Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bury v Charlton Athletic | Sat 06 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Come on, that starting XI looks good for this division.

Jacko and Crofts in CM too good for league 1?
    Not too good for League One. Crofts was once better than this level but it's his level now, I'd argue Jackson has only ever been a League One player, as much as I like him. A bit like Hollands. He was never Championship class.
  • Slade may drop Jackson and play himself, just to add some pace to the midfield.

Only joking

It would add a bit of width to the midfield...
  • Slade may drop Jackson and play himself, just to add some pace to the midfield.

Only joking

Would add extra meaning for Karel 'spread out' Fraeye.
  • I've just backed Charlton, which is normally the kiss of death.
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016

Come on, that starting XI looks good for this division.

Central midfield is weak, one paced, slow & lacking creativity.
  • 4-5-1/4-3-3

Rudd
    Solly
    Konsa
    Pearce
    Fox
    Crofts
    Jackson
    Ba (literally because there is nobody else)
    Holmes
    Ajose
    Lookman

2-1 win and 5 signings come in before Northampton (it's Friday afternoon and I may have had a beer...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely agree to go with Ba:

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce
    Johnson
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Ba
    Lookman
    Novak
    Ajose

Bench:

Phillips
    Konsa
    Holmes-Dennis
    Foley (I think he will have signed a pay as you play deal of some kind that went through before the deadline)
    Jackson
    Ahearne Grant
    Hanlan

Only joking

It would add a bit of width to the midfield...
    A bit! Both teams would have to ask if it's OK to start the game with 9 men.
  • edited August 2016

Definitely agree to go with Ba:

Rudd
    Solly
    Fox
    Pearce
    Johnson
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Ba
    Lookman
    Novak
    Ajose

Bench:

Phillips
    Konsa
    Holmes-Dennis
    Foley (I think he will have signed a pay as you play deal of some kind that went through before the deadline)
    Jackson
    Ahearne Grant
    Hanlan

Swop Bauer for Rojo, Diarra for Crofts, add Umerah to the bench, RCC and our mysterious midfielder (hope it's Adeyami) with Tex still here, Kashi and perhaps with another goalscorer that is a squad that could win the Champ let alone L1. Given nobody else is sold. A fit Igor hopefully to return. I am vacillating over my stance as a protester. Will keep powder dry until Sept 1st.
    You're having a laugh. Half of that mob played in a relegated team. Johnson and Ba couldn't even get near that relegated team starting line up. Admittedly I should do well in league 1 - but have a look at some of the squads in the championship.
  • I seem to remember Igor is on loan for the season.

In my fantasy world I would be looking first for another striker and then some more creativity in central midfield.

In my fantasy world I would be looking first for another striker and then some more creativity in central midfield.

Midfield comes well before striker for me.
  • Is it right if you find the Rose and Crown pub you get free drinks courtesy of ricky-otto ?

Midfield comes well before striker for me.
    Defo midfield before another striker, in fact I would want 2 midfielders before a striker. With lookman we have 3 decent striker's but absolutely no cm creativity

Number 9 shirt is still available
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

Is it right if you find the Rose and Crown pub you get free drinks courtesy of ricky-otto ?

In a word....NO.

I might have to do another armed robbery en route at this rate.
  • Do you mean lifting a few tenners out of people's wallets on the coach on the way up?

Good skills until you get caught.
  • Yay the football season is back!!!! And our owners do the best to ruin it for us!!! Bury will be tough and they will be more ready than we are. All those months to organise a squad, even if it is everyone out and bring in a new team, and they failed. Due to this our midfield has old legs and no creativity, a bit like when we went to Bournemouth in the championship with Hughes and the ex Swansea player. 2-1 to Bury as after going two behind we struggle until the last 5 mins.
  • I'm going for 1-3 Charlton with JJ, Holmes and foley scoring.
  • Is it right if you find the Rose and Crown pub you get free drinks courtesy of ricky-otto ?

In a word....NO.

I might have to do another armed robbery en route at this rate.
    You saved money on the (lack of)wedding present so you have bundles. I don't care if I miss the game to get these beers.
  • _MrDick said:

Saturday is a disaster waiting to happen ... no experience, no pace, no ideas. Easy win for Bury

And relatively large away following full of expectation.....
  • _MrDick said:

Saturday is a disaster waiting to happen ... no experience, no pace, no ideas. Easy win for Bury

And relatively large away following full of expectation.....
    For us this IS a large away following.
  • I'm dropping Rufus (son) off for a week at my dad's near Coventry this weekend or would be going.

Between the boy on Pokemon go and me following the football updates from @Redmidland we are going to have to get a grip and actually interact.

I'm depressingly optimistic again.
  • I've only gone and done it again... after weeks of nay saying doom and gloom I have lumped on the Addicks!

Confirmation I will NEVER learn...
  • It has to be 0-1 with a Jason Pearce goal !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!