Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury v Charlton Athletic | Sat 06 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Cheers Elfsborg. We will go on that basis. Is Ricky buying each of the 900 travelling fans a free pint?

I'm joking...obviously!

Should be a good atmosphere with close to a thousand fans. I'm looking forward to it. Especially if we bring in more players between now and Sat. 2-0 the addicks.

Only the ones I like - on that basis, I'll just be buying myself one. I don't even like my mates that I'm meeting in Manchester.

@ricky_otto I love your vulgar sense of humour and, on that basis, will happily buy you a beer. I have no idea what you look like but imagine you wear a long plastic mac. Am I right?
    If it adds to my freebies for Saturday how vulgar do I need to be?
  • SDAddick said:

Cheers Elfsborg. We will go on that basis. Is Ricky buying each of the 900 travelling fans a free pint?

I'm joking...obviously!

Should be a good atmosphere with close to a thousand fans. I'm looking forward to it. Especially if we bring in more players between now and Sat. 2-0 the addicks.

Only the ones I like - on that basis, I'll just be buying myself one. I don't even like my mates that I'm meeting in Manchester.

@ricky_otto I love your vulgar sense of humour and, on that basis, will happily buy you a beer. I have no idea what you look like but imagine you wear a long plastic mac. Am I right?
    I really hope the adorable little flirting you two have been doing via posts over the past few days ends up in something romantic on Saturday. You've become the CL "Ross and Rachel" (to the yoot: am I using that right?). Will they, won't they, will they, won't they? Call me old fashioned but I love a good love story.
    Wtf, we're fighting over Mr Otto!
  • Cheers Elfsborg. We will go on that basis. Is Ricky buying each of the 900 travelling fans a free pint?

I'm joking...obviously!

Arsenetatters and me are very nice people.

I am sure after Saturday we'll be friends for life, particularly once you get the beers in.
    What he means is he'll be your friend for life! Can't get rid of the little fucker after that!
  • Essex_Al said:

Cheers Elfsborg. We will go on that basis. Is Ricky buying each of the 900 travelling fans a free pint?

I'm joking...obviously!

Arsenetatters and me are very nice people.

I am sure after Saturday we'll be friends for life, particularly once you get the beers in.
    What he means is he'll be your friend for life! Can't get rid of the little fucker after that!
    I have been told I'm a nice little f*****!
  • First game of the season ... I LOVE it whatever the fears and/or prospects that a new term always holds.
    Bury has really strengthened the playing personnel in the close season, more than we have .. BUT so far we have retained and/or signed a decent core to the team Rudd/Tex/Bauer/Holmes/Lookman/Ajose/Nowak, even if there is still a big doubt over the fitness of far too many.

I expect us to come out fighting and to get a point .. and PLEASE .. it seems that a few hundred are making the Bury trek .. GET BEHIND THE TEAM RIGHT FROM START TO FINISH

Bury 1 v CAFC 1
  • We are going to get torn a new one aren't we?

3-0
  • Ffs arsenetatters you're not coming to an away with me again. People are thinking this is turning into a dating thread!
  • @Shakers
    How does your team compare to last season?
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

I really hope the adorable little flirting you two have been doing via posts over the past few days ends up in something romantic on Saturday. You've become the CL "Ross and Rachel" (to the yoot: am I using that right?). Will they, won't they, will they, won't they? Call me old fashioned but I love a good love story.
    You're all going to be very pissed off when I turn up with my mate Colin.
  • Must admit wish I was going but don't expect much.
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

That's alright because I would have had six free pints by then and I'll be very pleased to see Colin!
  • 1-1 draw
  • Not sure how to call this one, hoping for a win but will accept a draw 1-1.

The match thread will be back from 14:00, please god let this season be one where completing the match threads will be a happy occasion!!!

COYR's
  • 0-0.

6 long-term injuries, 4 of them noise induced deafness after being shouted at by Roger.
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

That's alright because I would have had six free pints by then and I'll be very pleased to see Colin!
    Ohhhh, a menagerie!
  • 1-0 Bury from a corner.
    Bury adopt Iceland's tactics and get 11 men behind the ball,
    when Charlton have an attack.
    Charlton have 65% of Possession and one shot on Target
    and 12 shots off target.
    At the end 50% of CAFC crowd Clap the Players,
    50% tell them to Fuck off.
    Welcome to League 1.
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

Happy to be likened to Rachel but in reality I'm a middle-aged, menopausal woman. According to Elfsborg I look old enough to get an over 60s ticket so unless he likes em old I'm not in with a chance.

Having detracted from the OP though....
    Bury 2 Charlton 0. Both Bury's goals from set pieces and the nerves set in.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1-0 Bury from a corner.
    Bury adopt Iceland's tactics and get 11 men behind the ball,
    when Charlton have an attack.
    Charlton have 65% of Possession and one shot on Target
    and 12 shots off target.
    At the end 50% of CAFC crowd Clap the Players,
    50% tell them to Fuck off.
    Welcome to League 1.

Who on our side is going to keep that much possession ?
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

Happy to be likened to Rachel but in reality I'm a middle-aged, menopausal woman. According to Elfsborg I look old enough to get an over 60s ticket so unless he likes em old I'm not in with a chance.

Having detracted from the OP though....
    Bury 2 Charlton 0. Both Bury's goals from set pieces and the nerves set in.
    I thought this was an Otto and tatters blind date!
  • 3-0 Bury the night-meire continues.
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

Keep an eye on your in box, Dave Mehmet will be in touch soon. :smiley:
  • 1-2 Charlton win.

1-1 at half time, Croft for us, we score the winner around the 80th minute, who else but the Captain.
  • I'll be watching the Cobblers at home against Fleetwood. #league1getusedtoit
  • Can't believe it, but after supporting the club for 45 years I find myself, for the first time ever, not really caring that much what happens on Saturday.
    It hurts but I actually probably want us to lose, as any other result is positive for RD and KM and they will just continue running the club in the same way, thinking that they know what they are doing.
    I certainly won't be rushing back from the beach to get the result, or keeping track of the score while I'm there.
  • Clive. If we lose they will continue to run the club the same way as well
  • Clive. If we lose they will continue to run the club the same way as well

Unfortunately, you are totally right. Depressing isn't it!
  • SDAddick said:

I'm joking...obviously!

Keep an eye on your in box, Dave Mehmet will be in touch soon. :smiley:
    Forget whatever internet dating site, (try and)forget tinder, Charlton Life is the new dating site.

Free as well!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!