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Prediction, 8 debut players in game.

New GK
    Solly, Johnson, new CB, Fox
    Holmes, Crofts, Jackson, Harriott
    Ajose, Novak

Phillips, Konsa, Holmes-Dennis, Ba, new CM, Lookman, Hanlan

The new players will be Rudd, Pearce, Foley imo

We win 2-1

So changing slightly, team is:

Rudd
    Solly, Pearce, Johnson, Fox
    Holmes, Jackson, Crofts, Lookman
    Ajose, Novak

Phillips, Konsa, Holmes-Dennis, Ba, new CM, Hanlan, KAG/Muldoon (depends of KAG goes out on loan beforehand)

Still think the new CM in the squad will end up being Foley, but we will announce another one today as well, who won't be ready for tomorrow.

Still 2-1 to us, Ajose and Pearce with the goals, Holmes sets up both
    This looks close to the team in my view.
    We are going to be very weakened with injuries and suspensions and loss of form when those factors kick in.
    It is a clear need to still strengthen this squad, even with the prospect of kashi and Diarra returning at some point.
    If Slade does not get the necessary support he says he needs, common sense says he needs, and we fans can see he needs, then it will be the regime undermining the manager once again.
  • It's a good first XI, but a threadbare squad and a bench that wouldn't be able to change a game if things aren't going our way.
  • Come on, that starting XI looks good for this division.
  • Come on, that starting XI looks good for this division.

Jacko and Crofts in CM too good for league 1?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!